Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last

Thread: GA Smoker

  1. #11

    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Atlanta, Ga
    Posts
    9
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by KidSpatula View Post
    The tags are the little icons at the top of a person's post (like instructor/amateur or pro fighter etc) that show the forum you've shown proof of your credentials to the admins. It doesn't mean much, but it shows forum dweebs a little about who you are without having to explain it or leave it to people to assume.
    Ah, thanks!!

  2. #12
    WhiteShark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Atlanta GA
    Posts
    9,167
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Wicked Jitsu View Post
    That's exactly what type of people I'm setting this up for. My more experienced guys/gals fight on real shows at real venues.

    This smoker is set up for guys or gals that want to fight but, don't have time to train the way you need to, to fight on a real card. Or, people that haven't fought yet but, want to get in there and mix it up.

    This is for the weekend warriors or noobs, not real fighters that have been training everyday for years.

    I am visualizing a casual event that's basically an intense sparring session with people you've never gone with before. Kinda a BJJ tourny environment but, for MMA .
    That sounds awesome I know we have some people like that.

  3. #13

    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Atlanta, Ga
    Posts
    9
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiteShark View Post
    That sounds awesome I know we have some people like that.
    Cool bro. We are right down the street from you. I know a lot of you Creighton guys. All good people.

    On a completely seperate note, we host an open mat at my gym every Friday evening from 5:30 - 7:30. We do Muay Thai, Boxing, No Gi and Gi training. There's no fee and it's open to whomever. We don't rep flags. It's all about the love of the sport. You are welcome to stop by this Friday. A few Creighton peeps already participate.

  4. #14
    WhiteShark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Atlanta GA
    Posts
    9,167
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Sounds cool but frankly if I could make it to a Friday practice I'd go to a third at my own school. I hate only training two days a week.

    That sounds crappy but the internet is a bitch for tone. Add smiles and genuine regret for two days a week to all that.

    Wehre in Lawrenceville are you? do you guys have a website?

  5. #15
    Torakaka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Kaka village
    Posts
    10,642
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Wicked Jitsu View Post
    Cool bro. We are right down the street from you. I know a lot of you Creighton guys. All good people.

    On a completely seperate note, we host an open mat at my gym every Friday evening from 5:30 - 7:30. We do Muay Thai, Boxing, No Gi and Gi training. There's no fee and it's open to whomever. We don't rep flags. It's all about the love of the sport. You are welcome to stop by this Friday. A few Creighton peeps already participate.
    I'll have to drop by with one or two other folks. Always looking for new people to spar with :)
    Ranked #9 internationally at 118lbs by WIKBA http://www.womenkickboxing.com/wikba...rch%202009.htm

  6. #16
    WhiteShark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Atlanta GA
    Posts
    9,167
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This **** is getting weird. From your Facebook page I know I recognize you from somewhere and it is additionally odd that we were both at the Warrior Dash. lol Did you go to Georgia Tech?

    Did you fight or corner Muay Thai fights around 5 years ago when Lane was promoting a lot? Maybe thats where I recognize you?
    Last edited by WhiteShark; 12/01/2010 4:16pm at .

  7. #17

    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Atlanta, Ga
    Posts
    9
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Bumble Monster View Post
    This **** is getting weird. From your Facebook page I know I recognize you from somewhere and it is additionally odd that we were both at the Warrior Dash. lol Did you go to Georgia Tech?

    Did you fight or corner Muay Thai fights around 5 years ago when Lane was promoting a lot? Maybe thats where I recognize you?
    Nah, I went to State but, I did live in Home Park. My room mates were going to GT so, I hung with a lot of them from 98-02.

    I have cornered people at Lane's shows but, only MMA. I'm a BJJ guy that only started training Muay Thai in 06' to improve my MMA game.

    It's a small world. I'm sure we've met somewhere at some point.

  8. #18

    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Atlanta, Ga
    Posts
    9
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by KidSpatula View Post
    I'll have to drop by with one or two other folks. Always looking for new people to spar with :)
    Sounds good. We're at 478 Northdale Rd. Suite 204 Lawrenceville, GA 30045.

  9. #19
    WhiteShark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Atlanta GA
    Posts
    9,167
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Here is the tag request thread if you want a Brown Belt tag and an instructor tag:
    The Official Tag Request Thread - Throwdown Fists, Expert Tags, etc. - Page 19 - No BS MMA and Martial Arts

  10. #20
    Torakaka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Kaka village
    Posts
    10,642
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Wicked Jitsu, sent you a PM
    Ranked #9 internationally at 118lbs by WIKBA http://www.womenkickboxing.com/wikba...rch%202009.htm

Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO