Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Style
    Bjj
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Wolfgang Hammersmith -- former 'black ops', writes book aimed at videogamers

Maybe this belongs in the armory, but i didn't wan to chance it. This guy sounds legit.

http://wolfganghammersmith.com/books/

2. What was your toughest mission?

Working against human traffickers and drug distributors, I was blown out of a building. It happened when a guy I was chasing threw a satchel charge into the room I was entering, and it went off as I was attempting to jump out of a broken window, throwing me thirty feet out on to the front lawn, breaking L5 and S1. My legs didn’t work for two weeks, and then they slowly recovered, but I also had to recover from secondary effects where one’s immune system attacks the organs that are healing. That part took six months! I was kind of walking after two weeks, and then it was back to work again – no back repairs until years later when I had a five-and-a-half hour back operation to remove the broken bones and complete repairs

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    His claims:

http://wolfganghammersmith.com/about-2/

Born in 1950 into a Military family and handed over to a USMC program at the age of twelve, Wolfgang Hammersmith was raised in the world of the US Marine Corps. He graduated from the program at the age of eighteen, serving as a combat team commander (CTC) in the Vietnam War and in counterterrorism and anti-human trafficking operations. As part of Combined Services, prior to RDF (Rapid Deployment Force) and Delta Force, he continued an illustrious combat career during which he led combat teams in eighty-six missions, across 41 countries. Always proud to serve our great Nation, he quickly realized after being the last man on the team up a particular hill, on a particular day, that after 19 years of service, countless injuries, and numerous gunfights, that at the ripe age of 37, he was done. Having never known civilian life, the transition was not an easy one. Meeting his life partner, Elizabeth, came at the perfect time and he readily admits that she saved him from returning to fieldwork and certain death. They married in 1988. While most men who have seen what he has seen, and done what he has done, would most likely live out the rest of their years in isolation. As his teams were only called up four to six times per year, Wolfgang was able to capitalize on the skills he picked up during the months when he was not working. This extensive list of skills includes professional still photographer, cinematographer, helicopter pilot, writer, master scuba diver and USMM 200-Ton Ship’s Masters’ license.
    They settled in the Northwest, but not being one to sit still for very long, Wolfgang created and developed a digital encryption system based on the unbreakable One-Time Pad. He also dedicates time to play the electric bass, and he is an avid chess player (USCF member.) He continues to study Pistolcraft and Comprehensive Knife Fighting with his friend and co-author, Jeff Nitsche. Riding most of the year, he has put over 1.8 million road miles on the back of many different Harley Davidson and other motorcycles since 1959.
    Knowing he had stories to tell, he studied professional writing in Sol Stein’s courses and that’s what brings us here today. Although writing over thirty publications for the military, Beyond the Call of Duty: Gunfight! is his first foray into the world of writing to entertain. All stories are true as they happened. Wolfgang writes from a place that most warriors don’t want to go back to, their memories, and he shares with us the stories of his Teammates and honors their memories through books in the “Gunfight!” series.

Style
    In transition
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That's not that bad. A lot of those "extensive" skills are hobbies civillians have easy access to.

Anybody heard of a Marine Corps program that pulls you in at 12? I never have.

Style
    judo hiatus
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by helmutlvx View Post
    That's not that bad. A lot of those "extensive" skills are hobbies civillians have easy access to.

Anybody heard of a Marine Corps program that pulls you in at 12? I never have.
    We used to have a kids group of some kind show up yearly at the Infantry Training School on Camp Pendleton.

Can't remember the name of the group, but seeing the kiddies in cammos and officer's insignia was kind of a joke.

I don't think is was a USMC program though, just a group that used the facilities. A lot of other groups from Canadians to LA SWAT and others used the combat town and training in other areas. This was back in the late 70s-80s.

Style
    In transition
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hm... Whatever program this is, it put him into a leadership role (I'm frankly not sure what "combat team commander" means. Does that mean a squad? A battalion?) and then he went into Delta Force, which I'm assuming is post-Vietnam. Since, y'know, Delta Force wasn't technically a unit until '79 (according to Wikipedia, at least).

Maybe if somebody could figure what the **** program he went into at 12, there's a possibility it could be true.

There's not any immediate mistakes or ludicrous claims, chronologically, that I see. But y'know. El not-o experto, comprende?

Style
    JJJ/JKD/Kali/Combatives
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Naval Junior ROTC, perhaps? A Military school?

This is curious...

Also, "Delta Force" is organized under the US Army. I believe it would be unusual for an active-duty Marine to be in this unit. But I suppose it is not impossible -- the special operations world was organized a little differently in the vague, 1980's time period he's describing. I would find it somewhat more plausible if he claimed service with SEAL Team 6. I hope somebody with more insider knowledge can find a way to speak to this -- if only as to the possibility of an active-duty Marine serving in "Delta" sometime prior to 1988.

Style
    Mixed
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Wolfgang Hammersmith is also the founder of an encryption technology firm (Vadium Technology) that has claimed an "unbreakable" One Time Pad encryption product since 2004, something that industry encryption experts have been skeptical of. (OTPs are a perfect theoretical encryption process, akin to perpetual motion or cold fusion claims...often bullshit).

I encountered this man with the unforgettable name a few years ago while reading my favorite cryptography blog: http://www.schneier.com/blog/archive...ouse_va_1.html. If you scroll down you will see a good number of posts made by Mr. Hammersmith himself.

He then got into a 6-year-long comments battle on Bruce Schneier's site (Bruce is a world-renowned crypto guru) talking about how Bruce doesn't know what he's talking about, and Vadium Technology is the best thing for computer security, ever. Oh, and it's unbreakable by the way.

He even appeared to post some sockpuppet entries in support of himself, got caught doing it, and claimed it was a friend sitting at his computer.
    Last edited by W. Rabbit; 11/28/2010 3:12pm at .

Style
    JJJ/JKD/Kali/Combatives
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    C'mon, Wabbit...

Everyone knows the Bigfoot pilots of the cold-fusion-powered Nazi UFOs based in the hollow earth use Unbreakable One Time Pads designed by the Illuminati to incrypt their communications. That way the Deros and the Atlanteans can't listen in on them. The Bigfoot pilots also practice Chi-based kung fu to defeat gun-toting hunters and grapplers. Nothing can stand against them!

Style
    Mixed
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Styygens View Post
    C'mon, Wabbit...

Everyone knows the Bigfoot pilots of the cold-fusion-powered Nazi UFOs based in the hollow earth use Unbreakable One Time Pads designed by the Illuminati to incrypt their communications. That way the Deros and the Atlanteans can't listen in on them. The Bigfoot pilots also practice Chi-based kung fu to defeat gun-toting hunters and grapplers. Nothing can stand against them!
    You didn't say anything about ninjas. Where do ninjas fit in.

Style
    In transition
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by W. Rabbit View Post
    You didn't say anything about ninjas. Where do ninjas fit in.
    They don't fit in anywhere. They're invisible.

Page 1 of 2 12 Last