Style
    mma /boxing/muai thai
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Tazers cross draw?

I was walking past a policeman today with his really obvious bright yellow tazer handle forwards on the left side of his belt. As far as I could tell this means it is set up for a cross draw.

I can think of all sorts of issues as to why this would be a bad idea.

1.your arm can get easily pinned

2.it would be easier for somone else to take off you

3. you just might forget if you have a gun or tazer in your hand.

Is this normal? Given the choice I would just learn to shoot the thing with my left hand.

Style
    BJJ/MT
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That seems to be the standard around here too. It's probably to try and help them remember when they're using the taser and when they're ventilating someone. I thought about the taking it off you one, I'm betting there's a release on the holster somewhere making it much more difficult to pull out if you don't know where it is. The arm pinning thing... yeah... I can see that being a problem.

Style
    BJJ, FMA
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I think this runs into the problem of where else would you put it. I don't think I would put it on the same side as the real gun that is asking for all sorts of issues. All and all most of those issues you have listed are valid but I can't think of a better way of doing things with out compromising the real firearm.

Style
    mma /boxing/muai thai
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I still think shooting with my left(off hand) would be a choice. or even drawing it and swiching to my right. My theory is that a tazer is not drawn in the seconds before somone stabs you. That is the gun option. It is drawn when you have a little bit of time and space to make a decision to go less leathal.
    You are also closer and more able to make a shot with your left hand? I dont know how accurate a tazer is but I think it is just red dot on target pull trigger.
    If you had to go tazer then gun ther might be some juggling but that would happen anyway.

Added benifits would be all the RBSD gun scenarios like if your hand is damaged or trapped or if you are shooting from your car. And if your gun does get taken you do have a chance to tazer them and visa versa.

Style
    Judo
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    1.your arm can get easily pinned
    This is why (I was taught) no one carries their firearm crossdraw.

It's probably to try and help them remember when they're using the taser and when they're ventilating someone.
    This is exactly why tazers are carried crossdraw.