Page 8 of 29 FirstFirst ... 45678 910111218 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    12/08/2010 5:06pm

Style: BBT/BJJ/CJKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by mimo View Post
    OK this whole witch-hunt appears like a BIG Semantic oversight.

Here are few examples of that:

* He mentioned the word Operative: Here is 1 definition.
    1. A skilled worker, especially in industry.
    a. A secret agent; a spy.
    b. A private investigator.
    3. One who works for a political organization, often wielding influence out of public view.

Now in none of his Tubes did he mention he is a "Military Operative" ROFLMAO:toothy10:.
    You may be laughing. I am not -- especially at your faux naivety. You call this "semantics" -- I call it misleading. His clear intention in using the word "operative" in the context of marketing and claims of teaching military, law enforcement, and security personnel is to imply he is some type of "secret squirrel." Otherwise, why choose such a loaded term and use it repeatedly? If he means he is a private detective, bouncer, doorman, private event security, etc, he could avoid confusion by choosing one of these more precise terms. He is being deliberate in his choice of a vague word with other connotations.

BTW, I went looking for an example of him using the word "operative" and can't find one on a current page. How interesting! It appears he is aware of the questions being raised here. It doesn't change the fact it was there earlier last week when I first started following this thread. Nothing is ever truly erased on the InterWebz you know...

Where is the fraudulent activity? Just appears to be Semantics and misunderstandings..
    I don't think anyone but you raised the very specific word "fraud" in this thread. Bodhi108, the OP, launched an investigation based on a lack of specific background information on Holloway's sites. He asked specific questions in an attempt to sweep aside semantic misunderstandings to discover the truth behind the claims.

He hasn't openly said WHAT he is teaching to WHOM..
    And that is exactly the problem. Hence the series of questions in the original post aiming to discover the original source of Holloway's own training, the facts about his opaque claims of experience, and the truth about who he is teaching and what he is teaching them. Aren't you the slightest bit curious about the man you are defending?

Who hasn't taught the FBI, CIA, NSA USMC anyway? list goes on but they still tap into the civilian world.
    Let's not quibble about who else is or is not training elite organizations. Let's instead cut right to the heart of this issue: There is a huge difference between a couple of random employees who choose on their own dime to take a class or seminar, and an instructor being asked to present material to a service/department/agency in an official capacity. And then there is a further difference between a person demonstrating once or twice and being asked to provide ongoing, continuing instruction on a regular basis.

If I teach a couple of people who happen to be National Guard NCOs in my school, I would be straining to claim I teach "the US Army." If I were so bold to make that claim and someone asked about it, I should have the integrity to say (at the very least), "a couple of my students are in the Guard." If I'm lucky enough to be teaching real secret squirrels and somehow know it -- I should have the common sense not to mention it at all.

Yes, civilians do teach government personnel. Most of them have served in some official capacity prior to undertaking such work in civilian life. They have built trust and a resume. People -- such as Emerson, Vunak, & McCann -- who do this kind of instruction can and do point to official recognition that can prove the claim to outsiders; or they keep their mouths shut.

Everybody has an agenda and all is not what it seems.
    Agreed. So why don't you come clean about your agenda?

Featherweight

Posted On:
    12/08/2010 6:26pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Sambo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    YouTube - A VERY DANGEROUS JAPANESE GIRL; Japanese idol for Raw Combat ;-)
    hey guys this student of his seems decent at least =/
    i mean shes as good as the noobs where i train

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/08/2010 6:55pm

Style: MMA/BJJ/Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Mimo, sure as hell writes alot like luke. He'll try to be all dismissive about people bashing him on the Internet but that wont stop him from trying to defend his actions under an alias (like a coward). Look at the end of the day that guy is a shameless self promoter. Luke is looking for suckers and trying to reinforce an image. It's funny because the guy put himself out there. The dude will never take a fight or showcase his skills in any live format I don't think he's got a single vid up of him sparring.

Thumbs up!

Posted On:
    12/08/2010 6:56pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo,MT,Boxing,BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    he spars a bit with his student in that video showcasing the girl, but the kid he spars with looks like a diver anyway.
    Fight Film Friday
    Watching violence on film, violently.
    Click here to donate!

Featherweight

Posted On:
    12/08/2010 7:02pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cmoore48 View Post
    Mimo, sure as hell writes alot like luke. He'll try to be all dismissive about people bashing him on the Internet but that wont stop him from trying to defend his actions under an alias (like a coward). Look at the end of the day that guy is a shameless self promoter. Luke is looking for suckers and trying to reinforce an image. It's funny because the guy put himself out there. The dude will never take a fight or showcase his skills in any live format I don't think he's got a single vid up of him sparring.
    he doesnt i looked all over for it
    neither does his students and most of the time they cant perform the techs at all
    so it makes me wonder if hes even training his japanese team at all

Valiant Monk of Booze & War

Posted On:
    12/08/2010 7:38pm

supporting memberstaff
     Style: BJJ/C-JKD/KAAALIII!!!!!!!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That's the first video of his I've seen that's half-decent. Not impressive, but decent.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    12/08/2010 8:12pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhi108 View Post
    That's the first video of his I've seen that's half-decent. Not impressive, but decent.
    not him her,she seems ok i guess still i see problems with her stuff
    but he may be an ok teacher but hes still bullshitting

Posted On:
    1/08/2011 11:53pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I have met this guy over 4 years ago and he was only 20 yrs old so i dont know how he has had a decade of experience in this new chosen field. Back in 2006 he was a small time pretend Kung fu Master with what appeared to be a couple of years of training , claiming his expertise. He just keeps fooling people out of their money by using his large size as his only atribute. He probably believes his own hype !

Watch and Shoot !

Posted On:
    1/09/2011 1:34pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thank you for dropping by, perhaps you'd like to expand upon what you've stated by explaining if you've trained with Holloway, what your personal skill sets are in (any) martial art and how you've come to the conclusions you've drawn.

Given that you're in Australia, do you have any information as to the reason why Holloway left his native country and spends most of his time now in Japan ?

Thank you
    "To sin by silence when one should protest makes cowards out of men".

~Ella Wheeler

Posted On:
    1/16/2011 1:26am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I met him at a seminar, and new of him previously, one of my family members was considering training with him so i did some research on him. I found no evidence of his proclaimed skill level and was suspicious so advised my family to avoid him. I dont know the reasons behind him leaving but he seems to learn from seminars then practice and replicate it on youtube claiming it as his own. As people start to see him for what he is he moves again. He lives in Japan which he should have no problems finding enough suckers for his programs. I have no problem with anyone teaching martial arts with little experience as long as they are up front about it. I have been in the martial arts for well over 20 years and have been running Bjj classes for the past 4 years at Blue Belt level. All my studnets know i am a Blue Belt so there is no misleading.
Page 8 of 29 FirstFirst ... 45678 910111218 ... LastLast