Valiant Monk of Booze & War

Posted On:
    12/01/2010 9:31pm

supporting memberstaff
     Style: BJJ/C-JKD/KAAALIII!!!!!!!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by tgace View Post
    I'm sensing that this guy is going to be a "Ralph Severesque" case. Some paid for certifications, some individual cop/soldier here or there that he worked out with listed as "Trained Police/Mil". Do we have any solid locations in the US where he has claimed to have worked in LE?
    He has not worked in the US as far as I can tell, aside from training people in Kent Island.

Posted On:
    12/01/2010 9:34pm

supporting memberstaff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4PYv3AWAbGw

I don't even know where to start with this. The amount of time he spends justifying his views of homosexuals. The amount of time he spends justifying his own sexuality.

I would expect someone trained in law enforcement to have a much better understanding of physical assault and how that is played out, rather than subscribing to ignorant opinions.

Watch and Shoot !

Posted On:
    12/01/2010 9:58pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Luke Holloway internet biography
    he [Holloway] does not teach nor encourage the hatred towards any religion..//..
    Perhaps not however, the clear image you portray of yourself through the above video in your own words illustrate you as homophobic

I am genuinely at a loss to understand your rational for creating a video about responding to a sexual advance from a member of the gay community. ??? Seriously ?
    Last edited by Rock Ape; 8/26/2011 5:01am at . Reason: removing the colour formatting from the old forums
    "To sin by silence when one should protest makes cowards out of men".

~Ella Wheeler

Administrator

Posted On:
    12/02/2010 9:01am

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    MABS people. People are starting to head into the YMAS cull direction.

Has entered Barovia...

Posted On:
    12/02/2010 10:56am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I think this guy can be outed with even the most superficial forensical observations.

For example, are expendable batons legal for police use in Australia and Japan?

Wouldn't police instruction build on the equipment that is actually in use?

Also, how come, nobody in any of these videos is wearing a uniform or a official sport dress?

Posted On:
    12/02/2010 11:24am

supporting memberstaff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    YouTube - Police Street Fighting: Baton vs Knife

In this video, he discusses use of force.

He states that against a knife, if you have range, draw your weapon. A knife is considered a deadly weapon.

He then states that you shouldn't strike the knife wielding attacker in the head with your baton, because that would be against the use of force.

So...according whatever force continuum Holloway is working under, shooting a knife-wielding attacker is acceptable use of force, but striking them in the head is not.

Shooting your attacker has a higher percentage chance of being deadly force. Knocking them in the head may kill them, but is far less likely to be deadly force than shooting them. Holloway's instruction makes no sense based on the force continuum I was trained in.

Further, consider the range against the knife-wielding attacker. I don't think I have to explain to any of our LEOs here the likelihood of getting your baton deployed before getting stabbed, especially if your baton is all the way PAST YOUR GUN in the small of your back.

Posted On:
    12/02/2010 12:05pm

supporting memberstaff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    YouTube - REAL GROUND FIGHTS & ESCAPE TRAINING

Here is what I don't understand.

All of my BJJ training has been through Jeet Kune Do & in an RBSD setting. There's no doubt in my mind that a 6-month white belt would rape me in a straight grappling match.

Even I can see the tremendous flaws in the his "Real Ground Fights"...mainly that the techniques only work for a big Ozzie against smaller Japanese dudes. They aren't based on any sort of concept that would work for everyone, and thus of no worth for training law enforcement, military, or civilians.

This video was actually painful for me to watch, as Holloway mounted the smaller Japanese and pounded on them, while his Japanese students did nothing but flail about on the ground.

As with his knife defense videos, the holes are there to exploit for anyone with a modicum of training.

So if I can see it, I have to question Holloway's American representative, Phil Whitelock.

Mr. Whitelock hosted Holloway in June, as shown in the first video in this thread "Afghanistan Deployment Prep". Mr. Whitelock is the owner & head instructor at Complete Jiujitsu.. They are a Pedro Sauer affiliated school. His school has a fight record, showings at NAGA, etc. No warning bells, aside from their association with Holloway & Whitelock being the American head of RAW Combat International.

Why would someone with a good gym, a reputable background, and a solid fight record associate with someone with an extremely questionable past & lack of proof for certifications & background, who teaches horrible technique like the ones in these videos?
    Last edited by Jiggle Butt; 12/02/2010 12:25pm at .

Posted On:
    12/02/2010 12:25pm

supporting memberstaff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by DerAuslander108 View Post
    In this video, he discusses use of force.

He states that against a knife, if you have range, draw your weapon. A knife is considered a deadly weapon.
    Let me clarify that by weapon here, I was referencing gun.

Watch and Shoot !

Posted On:
    12/02/2010 12:48pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Luke Holloway's website
    Military Training:

Military Hand to Hand CQC; Minimum Effort Maximum Damage; Enemy Elimination!

Training offered in Tactical Weapons such as Knife, Pistol & Riffle to achieve nothing other than domination & control of the enemy whilst keeping soldiers/members of the team safe and alive!
    Mr. Holloway exactly how much actual experience have you of modern warfare?

No disrespect intended but I suspect none what so ever.

What qualifies you to consider yourself able to offer a professionally trained member of an Armed Force, additional training in military tactical doctrine that YOU THINK will be applicable to service and operations in the Middle East (or anywhere for that matter) ?

Please forgive my curtness however, YOU ARE WRONG. you haven't a clue what it's like to operate as a soldier so, prey tell why should such professionals trust what you sell them as being anything other than untested bullshit which you cobble together or make up?

Given that you're selling H2H CQC techniques I would assume you've done your homework so, please elaborate for me (indulge me please) on how often a modern infantry soldier operating out in Afghanistan is faced with the situation where:

He doesn't have the direct support of his team mates.
    He finds himself so close to the enemy he chooses not to shoot with either his primary or secondary.
    He chooses not to frag

I could go on but I won't

So, you're telling me through your website that as a professional soldier, I would - by paying my hard earned cash to you - learn tactics, techniques and skill at arms which, not only does my employer have a duty of care to provide me FREE OF CHARGE but also PAYS ME to learn and develop before deploying on operational tours which...

You've no experience of
    Had no military training
    Never been in a fire fight

Mr. Holloway, professional soldiers don't need what you're selling, professional soldiers learn and hone their craft from people who are real operators with real experience of warfare.

You may talk the talk, but you have no legs with which to walk it.

I'm a reasonable man, I'm also someone who trains other military professionals. Please don't bullshit me.
    "To sin by silence when one should protest makes cowards out of men".

~Ella Wheeler

Posted On:
    12/02/2010 1:14pm

supporting memberstaff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Interview with Luke Holloway

Quote Originally Posted by Luke Holloway
    I was teaching for various departments of the Queensland Government
    Anyway we can check on this?