Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Bullshido's Greatest Ninja

Posted On:
    12/01/2010 6:49pm

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: JJJ/Judo[Nidan] BJJ[Blue]

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I got about 30 minutes before I leave for Jiu Jitsu, so let's see what this video has to offer.

0:46 - He "punches" the knife hand. I have seen this around and still think it's very ineffective. The first issue is that the chances of hitting that small of the target while fighting for your life is slim. However, even worse is that someone trying to kill you or even just fight you will have a death grip on that blade. You'd have the break that hand to make him drop it. That strike will not break the hand.

0:55 - His Hips are very high, basically he is standing straight up and down so he power of his technique is limited to his arms. Worse than that, he has zero control over the attacker's body. His technique only works on a complaint opponent standing there. Anyone fighting back would swim their arm inside his right elbow immediately disrupting the technique.

0:58 - Kneeing the head will not crush the spine. And nothing is stopping the attacker from standing back up.

1:13 - He is "moving" the knife arm across the body with nothing but his arm. That's a strength on strength battle. Poor Technique.

1:25 - Nothing is stopping the attacker from moving, either by shoulder charging, retreating or just standing. The time to takes to get around the chin is very long.

1:28 - No Control of the body what so ever. The attacker can roll away , roll into , kick with his legs, spin to a guard position. Also he now has gravity working for him to yank his knife arm down and cut the legs.

3:31 - He jams the attacker with his palms. Palms are very small targets that will be difficult intercept with when going full speed. Also grabbing the arm with fingers and thumbs separated like that will give no control or even broke thumbs in the worst case.

4:01 - No control over the knife arm, He can pull free.

Dorkus Malorkus

Posted On:
    12/01/2010 6:49pm

supporting member
     Style: Boxing/BJJudo/Crossfit

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    In regards to the Police Baton vs. Knife, at least in the USA being attacked with a knife constitutes deadly force and the appropriate response should be drop the baton and grab the gun. I just checked it again and he actually goes for the baton instead of the gun.

Watch and Shoot !

Posted On:
    12/01/2010 7:14pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    "Special Forces Knife Training"

Mr. Holloway, please explain who your "Special Forces" instructor(s) were, which, would then enable you to promote what you're demonstrating in the public domain as "Special Forces" orientated.

YouTube - Special Forces Knife Training (Violent!!!)

How do you know what training the SF conduct, what qualifies you to claim in the public domain that what you teach is associated with any branch of Special Forces ?
    "To sin by silence when one should protest makes cowards out of men".

~Ella Wheeler

Watch and Shoot !

Posted On:
    12/01/2010 7:23pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    "Bodyguard Pistol Disarms"
    Mr. Holloway, please explain where your CP qualifications come from, which organisation(s) are you licensed with, which, would then enable you to promote what you're demonstrating in the public domain as "Bodyguard" orientated.YouTube - Bodyguard Pistol Disarms

How much first hand experience have you in Close Protection duties, whilst I wouldn't expect you to divulge a client list, I would reasonably expect you to be certificated as an instructor with a recognised Close Protection agency. Which one is that and how long have you been employed in that capacity?
    Last edited by Rock Ape; 8/26/2011 4:57am at . Reason: removing the colour formatting from the old forums

~Ella Wheeler

Watch and Shoot !

Posted On:
    12/01/2010 7:37pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Mr. Holloway,
    I am a current serving member of the British Armed Forces, I'm an operationally experienced infantry soldier who enlisted in 1983.

I am happy to provide evidence to you of my current status.

I would welcome your comments to the following questions:

I've read your bio on your website and reviewed some of your videos on Youtube (see above), I hope you'll forgive me by stating that you're very young to have gained such a wealth of experience. I wonder if you'd care to elaborate on aspects of your biography, specifically, for me, areas which concern your Military connections.

Can I confirm that you've never served in any capacity within an Armed Force, thus do not have direct experience of warfare or military tactical doctrine of any kind. *IF* that is the case, can you explain what physical attributes and or skills you have to offer members of the Armed Forces.

In terms of your firearms skills, I note that you were taught from an early age how to safely conduct yourself around such weapons however, I’m interested to know how much experience you have say with CCW or with carrying a side arm in the course of your duties (in whatever capacity that might be)

With regard to your Bodyguard connections, can I again ask you to clarify how much direct experience you have in this specific occupation, I must assume that you're not only a qualified CP operator but an instructor to others in that field, again, can you confirm the organisation you gained those qualifications from.

Thank you.
    Last edited by Rock Ape; 8/26/2011 4:59am at . Reason: removing the colour formatting from the old forums

~Ella Wheeler

Administrator

Posted On:
    12/01/2010 7:58pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Migukclaus View Post
    Side note: I like how he redirects the knife attack to his balls. Thinning the heard at its best.
    I have Mcdojo traditional Knife training. Yes, it may have been made up. Still, the fact he doesn't pay attention to the blade edge during redirects irritates me. One of the first thing I learned in the CMA and even Hwarangdo was to pay attention to the edge.

Yes, I know, in an actual combat situation it may not be important. You drill the correct way, with repetition, to make the moves instinctual. If you aren't worried about the edge in practice in a real situation you are going to be in for a bigger shock.

Posted On:
    12/01/2010 8:22pm

Style: Arnis/Kenpo hybrid

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm sensing that this guy is going to be a "Ralph Severesque" case. Some paid for certifications, some individual cop/soldier here or there that he worked out with listed as "Trained Police/Mil". Do we have any solid locations in the US where he has claimed to have worked in LE?

Has entered Barovia...

Posted On:
    12/01/2010 8:30pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    We have to summon Tonuzaba, who is my elder in Wing Chun.

All those techniques bear a stunning resemblance to what I saw in Wing Chun's version of Escrima and RBSD. BUT it doesn't look anyway as fluent or as balanced as what I learned and observed.

Again, I strongly guess that he is shoehorning stuff from instructional videos together.

Posted On:
    12/01/2010 8:44pm

Join us... or die
     Style: stick,Taiji, mountainbike

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    YouTube - Police Combatives Instructor Certification Program

Just a couple of things that show that he has no real world experience or actual law enforcement training.

In the "Police Combatives Instructor" video

0:36
    He is trying to pat down a suspect. First of all he instructs you to push the suspect's face into the wall. There is no reason for this other than if you are trying to get a lawsuit.

0:42
    He takes both hands off the suspect and bends down at the waist to feel down the suspect's leg. Proper technique would have been to maintain contact with one hand on the center of the back (I prefer the hand and forearm) and then pat down the suspect with the available hand. He keeps one hand on his gun. If you are that high on the use of force continuum that you will be using deadly force, you should be cuffing the suspect and not leaving his hands free while you pat him down. In stead of bending down at the waist, you should squat so that you maintain your balance. Or have the suspect lift up his leg. You are in control, not the suspect.

0:50
    This is the most ignorant thing I have ever seen. Are you seriously lifting up your foot and trying to search his inner thigh with your foot?!!!!! There is no way you would be able to feel something while you are wearing boots. No combatives instructor would EVER tell you to do that!

1:52
    Please find me ANY Law Enforcement SOP that says that you should use any type of "Offensive Tactical Knife Work". If you take a knife, then you have de-escalated the situation. You do not turn the knife back on the person. You never get into a knife on knife fight. That's what guns, tazers, and OC are for. You don't pull a knife on someone. There is no way to defend that in court. Knife defense is good, knife offense should not be in ANY law enforcement training. You could sue a law enforcement agency just for teaching this.

2:22
    Why would you take someone's hand that you are controlling, and move it to his back and release control of it? You wouldn't. You would put a hand cuff on that arm, then move the hand down and bring the other wrist to the cuff. You always maintain control of the cuffs.

The rest of the video is just nutriding from some buddies. This video alone shows anyone with Law Enforcement experience or training, that he has neither.
    Combatives training log.

Gezere: paraphrase from Bas Rutten, Never escalate the level of violence in fight you are losing. :D

Drum thread

Pavel Tsatsouline: kettlebell workouts give you “cardio without the dishonour of aerobics”.

Posted On:
    12/01/2010 8:57pm

Style: Arnis/Kenpo hybrid

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I cant top Diesel's critique...

This kid exemplifies the classic warrior fantasy syndrome seen in some martial arts types.

Some guy's want to be "Warriors" but end up thinking that being one resides in skills. Being a warrior/soldier/operator/etc is about putting your ass out there. The skills are simply a means to accomplish the mission. A private in Afghanistan with basic infantry skills is 10X the "warrior" of some armchair commando with a 2K AR, a few firearms schools and a closet full of gear. People respect the Soldier for his/her service not for their marksmanship...guys like this fail to see this.

This kid hasn't been alive enough to have worked in any of those claimed fields for a length of time sufficient enough to tout expertise.

My LEO experience has taken me to MANY LE training courses and schools. It is pretty much universal that LE instructors will clearly state their rank, dept, years of service, major schools etc...explicitly. Anybody who touts LE experience as a selling point or as authentication, but fails to clearly explain when or where he got this experience screams BEWARE!!
    Last edited by tgace; 12/01/2010 9:12pm at .
Page 4 of 30 FirstFirst 1234 567814 ... LastLast