Our Sponsors:

Page 28 of 29 FirstFirst ... 182425262728 29 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    3/15/2014 9:08am

Style: Siling Labuyo Arnis

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cmoore48 View Post
    You go for any of that ankle crap and your going to be choked unconscious in less than 10 seconds.
    The technique he starts showing at :43, the shin press, my old sifu taught that one to me. When I was the one doing the choke, it worked fine. We switched positions, I was all ready to do it, and then he slammed the choke like he was going to hacksaw my head off.

Made me forget all about the shin press. He was doing it because he was an asshole who couldn't ever be seen as anything other than a superman, but he inadvertantly taught me a good lesson too.

Middleweight

Posted On:
    3/15/2014 3:12pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ+Sanda

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I gave up after about 0:50. I saw nothing that would be illegal under UFC rules, just stuff that clearly doesn't work against resisting opponents. Fail.
    Quote Originally Posted by strikistanian View Post
    DROP SEIONAGI ************! Except I don't know Judo, so it doesn't work, and he takes my back.

pro nonsense self defense

Posted On:
    3/15/2014 3:49pm

supporting member
     Style: FMA, dumbek, Indian clubs

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Back in highschool when I was a kung fu boy I challenged a wrestler to a 'rassle, and somehow I got a rear naked choke on him (I think he gave me his back by turtling). I got my hooks in and he grabbed my heel and toes and started twisting, like something Luke was doing in the vid. I thought I might tough it out because my choke was in and I really wanted bragging rights to beating a real wrestler, but reason got the better of me and I tapped. Glad I don't have a limp or something for some dumb highschool bragging rights.

In Combat though, which is what Luke is so hard for, the the guy choking might go into rage mode that this jerk is trying to break his ankle, and start choking with every ounce of their strength while gritting their teeth, while your hands are busy attacking leg pressure points. If you're gonna try to lock their legs while being choked, you really need to use your legs so your hands can defend your neck.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/01/2014 7:19am

Style: MMA/BJJ/Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    http://combativecorner.wordpress.com...-really-think/

This Fluff articular was written by T.J. Kennedy and I only stumbled across it recently. It was so bias and filled with questionable man love I just had to share it. I really thought it was hilarious how T.J. kept trying to make Luke out to be this huge, athletic, and dangerous person. At 6'4 and a flabby 240, Luke is far from an imposing guy.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/01/2014 11:02am

Style: Aikido, Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Just as side note, can't the guy doing the RNC turn to his side and hook the arm with the very same leg that's being ankle...pressured? Been watching a lot of BJJ vids lately, my head is swimming. Just thought that would be a good counter to someone trying to nerve out your shin/ankle like Luke did.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/01/2014 6:02pm

Style: Judo noob, injured guy.

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Those choke escapes remind me of that Bas Rutten story where the ninja's who attended his seminar said they would escape a RNC with an eye poke and he explained he'd break there neck. I imagine it would go "Ow, that poorly implemented leg/foot/finger lock kinda hurts... night night."

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/01/2014 6:56pm

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Krijgsman View Post
    Those choke escapes remind me of that Bas Rutten story where the ninja's who attended his seminar said they would escape a RNC with an eye poke and he explained he'd break there neck. I imagine it would go "Ow, that poorly implemented leg/foot/finger lock kinda hurts... night night."
    Story starts at 2:47

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/01/2014 6:58pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Krijgsman View Post
    Story starts at 2:47

http://youtu.be/UiiUHFCkoZ0?t=2m47s

Poor Luke, he must be ruing the day Bullshido caught onto him.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/01/2014 10:10pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Milk_ View Post
    Just as side note, can't the guy doing the RNC turn to his side and hook the arm with the very same leg that's being ankle...pressured? Been watching a lot of BJJ vids lately, my head is swimming. Just thought that would be a good counter to someone trying to nerve out your shin/ankle like Luke did.
    You can always kick out of that and squeeze harder or if standing up just kick in and put the hooks in, same with the hand squeeze head to the back of the head and pull hard, most of the times instead of let go most experienced fighters in a hard situation will just pull harder and either choke you or even break your neck, I'm paraphrasing from Bas Rutten talking about the same exact thing in a Joe Rogan Experience here (Sorry I can't post links but is in youtube with this tag watch?v=GeA__6aVkK0)

He says what is one of my favorite phrases:

"Never **** with someone that has a dominant position over you"

Just my $0.02, I'm amazed this guy is in Japan and he doesn't get called out faster, striking techniques are weird too.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/02/2014 5:20am

Style: MMA/BJJ/Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I love the part about " I go blank" that's actually you going unconscious.
Page 28 of 29 FirstFirst ... 182425262728 29 LastLast