Resume building.

Welterweight

Posted On:
    1/09/2014 12:06pm

supporting member
     Style: TangSooDo/Yubiwaza

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cmoore48 View Post
    Nah, I don't think Luke can't get out of his own way long enough to get a degree, master an art, or hold down a job. Its to much like actual work for him. The guy has to fragile an ego and to inflated sense of self worth to be a member of a team or compete in sports.
    MA certainly does not have a monopoly on narcissitic parasites, fuckups who think they're so special they don't have to work like everybody else. They have fragile egos that need constant stroking, and view the rest of us as just a source of ego supplies. They're everywhere, and any contact with them inevitably results in damage to the life of a normal person.
    A nation that makes a great distinction between its scholars and its warriors will have its laws made by cowards and its wars fought by fools. ― Thucydides

Valiant Monk of Booze & War

Posted On:
    1/10/2014 5:02pm

supporting memberstaff
     Style: BJJ/C-JKD/KAAALIII!!!!!!!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Is his wife still with him?

Administrator

Posted On:
    1/10/2014 5:35pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by DerAuslander View Post
    Is his wife still with him?
    Good lord, I hope not.
    http://luke-holloway.com/

http://luke-holloway.com/hostess-clubs-in-japan/
    http://luke-holloway.com/massage-in-japan/

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/20/2014 5:19am

Style: MMA/BJJ/Boxing

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This quote pretty much sum's up why I think raw combat is a joke.

" As we say in RAW Combat... there is a "distinct difference" in self-perfection (traditional martial arts) vs. self-protection. Some techniques work in the dojo, with a "willing" opponent whom is complacent, thus allowing you to effectively execute that day's lesson and/or techniques... vs. self-protection (effective methods, concepts, and techniques that are applicable to an opponent whom is NOT complacent and/or willing. (aka: legitimate street fight / legitimate self-defense.)" -Raw combat SOCAL

Dude, this is the reason why BJJ guys and people who actually fight make fun of people who do Raw combat. It's because everything you guys do is so obviously useless. Raw Combat/ The Australian fighting method/ Luke Holloway's warrior fantasy (I can't keep track of what their calling it) has what a 1000 video's online? Let me pose a question, in those thousands of videos have you ever seen them spar? Have you seen them go live ever ? I've only ever seen them use techniques that work in the dojo, with a "willing" opponent whom is complacent, thus allowing you to effectively execute that day's lesson. Yet their constantly claiming that's whats the problem with other Martial Arts " Raw combat is the real deal!".

Raw Combat people please look up the Gracie Challenge. Because that's how you prove you have created a effective martial art. You don't run around taking a bunch of seminars and cherry pick from them what you feel is effective. That's like going to a BJJ class a few times and saying well I've mastered this and the rear naked choke, and triangle are the only things worth a damn here. I'll steal them and incorporate them into my own deadly self protection art. Whats missing here is time and commitment. These are the only things that bring true mastery in any skill. Raw combat claims to hate politics of traditional Martial Arts systems. They've never really discussed what they seem to hate so much, but I'm willing to bet is has something to do with the rank system. People often forget that rank systems exist for a reason. Firstly, it's to let a student know where he is on the road to mastery of the art. Secondly, the belts are a symbolic ritual, and people often forget how important ritual is. It takes at least 6 years to get your black belt in BJJ, and the road to get there is very long and very tough. You have to spend thousands and thousands of hours honing your craft grappling with thousands of different opponents. None of this exists in Raw Combat, why I bet I could go right now pay Luke a couple of hundred dollars and get certified as a Raw Combat Instructor. Does this sound like a legitimate fighting system?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/09/2014 1:08am

Style: MMA/BJJ/Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If you needed no further proof Luke has no clue what's he's talking about watch these videos

... You seriously would only have to roll for a week to realize this stuff stupid. This is exactly what I'm talking about when I say Luke teaches some really dumb ****. I could just imagine one of his students getting taken down, someone getting full mount and just beating the piss out of them, or choking then unconscious. I'm sure they're going to be wondering the entire time "why isn't Luke's mount escape working". Luke I know you read this forum please take the time to actually learn Brazilian jujitsu or how to fight on the ground. I know your ego and your body is going to take a beating because people are going to whip your ass but you should do it. Because what you're teaching people is going to get them hurt. The fact that you think that the same principles as stand up fighting transfer over to ground fighting are ridiculous. The things you need to learn when you're grappling are completely different than the things that you need to learn while you're standing up. You would know that if you were an actual fighter. In addition, I see you've brought back your "I train law-enforcement and special operations"crap.

Posted On:
    3/09/2014 3:08am

Style: BJJ, MMA, JJJ

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Seems old mate's empire expansion has hit a few bumps:

http://luke-holloway.com/why-japan/
    Dum spiro, spero.
    Tada gan iarracht.

ORNYTHORINQUE!... BOIT-SANS-SOIF!... BACHI-BOUZOUK!

Posted On:
    3/09/2014 3:11am

supporting member
     Style: Judo, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cmoore48 View Post
    If you needed no further proof Luke has no clue what's he's talking about watch these videos

Your videos aren't showing up unless I hit "reply with quote".

Posted On:
    3/09/2014 3:32am

Style: BJJ, MMA, JJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Cap View Post
    Your videos aren't showing up unless I hit "reply with quote".
    Happens if you're using an iOs device (iPhone, iPad etc.). If you're prepared to do the feb work to patch it I'm sure they'd let you.
    Dum spiro, spero.
    Tada gan iarracht.

Administrator

Posted On:
    3/09/2014 5:14am

staff
     Style: xingyi

Hell yeah! Hell no!

Wow.