Page 24 of 28 FirstFirst ... 142021222324 25262728 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/24/2013 1:08pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Judo

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Chris lives in Maryborough, about a half hour drive from Hervey Bay, Luke's home town. I have not had any contact with him in a few years, so I assume he still resides there with his family. He may be listed in the phone book. Some of the local MA schools will probably know of him, if they don't know him personally.

Valiant Monk of Booze & War

Posted On:
    6/24/2013 3:22pm

supporting memberstaff
     Style: BJJ/C-JKD/KAAALIII!!!!!!!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bogus View Post
    Chris lives in Maryborough, about a half hour drive from Hervey Bay, Luke's home town. I have not had any contact with him in a few years, so I assume he still resides there with his family. He may be listed in the phone book. Some of the local MA schools will probably know of him, if they don't know him personally.
    Thank you.

Any of our Aussie bullies still reviewing this investigation?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/13/2013 3:55pm

Style: Taekwondo/Eskrima

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bogus View Post
    I can attempt to answer the first part of the question. The first part of the video appears to be Luke showing some bastardised, introductory Kuntao Silat, as taught by Chris Hennesy.

Around 0.15 of the video shows one of the stances used for unarmed/kerambit stuff. The attack that follows is unfamiliar to me though. The hand to face, to go for the eyes is familiar, but the series of short stabs are not.

1.00 Shows some trapping move that looks similar to some stuff I was shown...Though the idea to pull someone off balance is to get them on the ground, not keep them on their feet while you stab them.

1.15 Shows some murder stuff. Stab the kidney, cut open the neck. I can't remember that from Silat class...but I seem to recall Chuck Norris explaining it in an 80's movie I watched with Luke once. Delta Force, Missing in Action, or some other forgettable flick. Might have been that Texas Ranger show. Definitely a Chuck Norris feature.

1.30 Is like a 'cloak of thorns' exercise from class. It was a 2 person warm-up/drill where one guy threw soft punches and kicks while the other had to move around in stance and try and intercept the blow with their elbows. Absolutely killed the legs and was a decent warm up for class, but I have no idea how practical it is as a realistic attack form.

1.35 Looks like a game we used to play in class. One guy held a wooden or plastic knife, the other had to get him to drop it without gripping the blade. I think the main purpose of the game as a teaching tool, was how reckless it would be to try and go up against a knife wielding guy while unarmed.

I should point out I know sweet FA about realistic combat. I will confess to having a juvenile appreciation for knife fighting at one time, but my time learning the basics of Kuntao taught me that blades are not for someone of my delicate sensibilities. If I want to play hero and stab some fools, I'll go play Skyrim on my Xbox.
    I was kind of trying to refer to the fact everyone looks like a brazilian soldier or some kind of military police that Holloway seems to be instructing. Were they real military guys and if so how did he get hired to teach his stuff? Wouldnt they know he is not a real operative and is a fake? I was not asking about technique but thanks anyway. Also, Delta Force was NOT a forgettable movie!!!!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/13/2013 4:56pm

Style: Taekwondo/Eskrima

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This is how I think Luke Holloway got certified as a Kru by Master Toddy:

http://www.mastertoddy.com/instructo...cation-course/

He basically runs a program where anyone can get certified as a Kru if you take a 5 day course. So it really was nothing special that he became a kru. Anyone can do it. I could do it if I had money.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/13/2013 11:19pm

Style: BJJ Beginner

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by DerAuslander View Post
    Thank you.

Any of our Aussie bullies still reviewing this investigation?
    I try to keep tabs on the douchnozzle and as mentioned in the thread contact people he is affiliated with eg the web show but I don't get much of a response.

I think the thread captures most of his activity, it's up to people whether they want to make an informed choice. It irks me that he is out there scamming and taking peoples money but not much I can do about that.

Posted On:
    8/27/2013 11:02pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Capoeira, Bjj, Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Like a few others before me, I've just finished reading this thread and felt like I should comment.

I too saw the videos of Luke training what looks to be Brazilian military and police. In one of the videos he states that there is a Judo and a Capoeira instructor also teaching and this reminded me of something. I've been training Capoeira for over 10 years now (among other martial arts) and I recall my Master telling me that he has done seminars for the Police in Brazil and that they get people from various martial arts to come in and do a seminar from time to time. My Master has absolutely no Military, Police or security background what so ever and he has very little experience in any other martial arts besides Capoeira (I know some people my not call Capoeira a martial art but that's beside the point here).

So what I am thinking is that the Brazilian government gets these people in as a kind of "share your knowledge" thing as opposed to "we want you to train our people to perform better." Realistically, there's not too much from Capoeira that's going to be directly helpful to law enforcement on the job, this leads me to believe that these martial arts seminars may be more about team building than they are about actual training. It's like when CEOs over here send office teams to a 3 day military bootcamp, they're not trying to make them into soldiers, they are simply team building.

So my guess would be that Luke has a few friends in Brazil, we know he has a Raw Combat branch in Brazil, and that they organised for him to do some martial arts seminars.

However, everything I wrote was supposition and thoughts based on second hand accounts so really I'm asking if we have any Brazilians here who are familiar with the criteria by which they select people for these seminars in Brazil?

Is Luke actually sought out by the Brazilian government to help train their Police and Military units or is he simply a martial arts guy who comes in for a one or two day seminar like so many others? I think that's an important difference.

Competition Team Tag...yes?

Posted On:
    9/27/2013 8:09pm

supporting member
     Style: FMA, DBMA, MMA

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Everytime I see video on this guy, he reminds me of Sean Bean's character in Ronin. It absolutely crushes my happy vibe that he continues to find work.
    Kuha'o - Kela - Koa

Posted On:
    10/01/2013 1:00pm

Join us... or die
     Style: 血鷲

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by poidog View Post
    Everytime I see video on this guy, he reminds me of Sean Bean's character in Ronin. It absolutely crushes my happy vibe that he continues to find work.
    Any "glass-is-half-full" sort of person will see the upside of this: anyone who loses his job need only put up a "Martial-Arts-Master" shingle. Lots of fresh fish out there, just waiting to be reeled in...

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/07/2014 5:51am

Style: MMA/BJJ/Boxing

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I haven't checked up on Luke in a while because I was busy interning at a Federal Law enforcement agency and finishing my last year at NYU. I wasn't surprised to see that Luke was still a self important douchbag, who's never done anything high speed or really note worthy in his life. However, I was surprised to see that he had toned down or eliminated all the talk of teaching special operations units, military, and law enforcement. From what I can observe it seems like he's staying in his lane and just trying to make a living from his shitty little martial arts system. I still maintain that Raw Combat/ The Australian fighting system is a horrible scam and Luke Holloway is himself a Fraud. However, I do see a marked change in the way Luke is marketing himself and I believe this forum played a part in that.

Nothing for Show, All for use

Posted On:
    1/07/2014 9:42am

Business Class Supporting Membersupporting member
     Dale Dugas Herbs: The Best Chinese Herbs & The Best Jow for the Best Price! Style: Jook Lum South Mantis,

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Toolbag probably was told to tone it down or it could come back to seriously bite him in the ass.

He is just another mouthboxing fraud who markets himself as something that he is not.