3/31/2013 5:29am

staff

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Auszi View Post
    Now he is apparently becoming a Muay Thai Kru

http://luke-holloway.com/becoming-a-muay-thai-kru/

Thanks to the venerable Master Toddy

http://www.mastertoddy.com/instructo...cation-course/

Arrrgh-eeengh-gah. Choking on my own rage here!
    I'll hedge two suggestions here:

1. You'll never see any evidence of Holloway involved in full blown fights against an opponent willing to punch/elbow/kick his lights out.

2. You will see a plethora of videos of Holloway pontificating about Muay Thai and demonstrating against compliant partners.

Time will tell.
    "To sin by silence when one should protest makes cowards out of men".

~Ella Wheeler

Watch and Shoot !

Posted On:
    3/31/2013 5:32am

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Cross-referencing another thread which has some bearing on the Muay Thai angle

http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=120345
    "To sin by silence when one should protest makes cowards out of men".

~Ella Wheeler

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/21/2013 6:44pm

Style: Judo/BJJ

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Sorry to necro but has anything happened with this douche?

Oh yeah and a noob....sorry...

:)

Posted On:
    5/21/2013 7:24pm

supporting member
     Style: Ex-Tiger KF, ex-SanDa

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.HoneyBadger View Post
    Sorry to necro but has anything happened with this douche?

Oh yeah and a noob....sorry...
    Welcome to Bullshido, Mr.HoneyBadger.

No shame in being a no0b, but MABS investigation threads are generally heavily moderated for relevant content. Had something happened, most likely it would have been posted (or you can search online and update also).

Chat posts are generally discouraged in this part of the site. No big thing, but consider reading the "Stickies", which are rules threads with **READ ME** and your user name next to them, in the list of threads in each forum.

Enjoy posthood on the GREATEST SITE ON THE INTERNETS.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/31/2013 9:29pm

Style: Taekwondo/Eskrima

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Sorry if posting this is necroing a thread or bringing up an already discussed topic, but I have been looking up culture, travel and martial arts videos recently and found out about this Holloway guy a few months ago. I found this video where he is training what appears to be Brazilian soldiers or something: this video was in 2012.

Can someone explain what this actually is and what is going on here? If they are real soldiers how did they overlook his false/inflated credentials?

Another video:

Posted to youtube this year in March shows him with the famous Green Ranger (Jason David Frank) who became an MMA fighter (and is also a 7th dan in some hollywood karate style called Red Dragon Karate by none other than the guy who played Scorpion in Mortal Kombat the movie) and also studies Muay Thai under Master Toddy. Luke Holloway requests all of JDF's training history and who he trained under and what styles, yet Holloway still has never provided his past teachers and associations.

Why are well known people whether it be celebrity martial artists who did MMA or Thai instructors of Muay Thai associating with this guy and giving him a form of legitimacy? Are they so clueless? Jason David Frank even says his knife stuff is amazing, "and it works."

Ok sorry for posting stuff you all probably already know about. I just thought it would be interesting to explain the military look of the first video and explain how he got these guys to take classes from him, and also discuss the green ranger video for comedy purposes as well as maybe explain who Master Toddy is and why he is blessing him as a Kru.
    Last edited by Andrew WA; 5/31/2013 9:33pm at .

Posted On:
    6/05/2013 7:32am

Bullshido Newbie

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hey guys! Just joined, had to after discovering this place and this thread!

I am so happy to have found this thread about this fraudulent douchebag.

In his videos he tries to make Japan out to be a dangerous place, which I can only guess makes him an extra tough badass for living, "working" and teaching the Japanese how to defend themselves in their own dangerous cesspool of violence!

In reality Japan is the safest place I have ever known, and I actually felt more vulnerable when I returned back to my country that I usually felt safe in, just because of how safe Japan is. But this guy wants to make it out to be a Takashi Miike movie.

As already discussed, the best evidence against his claims are his own sloppy and nonsensical techniques displayed in his videos.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/24/2013 5:25am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew WA View Post
    Can someone explain what this actually is and what is going on here? If they are real soldiers how did they overlook his false/inflated credentials?
    I can attempt to answer the first part of the question. The first part of the video appears to be Luke showing some bastardised, introductory Kuntao Silat, as taught by Chris Hennesy.

Around 0.15 of the video shows one of the stances used for unarmed/kerambit stuff. The attack that follows is unfamiliar to me though. The hand to face, to go for the eyes is familiar, but the series of short stabs are not.

1.00 Shows some trapping move that looks similar to some stuff I was shown...Though the idea to pull someone off balance is to get them on the ground, not keep them on their feet while you stab them.

1.15 Shows some murder stuff. Stab the kidney, cut open the neck. I can't remember that from Silat class...but I seem to recall Chuck Norris explaining it in an 80's movie I watched with Luke once. Delta Force, Missing in Action, or some other forgettable flick. Might have been that Texas Ranger show. Definitely a Chuck Norris feature.

1.30 Is like a 'cloak of thorns' exercise from class. It was a 2 person warm-up/drill where one guy threw soft punches and kicks while the other had to move around in stance and try and intercept the blow with their elbows. Absolutely killed the legs and was a decent warm up for class, but I have no idea how practical it is as a realistic attack form.

1.35 Looks like a game we used to play in class. One guy held a wooden or plastic knife, the other had to get him to drop it without gripping the blade. I think the main purpose of the game as a teaching tool, was how reckless it would be to try and go up against a knife wielding guy while unarmed.

I should point out I know sweet FA about realistic combat. I will confess to having a juvenile appreciation for knife fighting at one time, but my time learning the basics of Kuntao taught me that blades are not for someone of my delicate sensibilities. If I want to play hero and stab some fools, I'll go play Skyrim on my Xbox.

Valiant Monk of Booze & War

Posted On:
    6/24/2013 7:34am

supporting memberstaff
     Style: BJJ/C-JKD/KAAALIII!!!!!!!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bogus View Post
    I can attempt to answer the first part of the question. The first part of the video appears to be Luke showing some bastardised, introductory Kuntao Silat, as taught by Chris Hennesy.

Around 0.15 of the video shows one of the stances used for unarmed/kerambit stuff. The attack that follows is unfamiliar to me though. The hand to face, to go for the eyes is familiar, but the series of short stabs are not.

1.00 Shows some trapping move that looks similar to some stuff I was shown...Though the idea to pull someone off balance is to get them on the ground, not keep them on their feet while you stab them.

1.15 Shows some murder stuff. Stab the kidney, cut open the neck. I can't remember that from Silat class...but I seem to recall Chuck Norris explaining it in an 80's movie I watched with Luke once. Delta Force, Missing in Action, or some other forgettable flick. Might have been that Texas Ranger show. Definitely a Chuck Norris feature.

1.30 Is like a 'cloak of thorns' exercise from class. It was a 2 person warm-up/drill where one guy threw soft punches and kicks while the other had to move around in stance and try and intercept the blow with their elbows. Absolutely killed the legs and was a decent warm up for class, but I have no idea how practical it is as a realistic attack form.

1.35 Looks like a game we used to play in class. One guy held a wooden or plastic knife, the other had to get him to drop it without gripping the blade. I think the main purpose of the game as a teaching tool, was how reckless it would be to try and go up against a knife wielding guy while unarmed.

I should point out I know sweet FA about realistic combat. I will confess to having a juvenile appreciation for knife fighting at one time, but my time learning the basics of Kuntao taught me that blades are not for someone of my delicate sensibilities. If I want to play hero and stab some fools, I'll go play Skyrim on my Xbox.
    Did you train with Chris Hennesy alongside Luke Holloway?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/24/2013 12:45pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Judo

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I trained as a student in Luke's Zhen Dao Wushu school for some time. Once I left, I trained with Chris for a while. A small number of Luke's former students would drop in from time to time.

I never trained with Chris at the same time as Luke. Luke had made efforts to keep any of his students from having anything to do with Chris. While I was at Luke's school, we had to refer to Chris as Si Gong. Chris had no formal affiliation with Luke's school, to my knowledge.

Chris did not run a formal school when I was learning from him. It was simply backyard training that other people were welcome to join. I suspect him to be the primary source for Luke's traditional MA 'training' in Silat, Taiji Juan * and Tong Long**

Chris is a nice guy. What you see is what you get with him. I would hate to see him tarred with the same brush as Luke.

*Yang family, Chen Man Ching
    ** Su brothers

Valiant Monk of Booze & War

Posted On:
    6/24/2013 12:49pm

supporting memberstaff
     Style: BJJ/C-JKD/KAAALIII!!!!!!!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bogus View Post
    I trained as a student in Luke's Zhen Dao Wushu school for some time. Once I left, I trained with Chris for a while. A small number of Luke's former students would drop in from time to time.

I never trained with Chris at the same time as Luke. Luke had made efforts to keep any of his students from having anything to do with Chris. While I was at Luke's school, we had to refer to Chris as Si Gong. Chris had no formal affiliation with Luke's school, to my knowledge.

Chris did not run a formal school when I was learning from him. It was simply backyard training that other people were welcome to join. I suspect him to be the primary source for Luke's traditional MA 'training' in Silat, Taiji Juan * and Tong Long**

Chris is a nice guy. What you see is what you get with him. I would hate to see him tarred with the same brush as Luke.

*Yang family, Chen Man Ching
    ** Su brothers
    One of the many criticisms of Luke Holloway is that he never gives credit to any of his martial arts instructors, other than his lion dance instructor. That definitely makes me think that you're right, Chris Hennesy is a nice guy and Luke is probably running with whatever little he learned from Chris.

Do you know where Chris Hennesy currently teaches?
Page 23 of 30 FirstFirst ... 131920212223 24252627 ... LastLast