Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Valiant Monk of Booze & War

Posted On:
    2/01/2013 8:12am

supporting memberstaff
     Style: BJJ/C-JKD/KAAALIII!!!!!!!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thank you for your contributions, Dankenny.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/01/2013 5:46pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Dankenny, do you have any first hand experience with Luke or are you relying entirely on the insights of your military and police acquaintances?

Watch and Shoot !

Posted On:
    2/01/2013 6:08pm

staff

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I understand Holloway has established some form of foothold in the UK, not sure if this a recent thing or, if he's had students here for a while, I'm going to throw him an email and see if he's be prepared to meet and let me interview him, give him an opportunity to balance out the negative press he's had in this thread.

Let's see what happens.
    "To sin by silence when one should protest makes cowards out of men".

~Ella Wheeler

Watch and Shoot !

Posted On:
    2/01/2013 6:21pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

~Ella Wheeler

Welterweight

Posted On:
    2/01/2013 7:30pm

supporting member
     Style: Taiji/Hsingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Here's the link to RawCombatUK:

http://www.raw-combat-uk.com/the-system.php

Had hoped we'd be safe from him here..

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/02/2013 3:27am

Style: BJJ Beginner

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It seems he has removed the Australian Defence Force copyrighted material from his site

He now has an abortion of a TV Show on Loaded TV which seems to be connected to Loaded the magazine in the UK

http://loaded.tv/KEEP-IT-RAW

I have contacted Keith Bishop, the Media Manager on the Loaded site, asking him to view the thread but have received no reply.

If I could ask others to get in contact with Keith as well and KINDLY ask Keith to come and see the thread we might be able to get him to respond.

Keith Bishop
    47 Dean Street
    London W1D 5BE

+44(0) 207 734 9995

info@keithbishopassociates.com

Maybe these guys from the magazine would be interested too. They should be exposing these frauds as an article of interest.

Ian Edmondson
    Editor
    Email: Ian@loaded.co.uk

Matt Drake
    Deputy Editor
    Email: Matt@loaded.co.uk

Ben Duffy
    Features Editor
    Email: Ben@loaded.co.uk

Adam Thorn
    Staff Writer
    Email: Adam@loaded.co.uk

When I write to people off site, I try to warn them beforehand of the sometimes caustic nature of the dialog here but that its well intentioned.

Watch and Shoot !

Posted On:
    2/02/2013 4:41am

staff

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    What I just don't get is that he'll certify and "officially recognise" instructors of the Raw System in JUST ONE WEEK !

http://www.raw-combat-uk.com/become-...bat-branch.php

And charge those individuals over 300 for that privileged.

Due to his incredibly busy schedule in 2012 for now he will only be in the U.K. for one week in July (2012) to give an instructor certification program for trainees and those who wish to open an official branch.

If you are looking to become qualified in the method of Raw Combat you can take part in the online training to begin with, however your assessment will be in 'real life' with Mr. Holloway himself as stated before. For more details, see the 'Certification Program' page.
    Are these people so fucking clueless ?

~Ella Wheeler

Posted On:
    2/02/2013 11:24pm

Bullshido Newbie

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Dougguod, I have had no first hand dealings with Luke. All my information comes from an extensive network of both military and police contacts.

I have thought of a few additional points that I neglected to mention before -

The Australian Defense Force has a formal defensive tactics curriculum. For example the Army has MSD (Military Self Defense) and the Royal Australian Air Force has OSST (Operational Skills Safety Training). They have an established curriculum and the instructors are trained in house.

To work as a licensed security officer in Australia you need to be at least 18 years of age. So given that Luke is only 26 the maximum time he could have been undertaking work in security is 8 years to date. As you are all aware he reinvented himself from Tai Chi master to Tactical guru around 2009 so at that time he would have had at most 4 years security industry experience and been 22. Hardly someone who would be sought out for advice and guidance from experienced professionals.

Sometimes private companies are contracted to government agencies in Australia to update their operational curriculum. There is one for example that has provided training to Australian Customs, Queensland Police, one Australian Army unit and has also provided training on contract in the MEAO. That company has literally no web presence (not even a web page) and relies solely on reputation and word of mouth. The qualifications of the curriculum staff include 1 x PhD in Education, 2 x Masters of Education and 1 x Bachelor of Psychology, military operational service in Vietnam and Rhodesia, PMC work in Iraq. Average operational service of former military staff is 40 years, average operational service of former police staff is 30 years. Unlike Holloway the backgrounds of all staff are verifiable and they are able to provide documentation to validate their credentials. I have left out the name of this company because this was not intended as a plug for them (and no, I am not a member of said company) but was an attempt to demonstrate the kind of background it takes to actually be considered to train government agencies in Australia. I have spoken to one of the members of this company about Holloway and he said it best "I spent more time on leave in the Army than he has spent buying his mediocre qualifications"

As someone mentioned earlier it should be a major red flag if someone says the reason they can't verify anything is because it was so top secret because all military service in Australia, New Zealand and the United States is 100% verifiable. As I am sure Rock Ape can attest to, you get a certificate for basically every course you undertake in the military or at least a course report.

I am going to forward correspondence to Australian and New Zealand Military Imposters which exposes Australian and New Zealand military frauds. As he has never explicitly stated he is in the military it may not be their cup of tea but I figured it may be worth a try given his liberal use of the rising sun badge. I will let you know how it goes.

Watch and Shoot !

Posted On:
    2/16/2013 9:41am

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Last edited by Rock Ape; 2/23/2013 11:46am at .

~Ella Wheeler

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/30/2013 11:42pm

Style: BJJ Beginner

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Now he is apparently becoming a Muay Thai Kru

http://luke-holloway.com/becoming-a-muay-thai-kru/

Thanks to the venerable Master Toddy

http://www.mastertoddy.com/instructo...cation-course/

Arrrgh-eeengh-gah. Choking on my own rage here!
Page 22 of 29 FirstFirst ... 121819202122 23242526 ... LastLast