Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/11/2012 6:12pm

Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by George Jetson View Post

4. Finally, I have scoured over many websites and the like. Yet, I don't see or have hear of LH's himself or group going to internationally sponsored events to demostrate his skills. I would like to see him action with actual SF or Swat Operators. Test his skills on the best the world have to offer.
    The problem is that this ass hat knows enough stupid **** to train people the wrong way. REAL "operators" would not want to expose him to serious tactical training or serious SWAT oriented anything, so that he can't bastardize what he learned from them and further smear our name (which is only smeared because of people like ol' Luke and fat Ralph). Luke wants money and as long as he can make flashy movements and wrap up his techniques in a pretty bow, there will be trigger happy administrators who will hire his dumbass.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/12/2012 1:44am

Style: SL5,MT, BJJ noob,Chow Gar

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Auszi View Post
    I have emailed them a few times already. If other people have time, they should email as well, that way it will carry more weight.
    Ditto - An Army Major's on it. Provided several links where the rising sun logo still appears. Just keep an on that LH twat and keep the pressure on.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/01/2012 9:26am

Style: MMA/BJJ/Boxing

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fb...type=1&theater

Firstly, I guess the UFC gym in Torrance CA will let anyone come and give a seminar.
    Secondly, Luke always seems to try to bash MMA, but he's real quick to try to attach himself to any MMA gym ( just as long as the real fighters aren't around to call him out). Thirdly, The second day of training "LEO AND MILITARY ONLY!" makes no sense for two reasons. One in a room full of law enforcement officers and Military service men, Luke would be the only one in the room with Zero experience in the field and not a member of any agency. So by his own parameters Luke wouldn't be able to attend his own seminar.....

Finally, all the stuff he's going over in the Leo and Military training day

SEP 9th: LEO & MILITARY ONLY!
    Risk Management & Officer Safety
    Patrol Ready Vs Combat Ready
    Team Work & Communications
    Tactical Combative Tools
    Making Combative Tools fit with SOPs/ Reasonable Use of Force
    Force on Force Concepts
    Dealing with Non-Compliance

Restraint & Removal
    Searching & Arresting

Weapon Retention & Positioning Skills
    Tactical Transitions

Edged Weapon Threat Management

Off Duty Concealed Carry Tactics

TACTICAL SIMULATION TRAINING

COST $ 70

YOU LEARN ALL THIS STUFF (AND MORE) IN THE POLICE ACADEMY OR IN MILITARY TRAINING! Why would you ever pay Luke to reteach you things you already know?
    http://www.facebook.com/events/458705277480635/

Valiant Monk of Booze & War

Posted On:
    8/01/2012 10:30am

supporting memberstaff
     Style: BJJ/C-JKD/KAAALIII!!!!!!!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    At least he's dropped his prices.

He's done the same with a BJJ school out here.

Posted On:
    8/01/2012 10:31am

supporting memberstaff

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    He's already demonstrated he has no idea about use of force parameters on video.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/02/2012 8:19am

Style: BJJ Beginner

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Has anyone tried to contact the gym, make them aware?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/10/2012 7:39am

Style: MMA/BJJ/Boxing

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Luke calls the Bulls Haters?

Honestly, Luke is the equivalent of an MA snake oil sales men, with add delusions of grandeur. All the guy does is talk, talk, and more talk. Anyone who doesn't agree with him is a "Hater", a“Troll", or whatever pop culture cliché term Luke can think up. When someone calls another person a "Hater" or some other bullshit term that basically means-

"I cannot articulate any sort of reasonable or logical retort to your criticism, so I'm basically going to say your dislike for me and what I'm doing stems from status envy and jealousy.”

Personally, I don't think anyone is really jealous of Luke. Firstly, he travels around and give seminars, but it's not like the guy makes real money. Secondly, look at the people who attend his seminar's their your “Average Joe” or “Weekend Warrior” types. Sure Luke claims to teach military and Police, but I nor anyone I know gives this guy the time of day to do anything other than make fun of him. Thirdly, Luke is not a fighter, a LEO, member of the military, or a high level security operator ( no matter how many BDU's he puts on or who he try's to cling on to) and he knows this and it makes him insecure. Finally, Luke is more about the “ABOUT” part of training and MA. I mean just look at his Facebook page Luke takes pictures, video and brag’s about every training session. He is that guy (we all know the one I'm talking about) the one who comes to the gym in a bunch of Tapout gear, who doesn't wanna go hard, who basically just trains so he can tell people he trains. Don't get me wrong those guys can be annoying, but there is nothing really terrible about them, they just wanna be a part of something. That is one of the best parts about MMA when you join a gym, once everyone learns your a stand up guy, you become a part of a community. Luke's out there trying to be a celebrity, make money, and ride this till the wheels fall off, Luke is going to be a comical character in 8 years. I think the people on here comment about Luke not because their jealous, threatened, or have status envy. They comment because the guy is an annoying Poser, who tried to insinuate that he has been contracted but the U.S Military and Federal Law Enforcement to teach them Raw Combat. In addition, what he teaches is useless. The guy need to step away from himself a little and realize there is a lot of valid criticism that he should address.

Posted On:
    8/10/2012 10:11am

supporting memberstaff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Homeskillet Luke has not been contracted by the US military or federal law enforcement. That is easily discoverable.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/27/2012 7:09am

Style: BJJ Beginner

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Here is a German site where they are inquiring about Luke Holloway:

http://www.kampfkunst-board.info/for...lloway-147987/

If any of our German speaking members would like to post this thread.

Posted On:
    2/01/2013 7:59am

Bullshido Newbie

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I have been an avid reader of the forum for several years but this is the first time I have felt compelled to contribute. I realise this is an old thread with a long history but I have the following information to offer -

Luke Holloway is currently 26 years old. In 2010 he claimed to have over a decade of security and law enforcement experience which, were his claims true, mean he started working in the industry aged 13.

He does not currently, nor has he previously provided any formal training to any element of the Australian Defence Force. There are civilians who have been contracted at various times by elements of the ADF to provide training. For example, Blue Curran has provided training at the School of Infantry and to the 1st Commando Regiment and his association with these units is well known. It should be noted that Blue is a former serving soldier.

He has not previously, nor does he currently provide any formal training to any Australian police agency. Many Australian police agencies do employ civilian staff to assist sworn police in the delivery of training but these civilian staff are employed full time by their respective agencies. All training is competency based and follows a set curriculum regardless if something different may be more effective.

It was alluded to in an earlier post that he had tried to join the Australian Federal Police but was unsuccessful. I am aware that in 2011 he also tried, unsuccessfully, to join the Queensland Police. This speaks volumes as to both his actual experience and credibility.

I agree with many of the statements made here in relation to the quality of both his teachings and his instructional methods. My two cents worth in relation to this

Ground escapes - he doesn't trap the foot which in the videos appears very effective (when used against people who are just limp training aids). Any one with half an idea would just post out and be able to maintain the mount position.

63 hours of instruction to achieve multiple NRA Instructor certifications in various weapons platforms. This is less time than many police recruits doing a basic user course for one weapons system. Hardly makes you an expert.

In one of his bodyguard videos he is drilling "guiding a principal through a crowd" he keeps touching the principal which as any professional would tell you is a big no no.

It has already been mentioned in relation to magazine carriage.

In his low light shooting video apart from not knowing his degree of weapon readiness and snatching the hell out of the first shot, he fires with no light source after giving verbal commands to drop the weapon. How does he know the offender hasn't complied and the use of lethal force is no longer justified.

In his hilight reel he is barricading on right sight with his right knee out. This increases the risk of femoral artery hits.

In another one of his shooting videos his draw and presentation is slow as are his shots. His weapon handling skills are so sub par as to be almost laughable. At one point after a reload he presents the weapon back out with the slide still locked to the rear for ef sakes.

I have shown his videos to a number of people from military and police backgrounds in Australia without giving them any background information on Luke. All were practically wiping away tears of laughter at how amateurish he is. The reality is that he is a fantasist selling fantasy to other fantasists. No professional in their right mind would pay for anything he has to offer. I think Rock Ape said it best. Walter Mitty of the highest order. If he is able to provide for his family providing his brand of training to people with no idea (and judging by the youtube comments on his videos there are plenty of them) then good luck to him. Someone else said it earlier - buyer beware. I am reminded of the old saying "a little bit of knowledge is a dangerous thing"
Page 21 of 29 FirstFirst ... 111718192021 22232425 ... LastLast