Page 20 of 29 FirstFirst ... 101617181920 21222324 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/02/2012 12:22am

Style: BJJ Beginner

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Finally got round to following up with Luke's/Raw Combats use of the Rising Sun Logo:

I brought this to the attention of the Australian Army Brand Management team, and this constitutes illegal and unauthorized use of the logo.

They are very protective of the Rising Sun Logo, and what it stands for, and as a blanket rule will not use it to endorse any
    business venture.

If you do seeing it being used, you can contact the Army brand manager directly on this page under 'Service Logos/ Badges/ Flags/ Ensign'

http://www.defence.gov.au/footer/contacts.htm

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/03/2012 9:27am

Style: MMA/BJJ/Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well he was useing the rising sun alot. They must have sent him something telling him to take it down. I saw he's went back and changed the titles to alot of his youtube vids. From "speacil forces knife fighting" to various other titles such as " street fighting" and "dirty fighting". Further proving in spite of his silence and calling people on this forum "keyboard warriors" he does give in to the pressure.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/25/2012 3:29am

Style: Koryu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Luke's FB page. https://www.facebook.com/pages/Luke-...57236737656525

I've got a new profile pic for him.....it's a parody and Fair Use applies....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	425196_311571548889709_157236737656525_889600_2119462615_n.jpg 
Views:	262 
Size:	36.2 KB 
ID:	13071  

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/25/2012 6:09am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Not all...
    http://youtu.be/acPYDidxlLc
    It's still on a lot of his videos.

Quote Originally Posted by Auszi View Post
    Finally got round to following up with Luke's/Raw Combats use of the Rising Sun Logo:

I brought this to the attention of the Australian Army Brand Management team, and this constitutes illegal and unauthorized use of the logo.

They are very protective of the Rising Sun Logo, and what it stands for, and as a blanket rule will not use it to endorse any
    business venture.

If you do seeing it being used, you can contact the Army brand manager directly on this page under 'Service Logos/ Badges/ Flags/ Ensign'

http://www.defence.gov.au/footer/contacts.htm

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/25/2012 6:48am

Style: BJJ Beginner

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by mekugi View Post
    Not all...
    http://youtu.be/acPYDidxlLc
    It's still on a lot of his videos.
    I have emailed them a few times already. If other people have time, they should email as well, that way it will carry more weight.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/25/2012 7:29am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Auszi View Post
    I have emailed them a few times already. If other people have time, they should email as well, that way it will carry more weight.
    Done.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/25/2012 11:01pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I dunno if this "10 Question" interview was posted:
    http://combativecorner.wordpress.com...luke-holloway/

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/01/2012 8:15am

Style: MMA/BJJ/Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ok I saw this post and felt it was A) A perfect example of just how far out there Luke and his supporters are and B) Really just funny as ****.

This guy Ashraf Soliman ( http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=580075462 )posted this on LH's facebook page.
    "my name is ashraf soliman senior instructor in the egyptian special forces (seal team 4)(contractor) and inventor of soliman combat systems ur way is one of the most effecient way in real situations ur stuff is real and to the core hope to drill one day with u mate"

Soliman combat systems (http://www.facebook.com/pages/Solima...69283759783082 )

To which Luke (not to be out done in this bullshitting contest) replied.
    "thank you for reaching out brother. I was invited to Egypt last year with some contracted work also. Hopefully our paths do cross soon :-)"

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/03/2012 11:08am

Style: BJJ, Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Interesting how he no longer uses "Sugiyama-Holloway" as his surname; wonder if he split from his wife

Posted On:
    5/08/2012 1:20am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Hide

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    While I am no expert, master, or nor even studied tatical training in any form. However, I have watched his videos and read his interview on the Kombatives Corner website. It left me wondering how he can in fact claim to be a teacher in anyway.

The reasons I say this is due to

1. How can one who says that he has studied the Arts all his life bash the ancients and the philosphies by saying they meaningless to read or study. Such books include Bushido, Henji, Geiiji, Hagakure, The Book of Five Rings, and Sun Tzu; the base for most Martial Artists. According to Master Tanaka Fumon, these books are needed to understand the basics of the arts and the history of the evolution of man's mind. Without proper mindset and the history of such things. His students could mindlessly beat the hell out of the average joe and potentially mame or worse, kill them due to lack of proper reasoning or control.

2. While, his videos are some what intuitive. In my opinion they lack sense or reason. I say this because videos and instruction are end game. Now, most teachers who run a class or seminar usually outline the class before beginning. I see none of this in his videos.

3. Why the censorship? It isn't like he's He-Man with the power of the universe at his beck and call. Sorry, Mr. Holloway but it seems to be self-destructive and creates issues among the general populas.

4. Finally, I have scoured over many websites and the like. Yet, I don't see or have hear of LH's himself or group going to internationally sponsored events to demostrate his skills. I would like to see him action with actual SF or Swat Operators. Test his skills on the best the world have to offer.

5. If Mr. Holloway is that good. Then why the need for censorship? What he has done and is doing is the same as others in a different costume.

Now, that I spoke my mind. Rock Ape, how do we e-mail each other. I tried the suggestions posted but to no avail. Please advise sir. Thank you.
Page 20 of 29 FirstFirst ... 101617181920 21222324 ... LastLast