Page 19 of 30 FirstFirst ... 91516171819 2021222329 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/19/2011 11:13pm

Style: MMA/BJJ/Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I like how the thread puts up a vid and Holloway takes the vid off his account. Also I'm trying to understand the logic behind this instructor certification stuff. It just seems like you show up, pay luke money, play around for a couple days, and then your a "certified instructor" for RAW COMBAT? I mean how great is this system if someone can learn it in a couple days?

Administrator

Posted On:
    12/19/2011 11:15pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You read my post with the explanation right? It is about money and collection. People ALL OVER THE WORLD, not just America, are lazy. Why waste time training for years when you can pay money and get it in a day?

Most people do not check.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/19/2011 11:41pm

Style: MMA/BJJ/Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well you make a good point. I know but take a look at the vid's and all these "instructors" are doing is hitting pads. I don't even see any live grappling. I don't think it takes a genius to figure out that training like this is not effective. Also I can see why Luke is drawn to all this tactical shooting stuff it's a lazy mans way to feel like a badass. I mean shooting is a skill, but the odds of someone challenging you to a gun fight are nonexistent. I mean think about it when is luke likely to have to use his firearms skills?
    Last edited by Cmoore48; 12/19/2011 11:42pm at . Reason: grammar

Watch and Shoot !

Posted On:
    12/20/2011 12:01am

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    He's cashing in on a fad. Nothing more than that and while people are willing to pay for some punk to teach them something he only learned a short while ago himself, whilst alluding to being a operator, well, let them delude themselves into a false sense of security.

In my opinion, he's scratching at trying to make Raw Combat as a business legitimate by offering "tactical" fire arms training. The only thing "tactical" about it are the weapons themselves because, as we know, Holloway has zero LEO or Military experience on which to base his training.

This is very much a buyer beware situation because like everything in life it's not what you know but how you apply it which counts.

The simplest way to trip Holloway up is to ask... "why is that [whatever he's doing] done that way" or "can you explain to me how that method of doing [whatever] was developed"

If you were to attend a dynamic handgun or rifle course conducted say, by Magpul, the answers you'd get to those questions would be based on real world tactical experiences and not, purely the regurgitations of someone else's experiences. which is what you'd get from Holloway.

Let me give you another example.

The course I undertook which qualifed me to teach minor tactics and section level weapons etc was a total of 12 weeks continuous training - teaching in one form or another, every day.

Some of those drills have since changed because of the lessons being learned in todays combative theatre. Holloway is entirely disconnected from that because he's learning civilian methodology and passing himself off as an "operator" teaching "tactical" skills.

There's very few tactics involved in shooting on a static 30 meter range with, say a rifle, which is capable of accurate deliberate fire out to 400mtrs and beyond.

Now, if Holloway produced a video of him achieving, at the very least, a 10cm grouping at 400mtrs in the prone unsupported position, using 5 rounds for check zero, then no more than five additional round for the grouping, then I could see he understood the principles of marksmanship to a reasonable degree.
    Last edited by Rock Ape; 12/20/2011 12:25am at .
    "To sin by silence when one should protest makes cowards out of men".

~Ella Wheeler

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/28/2011 12:10am

Style: BJJ Beginner

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Luke Holloway is affiliated with a number of other trainers around the world.

This is one of the main websites with links to, I think, all the affiliates globally.

http://www.raw-combat.com/

On the representatives page are the contacts.

http://www.raw-combat.com/aboutraw/representatives

I sent an email out to all, asking them to comment, I have attempted to give them the benefit of the doubt, and asked that if they have information that could assist either way could they come here and comment. Email below.

(It has been about 2 weeks, I tried to give them enough time to reply)

To whom it may concern,

Some serious questions have been raised regarding Luke Holloway and his credentials as a trainer.

We are aware of the charity work that is done through your respective organisations and that sometimes even a member of an organisation may not be aware of the full situation, that is why any information that you can contribute that can help us clear up this matter, it must be stressed, will be greatly appreciated either way.

Please understand we do not take these accusations lightly, and if it can be shown that the claims against Luke Holloway are erroneous it will gladly be made clear but we ask for facts, not opinions, you must be able to back up any claim made with evidence.

Many individuals on the board who have commented are professionals in their own right and willing to show proof of their qualifications. When reading the comments please try and keep emotion out of it and assess each claim on its own merits, this will be difficult. It may not appear so initially but everyone who comments on the investigation threads is held to the same standards. Nobody wins when people lose control.

The link to the thread is here:

http://www.bullshido.net/forums/show...=101789&page=1

Thank you for your time.
    I am really treading carefully here, I am fully aware of their charity work and don't want to go on a witch hunt if they too have been deceived.

All names and emails are publicly available on the website.

This was the first response from Thomas Lynch of LA

(1) Who are you? A law firm? If so, please provide your name as well as your firm's name?

(2) How did you get my email?

(3) What are you expecting to do with additional information?

Thomas
    My response:

Not a law firm, just passing information on.

Your email was listed on the rawcombat website. http://www.raw-combat.com/aboutraw/representatives.

Any information that can be used to clear Luke's name or support the claims against will be used on the forum.

http://www.bullshido.net/forums/show...=101789&page=1

Please, don't send information here. If you can read the above thread and you think you have something valuable to offer, post there. I cant do anything with it here.
    Last edited by Auszi; 12/28/2011 12:29am at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/28/2011 12:28am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    My second response from Raw Combat Spain: His name is not on the website so I won't publish it yet. If Mods can advise me re procedure here.

Hi,

I read the threads you send me and I belive I have to answer you to erase any misunderstanding

Excuse about my bad english.

First at all I really appreciate if you don't publish or refer this content for two reasons, lets see how serious you are:

1: Its about Mr Luke Holloway and he is the one who have to answer propertly, not us

2: You are the ones who made the accusations so as far as I now you are the ones who have to prove it with more proof than "aparent silence" on the others or asking us.

Menawhile all we have to be carefull becouse all you are accusing not only relating to Luke, also could unbalance the fighting for lives soupport,would not be that way or be fair, but you know that it will.

So:

Once I recived the mail and read it I send it to Luke, also this answer becouse I belive he is the rigth one.

Seems that your mailing want to put us a distrust sparkle more than collect info and I dont like at all..as I told you once all this is finished we made the decision we want untill that you are asking at the wrong ones.

As seems its all about credentials I give to you us before say anything more:

HOMOLOGADAS POR EL CONSEJO SUPERIOR DE DEPORTES
    - Cinturón negro 3er DAN de Tae Kwon Do. Entrenador Regional. Árbitro Nacional.
    - Cinturón negro 1er DAN de Defensa Personal Policial. Monitor.
    - Cinturón negro 1er DAN de Defensa Personal Femenina.
    - Cinturón negro 1er DAN de Sambo Defensa Personal.
    - Cinturón negro 1er DAN de Hapkido.

TITULACIONES POR FEDERACIONES O ASOCIACIONES TERRITORIALES
    - Cinturón negro 1er DAN de Samdo. Técnico.

I prefer not translate them for misunderstandings with my bad english.

We made the Instructors courses on Belgium and we were really enjoy it, we where people from diferent profiles some were special forces and some who, I can tell you, they have to know real how to fight on streets becouse of his jobs require (I'm not gonna give you names for the same 2 reason I mentioned before and becouse I guess you send the email to everyone on raw combat so let they answer)

We where involved on martial arts more than 20 years and we prove a really bunch of diferent disciplines (kendo, kempo, krav maga, a long etc...) even if we dont have credentials about them, its normal when you are involve in it.

We like Luke's techniques and yes, may be there some things you can make different ( I never train a martial art who have ALL effective in ALL the scenarios, belive that is a wrong assumption) but I can tell you that he REALLY know how to teach, motivate and give the structure of a class a method and a sense of what is teaching you, like it or not, believe it to be effective or not. and as far as I know this is all about.

It is also noteworthy, at least I know the respect he has for the other disciplines and he not believe that he is teaching of "the ultimate system", and if you really are in the martial arts world, which I have no doubt that, you know that this attitude is VERY difficult to find, at least in Spain. ("mine its the best others sucks!" wrong but normal attitude from "masters" even students)

Also tell you that at least that he wasn't focus or concern on take money from us for the trainings, as a lot of "masters" from others disciplines like to do and also i REALLY apreciate.

I have no idea if the allegations are true or not but today the teaching method seems effective our students like it and will continue using on regular clases

Please don't continue writting us and contact with the one you have to.

attentively

Raw Combat Spain
    My reply:

Thank you for replying,

I appreciate English is not your first language.

I have covered some of the points you raised below, but do not feel obliged to respond. I will not contact you further.

Despite what you may think, the people asking questions, want the truth, whether good or bad. You people are in the best position to provide your side it.

All the best.

Just to be clear Luke has been notified by others previously and chose not to respond.

The Charity and Martial arts are not dependent on each other, I personally appreciate that at heart you are good people, though some would suggest that the charity could be used to add legitimacy to a questionable situation. The real test would be if the charity work survives regardless of the outcome of the martial arts issue.

In regards to 'proving it' I feel that the people have provided proof, if if you feel they have not, you can request that they do so on the forum. If they fail to provide proof their claims will be removed.
    I don't think these people understand that if they perceive they are legitimate, they need to honestly appraise the information about Holloway. There is such thing as guilt by association, and he will drag them down.

As I already stated to the guy in the email, Luke Holloway is aware and unwilling to comment.

I have highlighted what I think stands out. Raw Combat Spain's qualifications are one area, what gave me pause was the Sambo, I would think someone with that background would be able to see past the bullshit but I have a sneaking suspicion that it is a short course qualification. If someone could follow that up as I don't speak Spanish and have no experience with Sambo.
    Last edited by Auszi; 12/28/2011 12:48am at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/28/2011 12:47am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Here is Raw Combat Spain's youtube channel

http://www.youtube.com/user/rawcombatspain/feed

And then there is this guy

http://www.fightingforlives.com/pb/w..._a25e2fc9.html

Youtube

http://www.youtube.com/user/shantanou

His name is Parvez Alam he seems to be one of the major organizers of Raw Combat. I am not in a position to comment on his skills. If someone can take a look and comment. If they are legitimate hopefully this will put pressure on them to distance themselves if not this could end up being another circlejerk.

I have posted it separately so it can be removed if need be, up to the mods discretion.

If they are reading this, I hope the understand they I do not take lightly to putting this information up, effectively we could be destroying their livelihood and the associated charity, social work hits pretty close to home for me. I hope other posters keep this in mind as well. But they should understand that the charity and the martial arts are two separate issues and if they stop their good work because of this it will be on their heads.

If they can prove us wrong, great.
    Last edited by Auszi; 12/28/2011 12:53am at .

Posted On:
    2/01/2012 8:26pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Historical Fencing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Wow, if only there was a way to expose people like this jerk... and shut them down for good. Taking peoples hard earned money to teach them a bunch of ridiculous nonsense that might even get them killed...
    And as for him providing training for Law Enforcement, Security and Military, that is laughable. He has no consideration of the Use of Force model in any way. I dont think he is even a Security Guard.

For those wondering about the the use of force in Law Enforcement and Security, here is a link to an article to provide some insight:

http://www.articlesbase.com/self-def...on-956580.html
    Last edited by AlphaTritium; 2/01/2012 8:31pm at . Reason: Adding Link

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/17/2012 1:47pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    A thread has come up on MAP.

OP gets told this guy is a fraud, links are posted to here, still wants to go to his seminar....facepalm.

http://www.martialartsplanet.com/for...d.php?t=107733

By the Hoary Hand of Hoggoth.....

Posted On:
    2/17/2012 1:53pm

Style: JKD & Mok'bara

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I tried again...let's see if it works