Page 14 of 29 FirstFirst ... 41011121314 1516171824 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    10/14/2011 5:54pm

Style: Arnis/Kenpo hybrid

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yikes where do I start?

This guy is one of those "verbal diarrhea experts". He tries to impress people with a constant stream of bullshit that sounds like it should be reasonably accurate in order to give the impression of personal knowledge/experience/expertise.

This type of huckster likes to throw a stream of stuff out there and will never stop to clarify or prove any of it, driving onto more bullshit hoping that people wont recall some of the stuff he said before. This video gives me a headache.

"60% of officers are killed with their own weapons."

In 2010, of the 56 feloniously killed officers, 7 were killed with their own weapons. About 13% unless my math is failing me.

"When I filled out incident reports."

When and where would those have been Jr?

"what we call active shooters"

WTF?

This is your classic kid with some martial arts training, lingo he has gotten from movies, books, magazines and the interwebs and some cheap tac vests and airsoft guns who is trying to sell himself as the next, Jason Falla or Larry Vickers. In fact guys like Ralph Severe probably have more creds than this guy does.

The actual techniques? Eh. The typical fantasy type stuff. Let me see how any of that works against someone who is REALLY trying to take your weapon. Put some pellets in that Airsoft and see if it works kid.

Guys who know what they are doing will be very clear and show you something simple that works. What the hell was any of that supposed to show?
    Last edited by tgace; 10/14/2011 6:09pm at .

Posted On:
    10/15/2011 8:50am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Kick Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hi, found myself on the forum quite by chance and decided to sign in for the first time in forever to add my two cents to this topic.

I am a former private security contractor. This is a 100% accurate statement. It is also a very misleading statement.
    What it actually means is I was a licensed security guard, and the company I worked for would on occasion hire us out to other locations when they needed extra bouncers.
    But that's what they called us, contractors from private security companies.

What Luke's list of qualifications look like to me is a 1ABC security licence, possibly a 2ABC licence. See this fact sheet: http://www.police.nsw.gov.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0016/101374/fact_sheet1.pdf

He probably would have been licensed in Queensland rather than New South Wales, but from my visits to Queensland it doesn't look like they do things much differently.

It took me 7 days of training to hold a 1ABC security licence. 5 days to earn a Certificate II in Security, 1 day for a first aid certificate, 1 day for an RSA (Responsible Service of Alcohol) certificate.
    Add another 10 days over two weeks for a Certificate IV in Workplace Training and Assessment, and you too can be as highly qualified with government certification as Luke Holloway, in just 17 days of training!

If Luke wants to pad his resume he should go and do the additional courses I did. Batons an handcuffs (1 day), semi-automatic pistol and revolver qualification (1 day), defensive tactics (unarmed self defence/suspect control, 1 day).

Posted On:
    10/15/2011 9:56am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Exactly. This phenomena of taking basic credentials and selling them as expertise is seen over and over again. Having taken a 1 hr pistol course and having taken multiple advanced courses, competed in shooting events and carried/used a weapon in real life are vastly different affairs.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/16/2011 8:57am

Style: MMA/BJJ/Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm wondering if anyone's actually rolled with this guy? You never see him doing any actual sparring or live takedown drills. In every single video it's basically just him bullshiting the entire time or maybe hitting some focus mitts. Honestly, I've trained a lot different places with a variety of different people from professional fighters to hobbyists, but at least they have the balls to get down when they show up to practice. Luke seems like the type of guy who would stay for the technique portion and do a little mit work, but once the actual sparring are grappling would start he would gracefully exit to the sidelines.

Another thing that I'm having a certain problem with are his NRA credentials. You see I grew up competing in sports where it's commonplace to spend years training in a particular discipline in order to achieve mastery and only after you had achieved mastery; could you start teaching other people. You could get all of luke's NRA credentials in maybe two weeks. But, apparently now he's traveling all across Europe giving seminars like he's some kind of firearms aficionado, when in fact he probably has a cumulatively two months of training. I find this hilarious, particularly because he's making bold statements like "I train law enforcement, military, and special operations units".

This is the equivalent to somebody walking into American top team walking straight up to some professional fighter and declaring "I have three months of MMA experience give me $300, I'll me show you some of my awesome moves, and then you'll be certified BY ME to train people in MMA".

Also the guy who owns double tap training center (where Luke has receive the majority of his firearms training) is a public safety officer at college in LA. Which basically means he is a campus police officer. I'm not trying to say that there's anything wrong with that, but there is a large difference between what a campus police officer does and what a normal city or county police officer does.
    Last edited by Cmoore48; 10/16/2011 9:01am at . Reason: grammer

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/16/2011 9:10am

Style: BJJ Beginner

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cmoore48 View Post
    Also the guy who owns double tap training center (where Luke has receive the majority of his firearms training) is a public safety officer at college in LA. Which basically means he is a campus police officer. I'm not trying to say that there's anything wrong with that, but there is a large difference between what a campus police officer does and what a normal city or county police officer does.
    If anyone wants to chase this guy down? I dont know how the NRA training system works. Might be worth making him aware of this thread.

If someone could make it clear exactly what those qualifications are and what it takes to get them It would mean we have covered basically all of his 'training'.

Simon Cruz, Jr. - Rangemaster / Master Firearm Instructor.

http://www.doubletapshooting.com/staff_info

He is affiliated with Luke and I am assuming it's guy he did his NRA training with as he offers those same courses.
    Last edited by Auszi; 10/16/2011 9:15am at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/16/2011 11:01am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well luke lists them as follows

Certified NRA Pistol Instructor

Certified NRA Riffle Instructor

Certified NRA Shotgun Instructor

Certified NRA Range Safety Officer

Here's what you have to do to get them.
    NRA Instructor Pistol Shooting Course (17 hours)
    *Pre-course questionnaires and qualification exercises will be conducted prior to class dates. A non-refundable deposit of $50 must be received by (TBA) to reserve your spot and be scheduled for the pre-course qualification.
    Class Date: TBA @ 8am (Granada Hills)
    Fee: $250 (fee does not include ammunition costs & NRA Instructor rating processing fees)
    NRA Instructor Rifle Shooting Course (20 hours)
    *Pre-course questionnaires and qualification exercises will be conducted prior to class dates. A non-refundable deposit of $50 must be received by (TBA) to reserve your spot and be scheduled for the pre-course quaification.
    Pre-Course Qualification Date: TBA
    Class Date: TBA or by private appointment
    Fee: $250 (fee does not include ammunition & NRA Instructor rating processing fees)
    NRA Instructor Shotgun Shooting Course (17 hours)

Pre-course qualification Date: TBA or by private appointment
    Class Date: TBA or by private appointment
    Fee: $250 (fee does not include ammunition costs & NRA Instructor rating processing fees)

In other words if you got the time (two weeks) and alittle money to throw around you to can be an NRA instructor. Luke is even listed on this guys web site.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/16/2011 11:02am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    NRA Range Safety Officer Course

Date: Check course calendar or by private appointments. (Pre-registration is required)

Fee: $100 (does not include NRA processing fees)

Short Description : 9 hours; Develops NRA Certified Range Safety Officers with the knowledge, skills, and attitude essential to organizing, conducting, and supervising safe shooting activities and range operations.

More Details: This course is nine hours long and is conducted in a classroom and at a shooting facility. Range Safety Officer candidates will learn roles and responsibilities of an RSO; Range Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs); range inspection; range rules; range briefings; emergency procedures; and firearm stoppages and malfunctions. Each Range Safety Officer Candidate will receive an RSO Student Study Guide, a Basic Firearm Training Program brochure, an NRA Gun Safety Rules brochure, an Instructor Application/Course Evaluation form.

So all said a 63 hours and $800 worth of training you to can be on the same level as seal team six.
    Last edited by Cmoore48; 10/16/2011 11:12am at .

Posted On:
    10/16/2011 11:37am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    While there is absolutely nothing wrong with NRA certifications (Im not intending to belittle them here). What they really are is proof that you have had some training. They say nothing about your current level of training or expertise.

Posted On:
    10/16/2011 11:44am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The thing with LE certifications:

I have a large envelope full of certificates I received for LE training over the years. Some are for a one day 8hr class at a local community college and others for 10 week residential training in Quantico. I have pieces of paper dating back to when I was an academy recruit to weapon training I did this summer.

The point is, I could put my picture above this entire list and pass myself off as Robocop extraordinaire, but that would be a large bit of hyperbole. And that's exactly what I think people like this Holloway, Severe, et al are doing.

Posted On:
    10/16/2011 11:48am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Another video displaying the awesomeness of LH.
    Last edited by tgace; 10/16/2011 12:02pm at .