Page 10 of 29 FirstFirst ... 678910 1112131420 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/15/2011 8:51am

Style: MMA/BJJ/Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This add is hilarious and not to mention full of it.

"For the first time ever, Luke Holloway, founder of Raw Combat International will be coming to Ireland in October.
    This will be the first time that the Australian Tactical Fighting Method will be taught here.
    Two days with Luke will give you an introduction to the fastest growing combative system in the world;
    Recently becoming one of the most talked about systems of modern martial arts with it some 15 million views on youtube.
    There no ranks, no belts and NO B.S. when it comes to training Raw Combat. It is simply a method of Self Protection and Personal Security.
    Luke will share the same concepts with you over the two days as he shares with professionals around the world.
    Luke has most recently been training Special Ops Military Police in Brazil and also Security, Police and Special Ops in Japan where he was based for three years until the tsunami hit. Raw Combat now has training groups throughout Europe, the US, Brazil, Australia, Malaysia, Singapore and Japan.
    This is your chance to get a weekends training with one of the most sought after combatives instructors in the world."

http://www.goldentigeracademy.com/seminars

Really, I don't know where to start is the average MA student and school owner, so clueless that they'll buy anything. I like how they blame the failure of his school in japan on the tsunami even though is was on the other side of the country. I guess there are suckers everywhere.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/23/2011 9:23am

Style: BJJ & MMA, Kali

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Developing professional responses to incidents for security & law enforcement professionals
    You know what bugs me most about guys like this, is that they teach "security" and "Law Enforcement tactics" without ever having been in the security field or worked as a LEO.

I'll teach anyone what I know, but I don't try to teach them their job. I'm not qualified. I may teach cops/COs effective ways to control perps/cons, but I don't pretend to tell them how to do it in the setting they work in. I don't set up simulated traffic stops or cell extractions. It's not my area of expertise. How they apply what I teach is up to them. Sometime they give me suituations or scenerios to work through while we train. Thats different. but I can't teach someone how to be a cop or bodyguard having never been one.
    It's bullshit and I see it alot from this guy.

All this in tyhe same way I'll never develop a "program for professional responce to earthquakes and similar natural disasters." I'm not qualified. And neiother is he. Teach your fancy moves and techniques...but call it that, not some grandiose version of reality.

Administrator

Posted On:
    8/23/2011 9:54am

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    See I have a problem with the liberal use of "Security" and "Leo" trained. Especially when your training background is very questionable. If it was Self Defense Tactics it would sound fine.

Posted On:
    8/26/2011 3:38am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Wing Chun, Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hello Bullshido! This will be my first post here but I hope it will be a good contribution to the community. As my IP would indicate I live in Thailand. So I would like to add some questions I think we should investigate on Luke for his claims to have experiences training law enforcement and military in Thailand.

First of all it is VERY RARE for Thai military and law enforcement to hire foreigners for any roles other than advisor. Even then it is rare. So those who do have a fat credentials with them and I have never heard of Thai military or law enforcement hiring a civilian in a non advisor role. I'm sure if they did it be news.

Secondly, I like us to ask the details of his Thai experiences. I have friends in relative post all over various law enforcement and military which I can ask them to verify. It'll probably be impossible to go through official database without political leverage but if a foreigner came to teach then they will remember. As I said it's very rare. It may not be definitive but it will be a very good indication.

Thirdly and very important point. Work visa! For foreigners to work in Thailand they must have a work visa. Even to teach seminars. The legal process of it requires an employer/company or body to request a work permit for the foreigners with reason explaining why they needed a foreigner and why it can not be done by local. So the point of this is who requested his work permit for him? He can't be vague about it nor reply with "top secret" and the likes, it is a legal requirement and following up to that when? With this we can try and verify.

IF however should he reply with he started his own school, he will need to have a registered company. So I would ask for that details. It's extremely hard for foreigners to own a more than 49% of a business in Thailand. Unless it is an international company or corporation opening a branch. If he indeed use international branch approach he will still have to register it. Which is actually easier to verify as there are less registered international branch than a local company.

Considering the hurdles he has to go through I find it very hard to believe that his claims about Thailand is true. Especially if he isn't an active or retired military personnel with renown. I just don't see it but I could be wrong so if we ever hear directly from Luke could I ask the community to press these questions I present and I will try and verify his answers.

That's it for my first post here

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/26/2011 6:15pm

Style: SD, JJ, Kettlebells

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    There are generally three types of characters involved here.

The first are people like Kelly McCann who have all their bona fides upfront.

The second are people who do teach units but keep quiet about it. For example I heard the name of the guy the SAS use if they want some unarmed combat training. He doesn’t advertise the fact but two people who aren’t affiliated with him both mentioned him as being the current go to guy for the SAS. (No doubt his classes would be over-subscribed if he could put he teaches the SAS all over his website).

Finally you have the group that make all sorts of claims of special forces links but can’t/won’t provide proof and cite national security or some other cloak and dagger reason. This is the group that is usually found to massively overstate their credentials or outright lie (Frank Dux, Moni Aizik, Bob Spour and Jim Wagner come to mind.) At the moment Luke Holloway is behaving more in line with this camp and is even less forthcoming about his background than some of those mentioned.

He might be a badass and a solid fighter but on current evidence there doesn’t appear to be any real substance behind his claims of military/LEO links.

Posted On:
    9/02/2011 11:30pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Not sure how relevant my post will be but I recall the mention of Luke Holloway being in Sao Paulo, Brazil in this thread from months back. He has a new video up on youtube working with special ops in that location so I figure it would be good to post the video. I dont know if this enforces anything he's said or not as im not qualified to make such judgements. Heres the vid:

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/03/2011 9:45am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Dude the vid above looks like he's taking a tour of a police station not training anyone. If you got a buddy who's a cop ask him to show you around the station sometime, you'd get all the same footage. I guess then you can run around telling everyone you train law enforcement, spec ops, and military police. Also if the guy is dumb enough he'll let you hold his gun a strike a pose by his car so he can post it all over facebook. If any officer here in the states did somthing that dumb and IA found out... You would be dragged in front of someone for a conversation that you go somthing like this.

"Why did you let this guy play with your service weapon ?"
    Um...
    "Also why were you dumb enough to let him photograph himself in front of your car and post it on facebook?"
    Um..
    " You know thats in direct violation of ___________ in the patrolmens hand book"
    Yeah...
    " Go home your Union rep will contact you"

Administrator

Posted On:
    9/03/2011 10:04am

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    He says in the video the guy "was a member for 10 years." So, that also implies it is a tour. Then they go look at old pictures and talk about what he did in the past. It proves he can brag and make implications "Oh I got that tactical ring yesterday" but I see zero teaching in that video.

If you get approval in the states all of that would be okay. Yes, I have military and LEO friends and the whole issue is about getting clearance for a tour. Then you get take pictures hold certain weapons blah blah blah.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/03/2011 10:37am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I agree with it's fake you can get clearance to go on a tour, hold weapons, and take pictures and other fun stuff. However, there is an unspoken understanding that you're tourist and your not going to try to use this to market yourself later.

Administrator

Posted On:
    9/03/2011 10:41am

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yep and that is exactly what that video looks like to me. A fun time turned into marketing Bullshit. I mean really? Let me see you training with the actual combat team during their actual training. No, not a video that could be a seminar or friends fooling around in the forest.
Page 10 of 29 FirstFirst ... 678910 1112131420 ... LastLast