Valiant Monk of Booze & War

Posted On:
    11/26/2010 8:51pm

supporting memberstaff
     Style: BJJ/C-JKD/KAAALIII!!!!!!!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Luke Holloway/Team Wujin/RAW Combat Investigation Thread

Luke Holloway came to Bullshido's attention in May of 2006. He was originally the head of a martial arts school called Zhen Dao Wushu, which sold itself as a CMA school in Australia.

This thread will investigate his current claims, specifically his claims of law enforcement & military training & billing himself as an operative. He has expanded his operations into the USA, specifically Maryland.

Luke Holloway bio

I. Martial Arts Experience

Holloway claims to have received Dan ranking or instructor certification in the following arts:

• *Kung Fu (No mention of a particular style or styles)
      *Taiji
      *Freestyle/MMA
      *Silat (Holloway claims "a number of systems", but again, no particulars are named)
      *FMA (no specific systems named, other than Kali/Escrima/Arnis)
      *Jujutsu
      *Taekwondo

Holloway's bio makes no mention of any particular instructors, rankings, or certifications that he has actually received, only empty, blanket claims. The only instructor listed in his bio is Grand Master Siow of Malaysia, who Holloway states is his Lion Dance teacher.

What are Luke Holloway's ranks & certifications, & whom did he receive them from?

II. Security & Law Enforcement Experience

Holloway claims to have been involved in security industry & law enforcement for the past decade, but does not make any specific claims to have served or trained with any specific law enforcement agency at any time. He claims to have had "hands on" law enforcement experience in the following countries:

• *Australia
      *Malaysia
      *China
      *Hong Kong
      *Thailand
      *Taiwan
      *Japan

What law enforcement agencies employed Luke Holloway?

III. Security & Law Enforcement Certification

He claims to hold qualifications & certifications in the United States & Australia which would be recognized by the international law enforcement & security community, but he does not provide those certifications. He claims the following:

• *NRA membership (LOL)
      *Government qualified in coaching (NCAS)
      *Government qualified in training & assessement
      *Government qualified security & protective operative
      *Government qualified in risk management, assessment, & consultations (security)

What government provided these certifications?

Holloway claims to be "STILL an active operative", but makes no mention of who he is an "operative" for.
    Last edited by Jiggle Butt; 11/26/2010 8:56pm at .

Posted On:
    11/26/2010 9:05pm

supporting memberstaff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Interview with Luke Holloway

Quote Originally Posted by Holloway
    The fact is professionals, as in cops/military don’t need to know the style’s master...
    Oh really?

Thumbs up!

Posted On:
    11/26/2010 11:49pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo,MT,Boxing,BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    from the interview:
    ...As certified by the Australian Government in Risk Management, Security, Protection, Crisis Management, Sports Coaching and Work Place Training & Assessment (etc)...
    does this actually mean something? and can it be verified? if any aussies can weigh in, that'd be helpful.

Posted On:
    11/26/2010 11:53pm

supporting memberstaff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I know bouncers in Oz do have to be licensed, similar to some states in the US.

Posted On:
    11/27/2010 12:05am

Style: mma /boxing/muai thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    In security a licence is not exactly a certification. And it is different state by state.
    the licence is your security guard/crowd controller/armed/personal protection. Just off the top of my head.

A certification means you have done a course and that can be anything from cert one to maby seven in security/croudcontrol (depending on the provider) but a cert will also be your first aid or responsible service of alcohol and so on. Some of it is needed and some of it is kind of fluff.

Give me some time to google foo to make sure I am right and I will try to post the certs.

Luke is essentially a victorian I think so I will work off that.

This is from the ISTA security training website.
    http://www.ista.com.au/

Products We Offer:
    Defensive Tactics Instructor Course
    Firearms Instructor Course
    Firearms Instructor Recertification (Existing Firearms Instructors)

In a strange sort of way most of those are actually needed to fill the roles. You cannot be a workplace trainer without the cert 4. You cant do personal protection without the bodyguard.
    Last edited by gregaquaman; 11/27/2010 12:14am at .

Posted On:
    11/27/2010 12:17am

supporting memberstaff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Now, if someone has those certifications, why wouldn't they share them? Everyone I know in the business who has such certifications will provide them up front.

If Holloway is charging up to $800 a day for training, why would I train with him, whose certs are unknown, when I could spend the same money & train with Paul Vunak or Kelly McCann, who have both trained high speed groups & provide their certifications up front?

Posted On:
    11/27/2010 12:26am

Style: mma /boxing/muai thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I have contact with him on facebook how should I word the request?

Posted On:
    11/27/2010 12:34am

supporting memberstaff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by gregaquaman View Post
    I have contact with him on facebook how should I word the request?
    Let's wait until we've got more information to go on before we contact him. There's a lot more on his websites that I'd like to go over.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/27/2010 10:05am

Style: MMA/BJJ/Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    All those are bullshit security courses people can kick out in a week. I was a bouncer, concert hall security, VIP Protection agent , loss prevention agent , and a public safety officer. None of those things are impressive, sure I could try to bullshit it up and make it sound impressive, but that would make me a huge douche. I just think this guy is hilarious, because he's trying to say he trains U.S law enforcement and armed services. He put up a vid with a correction officer and a sheriff who made a testimonials about his Knife seminar, But just because an a couple dudes from various places went to your seminar doesn't mean that you train law enforcement and military. The guy also claims to teach CQC and counter terrorisum thats just a joke I mean watch this vid.

http://www.youtube.com/user/TeamWuJin#p/u/6/5v_9fjqINzg

This has nothing to do with CT work.

Posted On:
    11/27/2010 3:43pm

supporting memberstaff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cmoore48 View Post
    All those are bullshit security courses people can kick out in a week. I was a bouncer, concert hall security, VIP Protection agent , loss prevention agent , and a public safety officer. None of those things are impressive, sure I could try to bullshit it up and make it sound impressive, but that would make me a huge douche. I just think this guy is hilarious, because he's trying to say he trains U.S law enforcement and armed services. He put up a vid with a correction officer and a sheriff who made a testimonials about his Knife seminar, But just because an a couple dudes from various places went to your seminar doesn't mean that you train law enforcement and military. The guy also claims to teach CQC and counter terrorisum thats just a joke I mean watch this vid.

http://www.youtube.com/user/TeamWuJin#p/u/6/5v_9fjqINzg

This has nothing to do with CT work.
    You're jumping to assumptions. Review the standards for Bullshido investigations. We do not know what training Holloway has received at this point and until we do, we cannot make any sort of judgements, despite how things may seem or feel.

You are correct in your statements however.

One thing I would like to emphasize to everyone is that we are primarily interested in Holloway's official background relating to the claims he has made, as outlined in my primary post. Who he has trained is of much lesser importance.
Page 1 of 29 1 234511 ... LastLast