Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/06/2011 6:57am

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by MyDo View Post
    Were there any special features to try and direct the force of incoming blows away from the front teeth? I am definitely going to talk to both my dentist and my boxing coach regarding this. My understanding of the process is that you get a mold done(had braces so done this before) and then send that mold to the respective company. Is there some "directly from the dentist" mouthpiece or is my understanding of the process correct? My chances of getting laid and chewing thank you for your input.
    I couldn't say about any special features...I had mine done at a denture guy, he took the mold and I went back two weeks later and picked it up; but I'm not sure how the process is handled in the states. Just make sure you tell the dentist what you've had done (or if it's your regular dentist they may know already). From the perspective of protecting pre-damaged teeth I would rely less on coaching guidance in the first instance.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    2/08/2011 7:03pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Boneless View Post
    schock doctor all the way,
    good brand and serious about their product even giving up to 10,000 in case of dental damage
    They seem really cool Boneless but their legal bit specifically disqualifies my crowned front teeth. :(

I've bolded the bit I'm referring too:

CERTIFICATE OF LIMITED WARRANTY AND DISCLAIMER
    WARRANTY: Shock Doctor, Inc. (“Shock Doctor”) warrants the within mouthguard unit to be free from defects in material and workmanship which could cause damage or injury to the sound, natural teeth of the purchaser herein when properly used in a supervised athletic contest or coach-supervised training session. This warranty shall extend for a period of one (1) year from the date of purchase. Shock Doctor’s obligations under this warranty shall be limited to the lesser of:
    i. The actual dental expense incurred by the user; or
    ii. $391 per injured or replaced tooth, up to a maximum liability of $12,500 per incident. Shock Doctor’s obligations hereunder shall be reduced by the amount of any insurance collected or payable for the damage or injury claimed. This certificate does not provide
    payment or indemnity for orthodontic treatments or preparation of a tooth to be used as an anchor for a bridge

Also just in case people didn't read it: You MUST report the natural tooth breakage while using their mouth-guard within 30 days of the occurrence.

So you lucky bastards that have managed to avoid cutting your front teeth off get all the cash/ladies/mouth-guard love if your teeth get collapsed in that thing.

I really appreciate the responses and info. If my googlizing finds the perfect thing I'll certainly post it for you all.

Posted On:
    2/20/2011 7:18pm

Style: WHKD (Kaju), Sub. Grapple

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I am a big fan of shock doctor as well; it is what I stock and supply my students with. They also make a new line of custom-moldable (not just boil-and-bite) mouthguards, that are more expensive. Not for everyone, but nice that they provide it.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123