All Out of Bubblegum

Posted On:
    11/24/2010 9:27pm

supporting memberforum leader
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ElleSTL View Post
    Hi. Just want to post a quick word about Mr. Perry and Mr. Amanat. I have been a student of Mr. Amanat's for 14 years. Mr. Amanat is by the way, a 4th degree black belt in TKD. He came up through Black Belt Karate as a student of Fred Wren. In fact, Mr. Wren sold his St. Louis Black Belt Karate School to Mr. Amanat when Mr. Amanat was only 19; to me, this demonstrated Mr. Wrenís faith in Mr. Amanatís abilities. By way of further background, Mr. Wren was a student of Allen Steen who was, in fact a student of Jhoon Rhee. Mr. Amanat has trained with Bill Wallace, Joe Lewis (from whom he received his 3rd degree black belt), Jim Harrison, Danny Inosanto, Tom Patire, and Jim Smothers to name a few (I apologize for any instructors I may have inadvertently left out). You may Google any of these names for more information if you are unfamiliar with them. Mr. Amanat has also trained many grand champions in NASKA, MMA and the UKA.

Mr. Amanat is always looking to learn and loves to say "show me what you know." Therefore, one of the best things about being one of his students is he does not hesitate to bring in talented martial artists to teach his students and let them show us what they know. I have been lucky enough to attend workshops and seminars with Mr. Wallace, Mr. Lewis, Mr. Perry and many others through Mr. Amanatís auspices. I may not know the full credentials of everyone Mr. Amanat brings in to teach his students, but I can say that having known Mr. Amanat as long has I have and knowing what type of martial artist he is, he would only have the best people offer seminars at his school.

Having attended Mr. Perry's seminars for the past 5 years, including one this weekend I find Mr. Perry extremely knowledgeable, soft-spoken, self-depreciating, eager to teach and to learn, and very willing to pass his style of martial arts along. With regard to Mr. Perry splitting from his instructor, I was not there, I do not know what the split was about, however, I would hesitate to fault either of them for the split, since I know many, many martial artists who no longer train with their original instructor for one reason or another.

By the way, the little YouTube clip above is simply Mr. Perry performing a footwork drill, however, when I say simply, I don't mean it is easy.

Yes I'm rather interested in knowing who the champions in what organization were, particularly MMA, and what title they took.
    There's no choice but to confront you, to engage you, to erase you. I've gone to great lengths to expand my threshold of pain. I will use my mistakes against you. There's no other choice.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/24/2010 10:07pm

Style: BJJ and MT at the moment

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by CodosDePiedra View Post
    Since you didn't want to say anything about any of these people, I googled them, and their teacher's name to learn about them. NO MMA fighters. Three or four of them only show up in one of two krotty tournament results (for forms, weapon forms) and one seems to be a massage therapist. Is this correct?
    does he/she give happy endings?

Posted On:
    11/30/2010 9:08pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Silat/TKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    As far as I know, none of them are massage therapists, so no, sorry, no happy endings.

Posted On:
    11/30/2010 9:13pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Aikido,Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    As far as I know, none of them are massage therapists, so no, sorry, no happy endings.
    In about a week I'll respond to this with a snappy comeback.

pro nonsense self defense

Posted On:
    11/30/2010 9:21pm

supporting member
     Style: FMA, dumbek, Indian clubs

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Again, are any of them MMA champions? Or were you mistaken?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/01/2010 8:03pm

Style: Karate-knockdown, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Or does the MMA stand for the Midwest Martial Arts tourney series? This is what I am spactulating. There is a series in Missouri that has titled their tourneys MMA.

Middleweight

Posted On:
    12/04/2010 9:27am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ+Sanda

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by searcher66071 View Post
    Or does the MMA stand for the Midwest Martial Arts tourney series? This is what I am spactulating. There is a series in Missouri that has titled their tourneys MMA.
    Montana Massage Association?

Posted On:
    12/04/2010 1:21pm

Style: Aikido / FMA / Krotty

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by searcher66071 View Post
    Mutual Masturbation ... errr..... Anal?

When life gives you lemons... BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD!!

"what's the best thing about aikido then?"
    "To be defeated by your enemies, to be driven by them from the field of battle, and to hear the lamentations of your women." ermghoti
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12