Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12 3456 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    11/21/2010 1:14am

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well its a good thing I am not a betting man, here are my predictions and yeah....
    Quinton Jackson vs Lyoto Machida Wrong
    Matt Hughes vs BJ Penn Wrong
    Gerald Harris vs Maiquel Jose Falcao Goncalves Wrong
    Phil Davis vs Tim Boetsch Wrong
    George Sotiropoulos vs Joe Lauzon awesome got 1 right
    Matt Brown vs Brian Foster make that 2 right
    Aaron Simpson vs Mark Munoz make that 3 right
    Karo Parisyan vs Dennis Hallman Wrong yet again
    Paul Kelly vs T.J. O'Brien Wrong again
    Nik Lentz vs Tyson Griffin Wrong yet another time.

Yeah apparently I suck at this

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/21/2010 1:16am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ResidentSamurai View Post
    So rocking Rampage, taking him down and mounting him wasn't enough for the third?
    You're a hard man to please.
    I meant definitely won the 3rd round..sorry

Posted On:
    11/21/2010 2:29am

Join us... or die
     Style: Kenkojuku Karate, Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Machida definitely won round #1, but he forgot leg kicks are invisible to judges. Quinton won the 2nd though imo.

Posted On:
    11/21/2010 2:41am

supporting memberstaff
     Style: Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Antoine Dodson at the UFC 123. That totally made my night! #UFC

Machida vs Jackson - I was calling Machida by decsion (I used to post my pre-fight 'analysis' what ever happened to that? Guess I got busy/lazy to make a write up type thing.) Machida clearly won the first, 2nd was close, Machida clearly won the third round. Don't agree with the decision, but I don't feel it was robbery.

lol @ Armenians, just not their time lately is it?

George Sotiropoulos vs Joe Lauzon - I picked the right winner, but bit disappointed seemed like Joe gassed at the end of the first. Joe tweeted this shortly after his fight: George is a great guy and the better fighter. He had the Kimura and eased up to not injure me. Nothing but respect for him!
    So good for George as well, as there was some words between him and the ref at the end there.

Phil Davis had a funny sub over Tim Boestch.
    Disappointed as well that Matt Brown lost, he's solid guy hope to see him more.
    Paul Kelly put on a nice show with some vicious kicks to the body, ouch!
    Gerald Harris vs Maiquel Jose Falcao - Behind my keyboard, I can safely say Harris needs major work on his striking. Falcao with an impressive debut, once he got warmed up
    Surfing Facebook at work? Spread the good word by adding us on Facebook today! https://www.facebook.com/Bullshido

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/21/2010 2:58am

Style: Hiatus for Gen. Fitness

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I sneezed and missed the Hughes v. Penn fight.

As for Jackson v. Machida, I consider that robbery based on the reaction of the bar I was at. The overwhelming consensus was that Machida won the first round and clearly dominated the third, so the idea that two judges gave that first round to Jackson was a surprise to just about everyone still paying attention.
    Last edited by CNagy; 11/21/2010 3:02am at .

Posted On:
    11/21/2010 7:39am

Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Machida pretty clearly had the first. He was landing kicks at will and Rampage barely landed anything at all. I could see maybe giving Rampage the second considering he looked like he clipped Machida once or twice and got a takedown that he didn't do anything with, and we know how much the judges love those. You could still probably make an argument for Machida stealing the round right at the end since that was really more significant action than the rest of round two had. But Rampage winning that one isn't unreasonable.

But in all the plurality of existence, all universes in which all things are possible...there still isn't one that exists in which the third can be scored for Rampage. Seriously, what the ****. He rocks Rampage, threatens a submission, and spends the rest of the round positionally dominating him, and that's not good enough to get the win? What. The ****.

北斗十字固拳

Posted On:
    11/21/2010 9:04am

supporting member
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Do we need a 10 count in MMA? That Hughes fight was over so quick and was nothing but a flash KO. I'm not saying I disagree with the stoppage. He was clearly stunned and not defending for those few seconds. But he got up and was fine. Let's give 'em a 10 count, let the fight continue if there's no damage, and give the other guy a 10-8 round. Same for the Karo fight. (Although Karo looked like **** and it wouldn't have made an difference.)

The only round I thought was clear in Rampage/Machida was the 3rd for Machida. So I was disappointed, but not surprised by the dec. Machida's countering style works, and I actually still find it exciting to watch. But he simply needs to throw more. He started with some leg kicks and then seemed to forget about them. No foot sweeps. And he seemed to be saving his left straight counter for rnd 3. He should've been doing that the whole fight.

Lyoto, I am willing to coach you with this brilliant advise for only 5% of your purse. Call me.

I have emotions.

Posted On:
    11/21/2010 9:26am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Congratulations to BJ Penn. But that was just way too fast and way too good to actually see any improvements in his game. Now I can't gauge him for his next fight. Then again, can anyone ever gauge BJ Penn?

(Answer is No)

Oh yeah, Lyoto got robbed. It was a close call, but the 3rd round definitely outweighed the first 2 draw rounds.
    Still, I love Rampage so much that I just don't care. A rematch would be a good thing thou. Props to Rampage for showing some class too.
    Last edited by Tranquil Suit; 11/21/2010 9:31am at .

(tab) Forum > Forum Actions > General Settings > in Thread Display Options > Number of Posts to Show Per Page: 40

Gnarly King of Half-Guard

Posted On:
    11/21/2010 9:27am

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by JudOWNED View Post
    Do we need a 10 count in MMA?
    No. Shooto used to have one and it was rubbish. It takes away the link between standing and ground games because you can't pounce on a dropped opponent and it's also more dangerous because guys who are clearly concussed have to get back up again.

Quote Originally Posted by JudOWNED View Post
    That Hughes fight was over so quick and was nothing but a flash KO. I'm not saying I disagree with the stoppage. He was clearly stunned and not defending for those few seconds. But he got up and was fine.
    Doesn't matter, he lost the fight. If the referee hadn't been there to intervene BJ could have continued beating him until he was dead or badly injured. That's the essence of martial arts and of MMA. The 10 count in boxing is specific to the aims of that sport, it's got absolutely nothing to do with this one.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/21/2010 10:19am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I did think Lyoto won that :(

Glad BJ won, I hope he gets motivated back in the game.

Other then that that Harris vs Falco fight was pretty boring...
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12 3456 ... LastLast