View Poll Results: Should airports use full-body X-ray machines?

Voters
48. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, you can see that is a roll of quarters in my pocket.

9 18.75%
  • No, and keep your hands off my junk!

39 81.25%
Page 2 of 11 First 123456 ... Last
    Style
    xingyi
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    People have a right to worry, but use new images as those you just posted were given out in press releases.

Oh and don't fall for the doctored ones either.

solves problems with violence supporting member
    Style
    Judo, Hung Family Boxing
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    just had dinner with my attorney, and unfortunately he doesn't think the case would be winnable in court if i were to refuse the scan and the pat down and say "bring it" in terms of the $10k fine and civil case.

not what i wanted to hear at all, i'm afraid, but unlike many, i do take my attorney's advice.
    "Face punches are an essential character building part of a martial art. You don't truly love your children unless you allow them to get punched in the face." - chi-conspiricy
    "When I was a little boy, I had a sailor suit, but it didn't mean I was in the Navy." - Mtripp on the subject of a 5 year old karate black belt
    "Without actual qualifications to be a Zen teacher, your instructor is just another roundeye raping Asian culture for a buck." - Errant108
    "Seriously, who gives a **** what you or Errant think? You're Asian males, everyone just ignores you, unless you're in a krotty movie." - new2bjj

Style
    MT, BJJ, BBT
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ming Loyalist View Post
    just had dinner with my attorney, and unfortunately he doesn't think the case would be winnable in court if i were to refuse the scan and the pat down and say "bring it" in terms of the $10k fine and civil case.

not what i wanted to hear at all, i'm afraid, but unlike many, i do take my attorney's advice.
    That seems off to me, as well.. I thought in the U.S. citizens were considered innocent until proven guilty. An unwillingness to acquiesce to a battery of potentially harmful rays or some government approved molestation is now grounds for a civil case based on what theory? I would really like to know where the fine and civil suit fit into this mess.

Style
    Mixed
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    There are worse things than losing your privacy.

Oops: Backscatter X-Ray Machines "Tear Apart DNA"

http://www.sott.net/articles/show/20...Tear-Apart-DNA

Looks like a little healthy paranoia might have been a good thing. While the conventional wisdom has held that so-called "terahertz radiation," upon which backscatter x-ray machines are based, is harmless because it doesn't carry enough energy to do cellular or genetic damage, new research suggests that may be completely wrong.

Specifically, researchers have found that terahertz radiation may interfere directly with DNA. Although the force generated is small, the waves have been found to "unzip double-stranded DNA, creating bubbles in the double strand that could significantly interfere with processes such as gene expression and DNA replication."

solves problems with violence supporting member
    Style
    Judo, Hung Family Boxing
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ketsueki View Post
    That seems off to me, as well.. I thought in the U.S. citizens were considered innocent until proven guilty. An unwillingness to acquiesce to a battery of potentially harmful rays or some government approved molestation is now grounds for a civil case based on what theory? I would really like to know where the fine and civil suit fit into this mess.
    because you waive all sorts of rights when you travel in their system, that's why. don't like it? drive to your destination, or hire a private jet. you don't actually have a right to travel via airplane, so you have to put up with whatever they decide. of course if everyone just refused to fly under these conditions pure economics would change their tune right away.

it sucks, but while you could show that the TSA's methods haven't actually caught anyone trying to commit a terrorist act, it's impossible to prove that they aren't a deterrent. we're just going to hope that public outrage will win this one, rather than lawsuits.
    "Face punches are an essential character building part of a martial art. You don't truly love your children unless you allow them to get punched in the face." - chi-conspiricy
    "When I was a little boy, I had a sailor suit, but it didn't mean I was in the Navy." - Mtripp on the subject of a 5 year old karate black belt
    "Without actual qualifications to be a Zen teacher, your instructor is just another roundeye raping Asian culture for a buck." - Errant108
    "Seriously, who gives a **** what you or Errant think? You're Asian males, everyone just ignores you, unless you're in a krotty movie." - new2bjj

Style
    xingyi
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ketsueki View Post
    I'm not sure if you don't understand what he is saying or this is a weird strawman.

Style
    judo hiatus
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm honestly considering dropping my drawers, ripping off the shirt and pulling my underwear up into the best facsimile of butt floss (read wedgie/thong) possible.

All the while yelling "See! Don't touch my junk".

Don't think it will violate any decency laws, but admittedly may delay my catching the scheduled flight.

Style
    mma /boxing/muai thai
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I will pretty much put up with anything to quietly get on the plane and get to where I am going. If you wanted to fight it on principle on your own at an airport wouldnt be winable.
    You would either get scanned or you wouldnt fly. Dont like it? what are you going to do fight your way on to the plane? that is where you would open yourself up to arrests.

Innocent untill proven guilty. Dont know how that is done in America but automated speeding fines have been ignoring that rule here for years.

Style
    BJJ
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by gregaquaman View Post
    If you wanted to fight it on principle on your own at an airport wouldnt be winable.
    This is why I can't step foot in an airport. I will be the "don't touch my junk," guy, probably to my detriment.

Style
    BJJ
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Lol, silly. They are protecting you and your glorious country from Talibans. Are you a terrorist?

Page 2 of 11 First 123456 ... Last