Welterweight

Posted On:
    12/03/2010 10:03pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacked Frost View Post
    Haven't made it to the range yet, but I have at least field stripped and cleaned the Glock to get rid of the coating. Question on the magazine release. In the 36, the magazine doesn't really drop out, it just sort of releases, and requires me to pull it out the rest of the way. Is this the result of it being a sub compact, or is it something I can solve by applying lubricant?

Never, ever, ever put any sort of lubricant in your magazine well. Such lubricants are WET and as such, attract dirt, lint, unburnt powder, brass shavings, and all sorts of debris....which will REALLY muck up your magazine changes (and mag drops).

As I'm unsure which generation Glock 36 you have, the first thing that I'd do is check your magazine to ensure that you have a metal liner in it...some of the older mags are simply plastic and don't have the metal liner. The metal liner was put in there to keep the side-walls of the mag from bulging and hanging up inside the magazine well...and to add enough weight ensure a positive magazine drop.

Also, check your meat-hook of a hand. Your primary gripping hand might be to blame if it's even SLIGHTLY touching the bottom of your magazine.

Posted On:
    12/03/2010 10:11pm

supporting memberforum leader
     Style: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Skeletor View Post
    Never, ever, ever put any sort of lubricant in your magazine well. Such lubricants are WET and as such, attract dirt, lint, unburnt powder, brass shavings, and all sorts of debris....which will REALLY muck up your magazine changes (and mag drops).

As I'm unsure which generation Glock 36 you have, the first thing that I'd do is check your magazine to ensure that you have a metal liner in it...some of the older mags are simply plastic and don't have the metal liner. The metal liner was put in there to keep the side-walls of the mag from bulging and hanging up inside the magazine well...and to add enough weight ensure a positive magazine drop.

Also, check your meat-hook of a hand. Your primary gripping hand might be to blame if it's even SLIGHTLY touching the bottom of your magazine.
    I will defer to this guy.
    Last edited by Cassius; 12/03/2010 10:14pm at .
    "No. Listen to me because I know what I'm talking about here." -- Hannibal

Dysfunctionally Strong

Posted On:
    12/03/2010 10:17pm

supporting member
     Style: Boxing/Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Skeletor View Post

Awesome intel, much thanks. I'm actually pressing the buttong without a hand holding onto the bottom of the weapon, but the mags don't have the metal liner that you mentioned, so that may be the issue. I'll check for some better ones that next time I'm in town, and will remember to keep lubricant out of the magwell.

Thanks again man.
    "Emevas,
    You're a scrapper, I like that."-Ronin69
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234