Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Dysfunctionally Strong

Posted On:
    11/27/2010 6:51pm

supporting member
     Style: Boxing/Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yes, of course. That's why it's so low priced and came with a free magazine and magazine loader.

Glock and Smith have been good to me, haha.
    "Emevas,
    You're a scrapper, I like that."-Ronin69

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/28/2010 1:13pm

Style: Fitness-Fu and Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Skeletor View Post
    Slimline pistols? The Glock 36 (45ACP) is a pretty good (for a Glock). The Sig 239 (9mm/40SW) is also a good slimline auto. Me? I'd roll with the HK P7M8 slimline 9mm. LOL Yeah, I had to put that in there. The P7M8 feels the best!
    You said "for a Glock", how come? Is it that you personally don't like them, or is it some other reason?

(I probably should know this already, but I have been kind of living under a rock since April)

I am going to be buying a handgun for concealed carry and am wrestling over what to buy.

My preference would be a 1911 since that is what I am most familiar with next to the Beretta 92. But these days I am leaning toward a Glock 21.
    So what would be the advantage of the 36 over the 21 other than size?

Posted On:
    11/28/2010 8:05pm

supporting memberforum leader
     Style: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by AMF View Post
    You said "for a Glock", how come? Is it that you personally don't like them, or is it some other reason?

(I probably should know this already, but I have been kind of living under a rock since April)

I am going to be buying a handgun for concealed carry and am wrestling over what to buy.

My preference would be a 1911 since that is what I am most familiar with next to the Beretta 92. But these days I am leaning toward a Glock 21.
    Skeletor prefers to spend twice as much on H&K products that are at best, only marginally higher in quality than glock products. Just kidding skelly!

I have a glock 19, and love it.
    "No. Listen to me because I know what I'm talking about here." -- Hannibal

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/28/2010 8:36pm

Style: Fitness-Fu and Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That's what I hear. It's either love 'em or hate 'em.

Dysfunctionally Strong

Posted On:
    11/28/2010 9:48pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by AMF View Post

Glock has a few features I'm not a fan of, like the lack of a manual safety and the trigger pull out of the box, but with the 1911 and my 686, both are just too big and heavy for everyday carry for me. The 36 is light, sub compact, holds .45acp, and with the polymer, I'm not too worried about it getting banged up/abused with everyday carry/dropping it in the article snow up here.

The dirt cheap pricetag was what really won me over. I liked the S&W M&P series for polymer guns, but even with the discount they're pricey.

As for the advantage, size IS the advantage. Glock also makes the 30, which is almost identical and holds 10 rounds over 6, but the grip on it was just not agreeable with my hands, and a lot blockier for me to have to carry. I wanted to own a weapon that I'd be more willing to carry even if it held fewer rounds than one that had a higher capacity that sat on my nightstand, as I already own 3 full size pistols.
    Last edited by Emevas; 11/28/2010 9:52pm at .
    "Emevas,

Posted On:
    11/29/2010 1:26am

Style: 9mm/Judo/BJJ/MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I actually think the Glock trigger is one of the best out of box triggers there is. Good weight, consistent pull, and a very short reset. I actually prefer my guns not have a manual safety which is why I never carry my Colt 1911 Commander.

Dysfunctionally Strong

Posted On:
    11/29/2010 1:29am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I like a manual safety for a carry just because I've read too many instances of people pulling by the trigger on the draw, and though I can practice my draw over and over again, it's hard to say how well my gross motor function will fly in a high stress scenario.

But, clearly by my purchasing it, I figured I could overlook that, haha.
    "Emevas,

Posted On:
    11/29/2010 12:52pm

Style: 9mm/Judo/BJJ/MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The mere fact that you're openly researching weapons before purchasing them shows me you're more mindful than most people that have negligent discharges in the first place. Just keep training and I'm sure you won't have any issues. Although if it still bothers you, some companies make aftermarket triggers with manual safety buttons built in that you can buy online. If it interests you, let me know in a pm and I can try to find one for you when I get to a computer instead of my droid and send a link. They drop right in and can be swapped out easily.

Dysfunctionally Strong

Posted On:
    11/29/2010 9:15pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Very awesome. I may take you up on that one day. Good to know.
    "Emevas,

Posted On:
    11/29/2010 10:20pm

Style: BJJ/MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Emevas View Post
    I like a manual safety for a carry just because I've read too many instances of people pulling by the trigger on the draw, and though I can practice my draw over and over again, it's hard to say how well my gross motor function will fly in a high stress scenario.

But, clearly by my purchasing it, I figured I could overlook that, haha.
    Kinda like this?
    http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...59058549628092
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 12 34 LastLast