Our Sponsors:

Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    11/14/2010 11:50pm

supporting memberstaff
     Style: Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Martial Arts Master Joel A. Levy speaks about the Jewish perspective on self-defense

Martial Arts Master speaks about the Jewish perspective on self-defense at Rutgers Hillel

On Sunday, November 14th, Joel A. Levy, a Highland Park based martial arts master, and Rutgers University graduate, will be speaking about the role of self-defense in Jewish life, at Rutgers Hillel, 93 College Avenue, New Brunswick, NJ. He will also be giving a self-defense clinic to all in attendance.

Joel Levy, along with his wife, Yvonne, is the co-owner of Family Martial Arts Academy in Highland Park, NJ.

The presentation will take place at 6:00 pm, and is open to the public, free of charge.

Self-defense has always been a part of my life, says Levy. I come from a long line of fighters dating back to pre-State Palestine.

First learning his craft at home from his father, a former Israeli special-forces commando, he has been training in the martial arts since the early 1970s, and teaching it since the 1980s. He is described as a natural teacher, having earned his Masters Degree in Education from Rutgers University Graduate School of Education.

Some of his distinctions and awards in the field of martial arts include: grandmaster of kickboxing, grandmaster of full contact karate, grandmaster of black tiger hand to hand combat, 6th degree black belt in Superfoot kickboxing and karate, CDT advanced tactical master instructor, and ITC certified executive protection agent.

Levy has been the recipient of multiple martial arts hall of fame awards, and has created his own full contact fighting league, the New Jersey Full Contact Karate League. In addition, he is a certified bully prevention, and child safety expert, and has been presenting assemblies and workshops in schools around the state for more than 8 years.

Well known for his focus on personal development through the martial arts, Levy has been featured in multiple media, including television, magazines, newspapers, and a multitude of internet sites.

For more information about the event, contact Matt Nover, Education Chair at Rutgers Hillel at 732-545-2407, or email him at msnover613@gmail.com.

To contact Joel Levy, call Family Martial Arts Academy at 732-296-1677, or email jlevy@safekarate.com. Visit his website at www.safekarate.com, or his blog at www.joelalevy.com.

http://www.mycentraljersey.com/artic...Rutgers-Hillel

Yeah yeah late, but I can't check news everyday :P
    Surfing Facebook at work? Spread the good word by adding us on Facebook today! https://www.facebook.com/Bullshido

insight combined with intel, fuse, and dynamite

Posted On:
    11/15/2010 12:02am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This was just down the street from me...I probably could have stopped by. Drat.

Posted On:
    11/15/2010 12:35am

supporting memberstaff
     Style: Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You could still stop by, and ask to learn. It's never to late to learn
    Surfing Facebook at work? Spread the good word by adding us on Facebook today! https://www.facebook.com/Bullshido

Posted On:
    11/15/2010 1:46am

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    What no Krav Maga credentials?(come on someone had to say it)
    In all seriousness this guy sounds like a very legit I wouldn't have mine going to that, to bad its was on the other side of the country from me.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/15/2010 5:59am

Style: jiujitsu, karate, shorinj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    my question is what does he primarily teach? Great that he has all these degrees and belts, but what is his school really about? I'm guessing freestyle karate like steve anderson karate... Not sure though. The web doesn't exactly say either. Just self defence, martial arts...