Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 12 3 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/19/2010 10:45am

Style: PTK / MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Okay, how does the 12th sound to everyone?

solves problems with violence

Posted On:
    11/19/2010 3:31pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo, Hung Family Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    i don't think fight house is in a permanent location yet and the word on the temp space was that it is really lame.

we should make sure they could actually host us before committing to fight house.
    "Face punches are an essential character building part of a martial art. You don't truly love your children unless you allow them to get punched in the face." - chi-conspiricy
    "When I was a little boy, I had a sailor suit, but it didn't mean I was in the Navy." - Mtripp on the subject of a 5 year old karate black belt
    "Without actual qualifications to be a Zen teacher, your instructor is just another roundeye raping Asian culture for a buck." - Errant108
    "Seriously, who gives a **** what you or Errant think? You're Asian males, everyone just ignores you, unless you're in a krotty movie." - new2bjj

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/19/2010 4:21pm

Style: PTK / MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Right- I forgot fighthouse was being renovated. I guess that's why you guys were meeting at Sambo Steve's... I'll do some looking but anyone know anywhere offhand that we can rent space for a TD?

I feel like you eyeballin' me, dawg!

Posted On:
    12/01/2010 12:20pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo, JJJ, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I can look into seeing if I can use my judo club for the TD, but it is in Long Beach, 40 mins from Penn Station, direct shot.

I am interested either way. I want to spar with Squerli again. I don't have any bruises on my shins and I need some.
    Quote Originally Posted by Holy Moment View Post
    BJJ JOE: I'm going to make hate to you. Right here, right now.
    ... Ohhhhhhhh, I'm going to make hate to you so hard that your kinfolk back in Africa will feel it.l
    Quote Originally Posted by Archer
    Karate is the Dane Cook of martial arts

Posted On:
    12/01/2010 12:25pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    darkphoenix,

there has been a very poor turnout from nyc based bullies at long island throwdowns. i know that i for one won't get on the LIRR for a throwdown, but i also avoid the LIRR at almost any cost as i find it to be a horrible experience.

i don't think sambo steve is actively reading the board now, but he has an open mat every sunday, so if someone wants to contact him, there's a good chance that it could still happen this month.
    "Face punches are an essential character building part of a martial art. You don't truly love your children unless you allow them to get punched in the face." - chi-conspiricy
    "When I was a little boy, I had a sailor suit, but it didn't mean I was in the Navy." - Mtripp on the subject of a 5 year old karate black belt
    "Without actual qualifications to be a Zen teacher, your instructor is just another roundeye raping Asian culture for a buck." - Errant108
    "Seriously, who gives a **** what you or Errant think? You're Asian males, everyone just ignores you, unless you're in a krotty movie." - new2bjj

I feel like you eyeballin' me, dawg!

Posted On:
    12/01/2010 12:43pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo, JJJ, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ming Loyalist View Post
    darkphoenix,

there has been a very poor turnout from nyc based bullies at long island throwdowns. i know that i for one won't get on the LIRR for a throwdown, but i also avoid the LIRR at almost any cost as i find it to be a horrible experience.
    That makes sense. I know there are quite a few LI bullies, but most are out east. Oh well, figured I would offer up the spot, since it was offered to me for Sunday SJJ workouts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Holy Moment View Post
    BJJ JOE: I'm going to make hate to you. Right here, right now.
    ... Ohhhhhhhh, I'm going to make hate to you so hard that your kinfolk back in Africa will feel it.l
    Quote Originally Posted by Archer
    Karate is the Dane Cook of martial arts

Posted On:
    12/06/2010 12:01am

Join us... or die
     Style: Hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So... SamboSteve's on the 12th?

Posted On:
    12/06/2010 12:04am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Squerlli View Post
    So... SamboSteve's on the 12th?
    not unless someone has contacted him and asked. i haven't.

Posted On:
    12/06/2010 1:45am

Join us... or die
     Style: sambo/crossfit

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You idiots couldn't organize a two car parade! I'll ask Steve about his space. We're flying to PA for the holidays so the 18th might work. Stand by...
    Many things we do naturally become difficult only when we try to make them intellectual subjects. It is possible to know so much about a subject that you become totally ignorant.
    -Mentat Text Two (dicto)

Posted On:
    12/06/2010 8:59am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    hey hey, now... i've made it clear in the past, that while i am happy to attend these events, bring extra sparring gear, offer my advice and even act as a throwing/choking dummy, i will not be organizing these anymore.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 12 3 LastLast