Posted On:
    11/11/2010 2:22am

Style: BJJ, Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by TrueKarateKid View Post
    Koscheck remains an asshole.
    This sums it up for me.

Cody was looking good for a while there, he could very well develop into a good, entertaining fighter. Hope they give him fights in the future.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/11/2010 2:31am

Style: Judo (noob) & BJJ (noob)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by neoex View Post
    This sums it up for me.

Cody was looking good for a while there, he could very well develop into a good, entertaining fighter. Hope they give him fights in the future.
    Hope he'll start training at a good camp, they will get him in better shape and fine tune his technique a bit.
    Kid could do well.:thumbsup:
    Last edited by Gidi; 11/11/2010 2:35am at .

Posted On:
    11/11/2010 3:58am

Join us... or die
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by MMAMickey View Post
    Has anyone else noticed Sako's judo doesn't seem to be all that great?
    Doesn't to me, but then again he's not really done any Judo, in the octagon. My coach always says Judo doesn't work in MMA and he was a national champion. I think that Judoka don't work in MMA, in other words, Judoka just don't seem to be able to stick to or work a Judo game plan in MMA.

The only recent fight I've seen where a Judoka has had a good Judo game plan and stuck to it was Ishii vs Minowa.

POWERRR!

Posted On:
    11/11/2010 4:17am

Join us... or die
     Style: Boxing.MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    He kept clinching and the ouchi gari against the cage was there for the taking, he just didnt. Instead he got thrown through the air.

I get how alot of judo throws end up not working no gi because of sweat, but the reaps and sweeps are probably some of the most efficient and effective clinch takedowns.
    "The hero and the coward both feel the same thing, but the hero projects his fear onto his opponent while the coward runs. 'Fear'. It's the same thing, but it's what you do with it that matters". - Cus D'Amato
    Spoiler:

Posted On:
    11/11/2010 4:42am

Join us... or die
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by MMAMickey View Post
    He kept clinching and the ouchi gari against the cage was there for the taking, he just didnt. Instead he got thrown through the air.

I get how alot of judo throws end up not working no gi because of sweat, but the reaps and sweeps are probably some of the most efficient and effective clinch takedowns.
    I'd have to watch the episode again but I think he tried it a few times and moved Brookings a little but not much and then did a few half hearted Ko soto gake attempts which again didn't seem to trouble Brookings too much.

Maybe we're majorly underestimating Brooking's base and takedown defence.

Any Judoka in MMA who has their opponent against the fence should be hitting O uchi gari immediately in my view. I've lost count about the number of times I've watched the UFC and been yelling O uchi at the TV.

Then again its really easy to sit on my arse with a beer and shout out instructions, I don't know what its like to actually be there in that situation.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/11/2010 4:46am

Style: Judo (noob) & BJJ (noob)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by judoka_uk View Post
    Any Judoka in MMA who has their opponent against the fence should be hitting O uchi gari immediately in my view. I've lost count about the number of times I've watched the UFC and been yelling O uchi at the TV.
    I was at the IFC genesis show 2 days ago, and Sokodjou had his opponent pressed against the cage, and I remember yelling O-uchi-gari, and then he pulled it and dropped the guy, It was pretty sweet.
    I'm not saying he heard me and did it, but hey, you never know...:icon_wink

Knock-off Cthulhu

Posted On:
    11/11/2010 7:43am

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Like danno I thought that was how Cody's match was going to go. Strong start, gassed finish and succumbing to punches.

Extra bonus for Nam body shot finish.

Brookins keeps on impressing the hell out of me. It'll be interesting to see who he will face in the semis.
    Curiosity killed the cat. But damn it had a blast.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/11/2010 8:14am

Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Cody doesn't really do anything well except the guillotine, does he? "Unorthodox" is one thing; "sloppy" is another. I was disappointed that Nam didn't step in and KO him while he was winding up for one of those ridiculous kicks.

Not hatin'... just saying his "style" is a mess, especially when he's gassing.

POWERRR!

Posted On:
    11/11/2010 8:33am

Join us... or die
     Style: Boxing.MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    in striking 'unorthodox' generally means sloppy. Just look at Keith Jardine, it works for him but any mt or boxing coach would have a field day.
    "The hero and the coward both feel the same thing, but the hero projects his fear onto his opponent while the coward runs. 'Fear'. It's the same thing, but it's what you do with it that matters". - Cus D'Amato
    Spoiler:

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/11/2010 8:34am

Style: Watching from the stands

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Robstafarian View Post
    I was rooting for Cody until the two minute mark (time elapsed) of Round 1, then I remembered that Nam Phan deserves to be in the UFC at least as much as anyone on the show—possibly more than some people on the show.
    Yeah I had him picked to be a finalist after his first fight. Even if by some fluke he doesn't make the final he'll get a UFC contract, he's too good to pass on. Although in a way I'm hoping he loses because he's Koscheks only legit chance at beating GSP for bragging rights, and I don't think Koschek deserves to win this season.

Also, the hell is up with Sako and the fence grab? Dude's just labeled himself for life on national tv. Wouldn't shock me if in future bouts refs don't even bother giving a second warning and just take a point off.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 12 34 LastLast