Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/10/2010 8:09pm

Style: Watching from the stands

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

The Ultimate Fighter GSP vs Koschek Episode 9

This episode clearly showed who, IMO, the two front runners are to win it all. Brookins is simply dominant once he gets into the clinch and Phan has got sick power once he gets his range. Just my thoughts though, what are yours?

Can Brookins win in a more stand-up fight? Is the fence going to be Phans Achilles heel? Will Koschek ever stop acting like a retard?

REACT TO ME!

Or not, it's all good.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/10/2010 8:13pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I frankly didn't see that Cody loss coming...I knew Brookins was going to tap the other cat. Cody dominating and then gassing and getting knocked out was unexpected. But yeah when he gassed it was sad to watch.

Kosheck played the jerk well this week...as he actually had something to be jerky about.....

Can't wait till next week to watch Bruce Leroy get owned.....

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/10/2010 8:16pm

Style: Shitoryu Karate and BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I thought Cody held up pretty respectably in this fight. He put on a good show, and I wouldn't say he's got much to be ashamed of.

Koscheck remains an asshole.

Quote Originally Posted by RaiderFunk View Post
    Can't wait till next week to watch Bruce Leroy get owned.....
    Seconded.

Posted On:
    11/10/2010 8:21pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeah I am kind of bummed about Cody but that is how it is sometimes a lot of the guys I roll with liked him but didn't think he was going to go all the way.

Posted On:
    11/10/2010 8:54pm

Style: None

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I was rooting for Cody until the two minute mark (time elapsed) of Round 1, then I remembered that Nam Phan deserves to be in the UFC at least as much as anyone on the show—possibly more than some people on the show.

Bas Rutten taught me to love liver shots (ok, so that one probably landed on a floating rib).

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    11/10/2010 11:27pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    cody actually lost exactly how i expected him to. nam didn't allow him to set up a sub, and didn't allow his head to be anywhere near where cody wanted it to be. nam used defensive grappling and picked him off with strikes.

during the first round i could see cody was going to gas. very few people can work that hard without running out of steam within a couple of minutes. nam used very little energy in comparison.

great work nam.

POWERRR!

Posted On:
    11/10/2010 11:49pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Boxing.MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm liking Nam about now. He also reminds me that I've been neglecting bodyshots lately.

and **** Kos
    "The hero and the coward both feel the same thing, but the hero projects his fear onto his opponent while the coward runs. 'Fear'. It's the same thing, but it's what you do with it that matters". - Cus D'Amato
    Spoiler:

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/11/2010 12:46am

Style: Judo (noob) & BJJ (noob)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Good episode.
    I was surprised by Brookins, I expected him to win, and in the pre-fight interviews it really looked as if Sako was scared. What surprised me on the other hand was the fact he got that beautiful lateral throw on a world-class Judoka, that was impressive. The rest was over soon after.

For the Cody fight, I had Nam winning it, but was surprised at the kind of pressure Cody was able to put him in. But Nam was calm and handled it, his striking, cardio and composure really won that fight for him. I was impressed.

POWERRR!

Posted On:
    11/11/2010 12:49am

Join us... or die
     Style: Boxing.MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Has anyone else noticed Sako's judo doesn't seem to be all that great?
    "The hero and the coward both feel the same thing, but the hero projects his fear onto his opponent while the coward runs. 'Fear'. It's the same thing, but it's what you do with it that matters". - Cus D'Amato
    Spoiler:

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/11/2010 1:51am

Style: Bartitsu&German Longsword

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Nam is an older and experienced fighter. He is efficient and capable. He looks like he will fight in the UFC soon.

Cody is a charismatic wild card. He looks like he will be a fan favorite. I hope he gets more experience and training so that he gets to fight in the UFC.

In a couple of years someone from the show should go up a class and beat Koschek. I wonder who that will be, maybe Brookins?
Page 1 of 4 1 234 LastLast