Sponsored Links Spacer Image

pro nonsense self defense

Posted On:
    11/11/2010 8:45am

supporting member
     Style: FMA, dumbek, Indian clubs

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Rabbit, you better not be trying to program kata dante into your sparring robot!

You know me...the snakebite hiss, the Devil's Grip, the Iron Fist

Posted On:
    11/11/2010 12:37pm

supporting member
     Style: Hung Fist, BJJ, Qi Gong

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by CodosDePiedra View Post
    Rabbit, you better not be trying to program kata dante into your sparring robot!
    The Kata Dante is way too absurd to be programmed into a workable control script.

I can't post screenshots from this book without violating copyright but here's a gem from the 5th technique in the kata, which involves a picture of a masked ninja attacking a redneck in sleeveless camo T-shirt and gi pants:

"As you tear away the enemy's cheek with your left hand...."
    And of course the 9th technique which begins thus:

"As the enemy begins to slump forward from the effects of the previous technique, crush his sternum"

Posted On:
    11/11/2010 12:40pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    "As you tear away the enemy's cheek with your left hand...."

"As the enemy begins to slump forward from the effects of the previous technique, crush his sternum"

Kata dante actually sounds feasible if done by a killing robot.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/11/2010 12:42pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Is the killing robot available on DVD?

Posted On:
    11/11/2010 12:49pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Crushing Step View Post
    Is the killing robot available on DVD?
    Nope, only VHS.

Posted On:
    11/11/2010 12:51pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    There's video on utube of ashida kim and aguiar doing it

brb

found it

YouTube - William Aguiar vs. Ashida Kim (Kata Dante)

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/11/2010 12:52pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by CodosDePiedra View Post
    Nope, only VHS.
    Well there you have it OP, no count dante on video. But if you get to the flea market this weekend, some old fart will probably have a vhs player for sale, rummage up your spare laundry money and pony up. Once you've mastered the dance of death, do us a huge favor and create a youtube channel. I for one will surely take a look at what you learned, fair enough?

Posted On:
    11/11/2010 1:32pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I think I still have a copy of World’s Deadliest Fighting Secrets (1968) that my dad’s surfer friend gave me back in the day (I believe he ordered it from a comic book). I could learn the kata dante just for the hell of it.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/11/2010 4:16pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by princetalon View Post
    The reason I'd like to purchase a Dan-te DVD is because I'd like to know what Keehan actually taught. I heard that William Aguiar produced a DVD on what Keehan originally taught to his father. Anybody know where to purchase this DVD? Thanks.
    If you want to know what Keehan actually taught, come to Chicago and find some of his old students, or his students' students. Some are still teaching, mostly out of YMCAs and community center type places.

Before, he took on his whole "deadliest man alive" persona, Keehan taught Goju Shorei Karate. In fact, the first half of "Kata Dante" (right before the point where the guy goes apeshit and starts jumping up and down, trying to stomp on someone's head) is actually the very first form I learned when I was 9 years old taking a karate class at Chicago State University, back in the mid 80's. 15 years later, I started back up at another karate school taught by a different instructor who also happened to be under the Keehan lineage.

It may sound weird that I happened to find two different karate instructors, 15 years apart, that can both trace their lineage through Keehan, but it makes sense if you understand Chicago back in the 60's and early 70's. Chicago was a VERY segregated city, and most of the martial arts instructors back then didn't teach blacks. Keehan was the glaring exception. As a result, the majority of black karateka from that era trace their lineage through Keehan.

You may think that after becoming "Dante" that Keehan taught stuff that was so much more deadly and efficient. He didn't. EVERY video I have seen of "Dan-te" practitioners on youtube shows grown men that would get the living **** kicked out of them in a real street fight by the pre-teen and teenage kids in my karate class back in the 80's, no exaggeration. The adults I took goju shorei with 15 years later would absolutely rape the Dan-te guys with no Vaseline.

My overall experience with legit Keehan pre "Dan-te" karate was positive. The school did a lot of hard contact contiuous sparring, and the instructor required that students take some judo/jujutsu to round out their training. Their fighting skills were nowhere near that of a Kyokushi, Shidokan, or Muay Thai fighter, however they were light-years ahead of the Shotokan and Tae kwon do I had experienced.

You know me...the snakebite hiss, the Devil's Grip, the Iron Fist

Posted On:
    11/12/2010 12:26am

supporting member
     Style: Hung Fist, BJJ, Qi Gong

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lindz View Post
    There's video on utube of ashida kim and aguiar doing it

brb

found it

YouTube - William Aguiar vs. Ashida Kim (Kata Dante)
    Those guys are the loudest ninjas I've ever seen/heard. Aren't they supposed to use stealth or something?

I can imagine the 911 call
    "HELP! I just heard what I think is my neighbor's dog being assraped, or a ninja performing a deadly kata!"
    Amazing to see Kata Dante after 25 years of waiting for the Internet to be developed so someone could post a Youtube video of it and confirm what I figured out at age 12: it's bullshit.

You should see the actual book.:bssign:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12