Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/28/2007 9:45pm

Style: Karate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hi All!

Thank you TKD Black Belt for the roundabout explanation.

I went elsewhere to find info regarding and thread BUMPing and its disfavour within SOME internet forums.

I had originally posted a version of the above reply on the Ty-Ga Ju-Jitsu thread and thought I would edit (following supporting member
    Doctor X's recommendatios on paragraphs) & post here where it was more appropriate regarding my past experiences with Ty-Ga Karate. The "three years" comment was funny though.

Greetings
    RunningDog That does indeed sound familiar. I started a little after you left from the time you mentioned so I assume our paths never crossed.

What is your opinion on Ty-Ga from back then?
    I see you now have experience in Judo & BJJ which is more practical than high kicking and reverse punching.

Mr. odaconI will accept that OSU = Abbreviation for "Ohayou gozaimasu" in the Japanese language, a casual salutation.
    Many Karate Associations (
    UK & abroad) spell it OSS and whilst not as accurate, the term is clear enough and well "used" so I will continue as I see fit.
    However as it is all phonetic renderings of Japanese anyway....

Muppet? With regard to you wishing an "ass raping", Dublin insult or were you just having a crack?, (whose crack - I know not) upon me I take it you favour agressive Homosexual acts upon unwilling Heteros?
    You therefore are Big Bird from Sesame Street!

Jim Henson would be turning in his grave.....
    Last edited by Sushi-Boy; 1/28/2007 10:15pm at .

STOP POSTING!

Posted On:
    1/28/2007 9:51pm

supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    people who change their font size multiple times 9or at all, really) deserve an assraping

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/28/2007 9:56pm

Style: Karate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ha!

Alex, I was haing trouble with the fonts changing (of their own accord!) after I used copy & paste!

On yer Kiwi!

Posted On:
    1/29/2007 1:34pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Bits and pieces

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Sushi boy, firstly threads are revived when new information that is both important and interesting is unearthed. What you posted was trivial and twatty. Secondly, it was the "OSS" that got to me, as I ahbor Kratty in all its forms and "oss" is the warcry of the krattyka. Don't take it personal, you're just rubbish.

nail conditioning

Posted On:
    1/29/2007 6:16pm

Style: Rehab

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by MR SUSHI
    Greetings RunningDog That does indeed sound familiar. I started a little after you left from the time you mentioned so I assume our paths never crossed.
    I can't remember much about it. I was something between 7 and 9, so we're going back a bit. I vaguely remember doing katas, some padwork and no sparring, but like I say, the memory's hazy. Ignore the big nasty bullies, they just like playing rough with the new puppies.

Posted On:
    11/07/2007 12:23pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: TY-GA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    sounds right to me, i still train with soke gary
    i know people reckon its a crappy system, but i think you cant say much unti yo come give it a try yourself. ive been training for 12 years and its done a hell of a lot for me.
    not to be rude of course.

By the Hoary Hand of Hoggoth.....

Posted On:
    11/07/2007 2:09pm

Style: JKD & Mok'bara

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    WHY DID YOU RESSURECT THIS THREAD ON YOUR FIRST POST HERE YOU TOTAL SPAZWANK?

Boneheaded Optimist

Posted On:
    11/07/2007 2:39pm

supporting member
     Style: Wado Kai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hanniballistic has been dying for a chance to use his 'Thread Necromancer' card...

As for this Ty-Ga system, it's a derivative of Wado Ryu, which is all over England. I'm guessing that Gary just got tired of paying somebody else tribute. This World Head of Family Sokeship Council is another matter however.

Did anyone follow the link to their site and see who they claim as members? Among others, Al Dacascos, Maasaki Hatsumi, Stephen Hayes, and Wally Jay. Their site is very amateurish, and seems to be more focussed on each others press coverage than anything else.
    Quote Originally Posted by pauli
    i was once told that "do" means wrecking people's **** for your own philosophical betterment.

Quote Originally Posted by melvin_peebles
    I could be mistaking dumbness for delusion. I'll have to go dig out my DSM IV. It's great to have stumbled upon this site. The rich fauna and flora of mental dysfunction that exists in the martial arts is amazing. It's like the Galapagos.

By the Hoary Hand of Hoggoth.....

Posted On:
    11/07/2007 2:45pm

Style: JKD & Mok'bara

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Feryk
    Hanniballistic has been dying for a chance to use his 'Thread Necromancer' card...
    Don't make me tap my Golem....

Flyweight

Posted On:
    11/07/2007 3:57pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ, MT, MMA, CQB

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    He added information on the person's qualifications to a thread that would most likely come up if someone did a search for the person or dojo. I think perhaps the others in the thread need a refresher on what thread necromancy really is before jumping the gun and flaming someone for it.

Thank you sushi-boy for your informative post Gary Wasniewski's dan gradings, and thanks for having a thick skin. I think you'll do just fine here.
    :Determined:
    HTFU and join Bullshido on Fitocracy!
    http://ftcy.co/tBAxyj
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 12 3 LastLast