Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/12/2010 2:57pm

Style: BJJ, Boxing, Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lindz View Post
    Do you people have jobs? If not how do you pay for class and weed?
    male prostitute.

pro nonsense self defense

Posted On:
    11/12/2010 2:59pm

supporting member
     Style: FMA, dumbek, Indian clubs

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Edit: nevermind, OT.

Yours truly

Posted On:
    11/25/2010 2:28am

Business Class Supporting Member
     PDS Rifles Style: Univ. Florida Kickboxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Can't see the rest of the thread because of some forum error, but one of the schools I trained at basically had me do this for conditioning; 6-9 rounds of 3 minute sparring, about 85% intensity. Sometimes I'd do 4-5 rounds of 5 minute light boxing sparring. This is for leg kick matches with no clinch. I'd do that, and at the end of class do some ab, jump squats, push-ups and call it a day. Each sparring round at least 2 coaches would have their eyes on us and make sure that I'm working on whatever I was to work on that day. We did this twice a week.

On "off" days I run 3 miles to keep up the cardio.

I'm incredibly out of shape (I'm going to upload a vide of me with a gut and shadow boxing soon) in this past week but I have a new goal of doing sub 6 minute miles, maybe I'll start a log of that and share on this thread.

Posted On:
    1/15/2011 4:11pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hmmm.

POWERRR!

Posted On:
    1/15/2011 5:55pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Boxing.MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm personally taking the adivce from the first two posts and puting it into my own training, so I won't comment on conditioning.

However, on the weights issue, without turning this thread into a weights vs no-weights debate I'd like to add that programs with low volume such as many 3x5 programs or, the program I'm currently using, 'Wendler's 5/3/1', will more than likely allow you to train at full intensity without hindering your fight training.

Also, Wendler's 5/3/1 is a 4-week periodisation program including a deload week - which IMO makes it perfect for pre-fight training.
    "The hero and the coward both feel the same thing, but the hero projects his fear onto his opponent while the coward runs. 'Fear'. It's the same thing, but it's what you do with it that matters". - Cus D'Amato
    Spoiler:

Featherweight

Posted On:
    3/27/2011 8:29pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Depends what phase of training I am in before a fight, or if I have one, if I need to cut weight, or add weight, ect.

For most guys, they do two 2 - 3 hour sessions each day. Corresponding activities the same day. For example, on a BJJ day, one would lift/condition the same day to get the body worked well. Another day would be stand-up then cardio/polymetrics later.

I tend to do things differently before a fight. I do not have time to do two three hour sessions, especially based upon how far some of my gyms are. So I wake up, work, go to BJJ/Ground Class or Lift. School. Then I go to my Muay Thai or Boxing Gym and do four-ish hours at either or. Obviously I am a striker. I then eat a big meal. In about two hours I do my running. HIIT for about two miles, and I run/jog 12/16 more.

I lift heavy to maintain what I have, and focus a lot on polymetrics, striking, ground transitions, and run conditioning. Depending on the fight/tournament, times vary from three minute rounds, five minute rounds, and one promotion I am working on fighting for does five two minute rounds. So I mix up my cardio a lot. It also helps me stay lean when I am not training for a fight.

1560 DeAnza Blvd San Jose, CA 95129, United States

Posted On:
    7/09/2013 2:49pm

Bullshido Newbie

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Fighters training schedule is very important in the life of Martial Artist. The schedule must be accurate and according to their fitness and health. Too much training can be harmful for the Martial Artist. In our school there is a great schedule of training. You can check the services of our school by clicking California Karate Academy.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123