Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Do you eat breakfast?

Posted On:
    11/09/2010 2:39am

supporting member
     Style: Kitty Pow Pow!!!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Make sure to have a focus when you're doing bag work. My biggest thing is continuous action, so try to stay totally focused on ALWAYS making some kind of motion which leads into and out of a combination (the combinations should be basically wired into your brain from all the rounds of mitt work you've done). The thing big thing is making a perpetual flow so that you're never hesitating or missing a bit, otherwise that's a wasted moment in front of that bag.

Oh yeah and my recommendation is that for the weeks leading up to the fight, train 3 minutes for added stamina, then around the last two weeks cut it down to 2 minutes to train yourself to be used to the fight pace.

Another thing is being able to do stuff without someone telling you what to do is something you NEED to cultivate if you want to be a fighter. The CD's are fine for casual training and working out for conditioning when you just feel like training, but a big part of fighting is that internal motivator, constantly pushing you and cultivating your focus.

Remember that when you're out there, your coaches voice is a distant echo and it's just you out there. You will be tired and hurt and in shitty situations and the ONLY thing that will help you is your ability to self motivate to do whatever needs to be done. This is one of the main reasons I think hard running and shadow boxing is important. Doing these things the CORRECT way require focus and mental endurance that is crucial to doing everything you can do to win a fight.

Also, the biggest problem I see with most people in their training is understanding the purpose behind what they're doing, having a goal, and staying focused on that goal from bell to bell. This is a huge part of what solo training exercises are about and it is very important that you consider this in your training.
    Ranked #9 internationally at 118lbs by WIKBA http://www.womenkickboxing.com/wikba...rch%202009.htm

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/09/2010 3:42pm

Style: MuayThai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    My last go-around as a fighter, I would do something like this....

Mondays & Wednesdays:
    1. Run approx. 2 miles during my lunchbreak, followed by about 10-15 minutes of stretching
    2. Go to YMCA and use Elliptical Machine for 30 minutes on intervals
    3. Short weight training circuit, hitting major muscle groups and focusing on compound movements when possible.
    4. MuayThai sparring at my buddies MMA gym (1 hour).

Tuesday & Thursday
    1. Run 2 miles during lunchbreak from work.
    2. Golds Gym for training with my strength coach
    3. Coach MuayThai (90 minutes), but working out with my students. My students knew I had a fight coming up, so I'd call out what each drill was, then instruct my students to do their best to keep up.

Fridays:
    Rest

Saturdays:
    1. 1 mile run to a HUGE set of stairs (166 stairs in all in avg. groups of 8 with long straightaways) Run up and down stairs 4-6 times, then light jog back home.
    2. MuayThai gym for 2 hours

Sundays:
    1. 1 mile run
    2. Coach MuayThai around noontime (2 hours), again students follow along while I train hard.
    3. Light afternoon workout at YMCA, some cardio and weights.

I didn't run every single day, but I would say I was averaging 8-10 miles of roadwork each week (running on avg. 4 days a week). I was hitting a total of 5 different gyms throughout the course of the week. The gym I coached at, my coaches MuayThai gym, my buddy's MMA gym, Golds and the YMCA. I skipped certain workouts throughout the week depending on how I was feeling or due to work/travel schedule, but for the most part the above schedule is consistent.

My typical MuayThai workouts were something to the effect of:

10 min warmup
    3 - 5 rounds of shadowboxing (3-5 min rounds)
    3 - 5 rounds of heavy bag
    3 - 5 rounds of pad work
    3 - 5 rounds of clinchwork
    3 - 5 rounds sparring

When I went to the MMA gym, it was almost entirely sparring and conditioning. We would spar up to 10 rounds (sometimes more) and do about 5 rounds of heavy conditioning work.

STOP POSTING!

Posted On:
    11/09/2010 4:44pm

supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    well if you can keep up it usually gopes something like this-

roll out of bed at 5am

go to work and get punched in the face for money for a couple of hours. coffee. maybe 2 coffees depending on how much **** talking is going down in the gym cafe.

load shitloads of weight onto the benchpress, do 3 reps, stand around for a few minutes, do 3 more. repeat 6 times. maybe do squats and chins if i feel energetic (may require another coffee, or a V)

get punched in the face for more cash

if my legs don't hurt ill go for a run and brag about my times to the gym manager. i round up for distance and down for time. another coffee.usually a spa after this where i attempt to suck in my stomach while walking around the pool.

more facepunchcash.

go along to kickboxing with the intent of doing both classes, probably only do one though. pair up with my girlfriend cos shes super short and i dont have to kick very high with my gammy hip. on monday and sat mornings we spar, where ill complain that everyone is fucking twice my size, then get injured in some way. always land at least one bruce lee style side kick though.

finish the day off with booze if i dont have to work early the next day. usually beer, girlfriend has banned me from drinking jim beam and coke because i turn into a raging asshole.

YMMV, but im undefeated following this training protocol.
    Last edited by alex; 11/09/2010 4:48pm at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/10/2010 6:23am

Style: BJJ, Boxing, Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    9 AM wake up, smoke a bowl

10AM bjj for 2-3 hours

1pm smoke a bowl

4pm smoke a bowl/bong

5pm go to the gym hour early because I'm high. start rolling around and stretching and kicking the bag until a friend shows up to start rolling

6pm bjj class 2 hours
    7-8pm woo kickboxing, the people who do MMA pair of and train mma/start sparring

10PM get home, smoke more weed.

(sometimes, I go on a run if the weather isn't too bad and I'm not too lazy.)

fight day; rely on triangle.

I'm undefeated with this training schedule.

Posted On:
    11/10/2010 11:33am

Join us... or die
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Do you people have jobs? If not how do you pay for class and weed?

pro nonsense self defense

Posted On:
    11/10/2010 12:57pm

supporting member
     Style: FMA, dumbek, Indian clubs

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I think Syphilis is Eddie Bravo, so I guess he gets royalties and whatnot.

STOP POSTING!

Posted On:
    11/10/2010 1:57pm

supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lindz View Post
    Do you people have jobs? If not how do you pay for class and weed?
    my job involves getting punched in the face for cash. earns lots.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/10/2010 4:27pm

Style: BacktoSanshou, nogiBJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    My schedule goes like this:

Monday: Muay Thai (pad work, sparring in 3-2 minute rounds, shadow boxing)
    Tuesday: Karate (sparring, no "katas", this is MMA for crying out loud)
    Wednesday: BJJ (learn new submissions, roll for about 15-20 minutes)
    Thursday-Friday: MMA (mix everything up, sparring in 3-5 minute rounds)

That's just during the week. I do train on Saturdays, but not Sundays

Posted On:
    11/11/2010 3:44pm

Style: LOL GUNFU

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Monday: 4:30am run for about 5.2 miles, rest&relax w/ shower. Muay Thai/Boxing @ 6:30 pm

tuesday: 5:00 am run for about 6 miles, sit ups, push ups, alot of abdominal excersises. Muay Thai at 6:30 pm for about two hours.

Im going to start mixing it up more. I do alot of the same stuff.. I'm going to definently add in Shadowboxing

to the OP, do alot of Shadow Boxing before/after a workout session.

don't forget the food and water :D I learned the hard way -.-

Posted On:
    11/12/2010 12:49am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thanks for your input guys. I'm getting 3 sessions a week and 2 days of strength and conditioning currently. Like I posted before tho I don't do nearly enough pad or bag work. Tons of sparring.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 12 3 LastLast