Featherweight

Posted On:
    11/08/2010 11:44am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Brazilain Jiu Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Red Dawn Combat Club

Great place to train for beginners as well as those who have prior grappling experience. At RDCC you get what you are looking for. For those who want to compete there are training partners for that as well as for those who do not. Everyone gets personal attention and the instructor(s) ensure all understand techniques as well as philosophy for every move and method.

Please check out the RDCC youtube channel for some clips of the class.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/reddawncombatclub

Posted On:
    11/08/2010 11:59am

supporting memberstaff
     Style: Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Surfing Facebook at work? Spread the good word by adding us on Facebook today! https://www.facebook.com/Bullshido

Featherweight

Posted On:
    11/08/2010 12:16pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I have adjusted the ratings. my intention was not to take advantage of the system. sorry if that was how it came across.

Posted On:
    11/08/2010 12:26pm

supporting memberstaff
     Style: Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It is not about adjusting your ratings. It is about using the guideline to communicate to all our lovely viewers why your school, or the one you rate deserves such a rating.

Please update your post to show why your school deserves such a rating.
    Surfing Facebook at work? Spread the good word by adding us on Facebook today! https://www.facebook.com/Bullshido

Featherweight

Posted On:
    11/08/2010 12:39pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ok. Here is why I have rated Red Dawn Combat Club as such.

The school itself is one where people can come and train Brazilian Jiu Jitsu without the fear of getting hurt. The school has been in operation for over a year and a half and there have been no major injuries, thankfully.

Everyone in the school helps each other by training intelligently and not just intensely. The instructor really focuses on ensuring the people pay as much
    attention to doing a move properly as making sure they get enough rounds of
    rolling in.

For those who want to compete our school also has an impressive record of accomplishment in its short history. We have placed and won medals at several competitions including, the Good Fight, the OTM Regionals, and the NJ State BJJ Federatoin Championships.

Besides great BJJ training, the school is truly dedicated to helping people get in better shape. Many of our students came to us with the goal of losing weight and have done just that. Once example is a former Semi Pro football player and competitive powerlifter who lost over 60 pounds after five months of training while dramatically increasing his heart health that allowed him to place 2nd in his first competition.

Our school is all about the individual student and makes sure everyone is happy and improving their health along with their Jiu Jitsu.

And FYI, we will be adding Striking down the road. So keep your hear tothe grind stone.

solves problems with violence

Posted On:
    11/08/2010 12:41pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo, Hung Family Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    you might want to list the instructors, and their ranks/lineage/accomplishments, as well as any members of the fight team who have records.

also might be good to talk about the location and equipment, and what you think sets the place apart from the other schools in the area.

is the name a reference to the 80s movie or is there some other connection?
    "Face punches are an essential character building part of a martial art. You don't truly love your children unless you allow them to get punched in the face." - chi-conspiricy
    "When I was a little boy, I had a sailor suit, but it didn't mean I was in the Navy." - Mtripp on the subject of a 5 year old karate black belt
    "Without actual qualifications to be a Zen teacher, your instructor is just another roundeye raping Asian culture for a buck." - Errant108
    "Seriously, who gives a **** what you or Errant think? You're Asian males, everyone just ignores you, unless you're in a krotty movie." - new2bjj

Featherweight

Posted On:
    11/08/2010 2:13pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ming Loyalist View Post
    you might want to list the instructors, and their ranks/lineage/accomplishments, as well as any members of the fight team who have records.

also might be good to talk about the location and equipment, and what you think sets the place apart from the other schools in the area.

The instructor is Michael Botier. He has 21 years of Martial Arts experience. He holds Black Belts in Hapkido and Kyokushin Karate. He is a BJJ Purple Belt under Leonardo Xavier who is a 3rd Degree Black Belt under Royler Gracie.

Checkout our youtube channel for vids.
    Attached Images  

Posted On:
    11/09/2010 9:40am

Join us... or die
     Style: Trad Ju Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

That was my assumption. Here in old Blighty, that film tanked big time. No one would want to see such crap. The idea is just absolutely ridiculous and pure Barking Mad McCarthyism updated.

For us - it would just lack any credibility.

"Independence Day"? When POTUS went for the N Option, we just Groaned.

Apart for that GodAwful title, it doesn't look too bad. :happy:

Featherweight

Posted On:
    11/09/2010 2:15pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Its somewhat of a play on the 80s movie title. The funny thing is most of our students are either from the former Soviet Union or Asia, but that is just by coincidence.

i think the name is actually pretty badass.

solves problems with violence

Posted On:
    11/09/2010 4:30pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo, Hung Family Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    then the name is pretty funny. cool.

i mean if laimon can name his BJJ school "cobra kai" then really, all bets are off! good luck with the school!
    "Face punches are an essential character building part of a martial art. You don't truly love your children unless you allow them to get punched in the face." - chi-conspiricy
    "When I was a little boy, I had a sailor suit, but it didn't mean I was in the Navy." - Mtripp on the subject of a 5 year old karate black belt
    "Without actual qualifications to be a Zen teacher, your instructor is just another roundeye raping Asian culture for a buck." - Errant108
    "Seriously, who gives a **** what you or Errant think? You're Asian males, everyone just ignores you, unless you're in a krotty movie." - new2bjj
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast