Page 2 of 2 First 12
  1. #11
    Squerlli's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    NO! SLEEP! TILL BROOKLYN!
    Posts
    3,683
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Nice art.

    On Topic: If you can't fight then **** like waking up, eating, drinking, breathing, etc... is fucking pointless. If you don't want to fight though then just don't. You'll know when you need a fight. Whether it's hard sparring at the gym to help some that you're training or maybe one day even fighting during the Queens birthday or something just do what you gotta do.

  2. #12

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    73
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I've done a bit of drawing, painting and 'art' stuff myself, and I have to say I like your work, KidSpatula, especially the pastels. Checked out your gallery ... your rainforest particularly impressed. Good technique! I like the composition especially, and the way it draws you in. :)

  3. #13

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    NZ
    Posts
    379
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Squerlli View Post
    Nice art.

    On Topic: If you can't fight then **** like waking up, eating, drinking, breathing, etc... is fucking pointless. If you don't want to fight though then just don't. You'll know when you need a fight. Whether it's hard sparring at the gym to help some that you're training or maybe one day even fighting during the Queens birthday or something just do what you gotta do.
    Yanno?? i'm gonna disagree a bit here.

    its going to depend on what you want at the end. If you want to be remembered then you have to fight,if you don't feel like it then tough ****,get in there and fight. Being at the top level isn't all rainbows and puppies,sometimes you're gonna feel like **** and lifes gonna get in the way, (but you know that already),but you still gotta get in there and perform.

    You want to make a name that will be known for your willingness and ability to put on a fight,and a good fight at that. That gets around and then more opportunities appear. If you start not fighting,or finding reasons to turn down fights?? then that too gets around.

    Sorry,i think its either one of those "suck it up and fight" type things OR "what do you really want to do? and what are you willing to do to get there?" things.

  4. #14
    Squerlli's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    NO! SLEEP! TILL BROOKLYN!
    Posts
    3,683
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    On the highest professional level you're very right Phil, you gotta fight. Sometimes even when you're battered, bruised and broken. Hell you gotta do that just to GET there, god knows wtf it takes to be the best once you get there.

  5. #15
    gregaquaman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Arlie Beach
    Posts
    2,727
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Is it worthwhile having a chat to a perfomance coach or something like that?

  6. #16

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    84
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You fight male fighters?

  7. #17

    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Poland
    Posts
    152
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by KidSpatula View Post
    I was going to ask about the furry artwork but then I saw the names of Tobin and Beksinski in your profile, realized your awesome and decided to headbutt a wall few times to forget about it.

    BTW- Beksinski's name was Zdzislaw. I should know- my mother is a curator, she knew the guy and co-organized one of his exhibitions.

  8. #18
    Torakaka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Kaka village
    Posts
    10,642
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Conde Koma View Post
    gotta say, never pegged you as the furry/cat-girl/anime type. go figure.
    lol, I'm really not, I'm just on a furry/kitty girl kick at the moment. I pretty much do a little bit of every genre.



    Quote Originally Posted by Conde Koma View Post
    anyhow, i figure it's about sorting your priorities out, right? i dunno how much ring life you have left, but assuming your injuries haven't become a chronic condition, i see no reason not to train hard and coach in your off-/recovery-time. it's all the "normal life" stuff that you need to decide if you want to keep doing, really.
    I'd say I have a good 5 years left before my fight performance peaks and I don't plan on retiring completely for at least another 10, so I've got a decent number of years left to make my mark.

    I got a hairline fracture in my hand about a year ago during sparring which kept me out of training for around 6 months and then this knee thing, but other than that I've been totally injury free during my 5 years of rigorous competition and dedication to training.

    There is no question whatsoever about continuing to train or fight, it's just a matter of my feeling guilty about the time I DO take off and how much I enjoy it lol. When you're always getting ready for the next competition, a reason to not train for a while can be nice bit of relief from stress and such.
    Ranked #9 internationally at 118lbs by WIKBA http://www.womenkickboxing.com/wikba...rch%202009.htm

  9. #19
    Torakaka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Kaka village
    Posts
    10,642
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by keyoz View Post
    I was going to ask about the furry artwork but then I saw the names of Tobin and Beksinski in your profile, realized your awesome and decided to headbutt a wall few times to forget about it.

    BTW- Beksinski's name was Zdzislaw. I should know- my mother is a curator, she knew the guy and co-organized one of his exhibitions.
    That's awesome! But really, look through my gallery and you'll see the "furry" stuff only makes up like 5% of my art :P
    Ranked #9 internationally at 118lbs by WIKBA http://www.womenkickboxing.com/wikba...rch%202009.htm

  10. #20
    Torakaka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Kaka village
    Posts
    10,642
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BCS View Post
    I've done a bit of drawing, painting and 'art' stuff myself, and I have to say I like your work, KidSpatula, especially the pastels. Checked out your gallery ... your rainforest particularly impressed. Good technique! I like the composition especially, and the way it draws you in. :)
    That's much appreciated! I know this going to sound a bit "kung fu" coming from me, but art and fighting are really very closely linked for me. I get a similar sort of emotional satisfaction from creating art as I do from training and fighting.
    Ranked #9 internationally at 118lbs by WIKBA http://www.womenkickboxing.com/wikba...rch%202009.htm

Page 2 of 2 First 12

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO