Featherweight

Posted On:
    11/04/2010 2:46pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: bjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Ferrara MMA

This is a guy I trained under 6 years ago in upstate NY. He is a **** bag like Jay Shannon Russell (found to be a fraud on this forum previously). He had to move his school many times because of his problems with partners or students or the owners of the gyms he was teaching at. He is claimng he has 3 black belts, Judo, Japanese Jiu jitsu and, BJJ. He did get his BJJ black belt from Marcos Santos.( After not training for 3 yrs, he went from 4 stripe purple to opening his school and getting a brown belt. Nine months later he was given a black belt.) He will not roll with anyone and his ego is way out of check. Always bad mouthing other schools and their instructors to anyone who will listen. He claims a great MMA record of 4-1, but fought only 1 time and lost. His tournament record is suspect also, as he never competes. Here are his claims from his website. http://ferraramma.com/ I'm calling BS on his claims!
    Last edited by real faixa roxa; 11/04/2010 2:51pm at .

Featherweight

Posted On:
    11/04/2010 2:54pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Charles-Ferrara-20615 sherdog has him listed 0-1 in mma.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/04/2010 3:13pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    he appears to be a douche and lying about his official mma record...but is it really bullshido?

I know plenty of martial art douche bags but his black belt is legit with a lineage. Not rolling is not a sign of bullshido. I know plenty of instructors that do not roll with their beginning students or at all. Sure, their ego may make them fear being tapped.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/04/2010 5:21pm

Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    seems he may of modified his mma record, have you any reason to believe that he is not a legitmate Judo or JJJ Black Belt ?

his BJJ lineage seems legitimate.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/04/2010 5:24pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by real faixa roxa View Post
    This is a guy I trained under 6 years ago in upstate NY.

what contact have you had with him since you finshed training there ?

Banzai Buddy

Posted On:
    11/04/2010 5:40pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Nothing - yet

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Where precisely is he making the '4-1 in MMA' claim?

His bio is here:
    http://www.ferraramma.com/charlie.html
    Quote Originally Posted by the link above
    Charles J. Ferrara
    Competing since age nine where he won numerous championships in wrestling, Judo and Jiu-jitsu.

• 1997 1st Annual Winter Whirlwind Tournament- GOLD MEDALIST (presented by KIPP KOLLAR)

• 1998 Vermont Open Grappling Championship-SILVER MEDALIST Advanced Division

• 1998 (NAGA) North American Grappling Championship- GOLD MEDALIST Advanced Division

• 1999 Mat Madness-Judo-GOLD MEDALIST Advanced Division

• 2000-2004 (NAGA) North American Grappling Championship- GOLD, SILVER, and BRONZE MEDALIST Advanced Division

• 2001-2004 Competed in several superfights in NAGA tournaments

• 2002 Competed in Reality Fighting Superfight Main Event

• 2005 NYC Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu Tournaments- SILVER MEDALIST

Currently holds a Black Belt under Marcos Santos in Brazilian Jiu-jitsu, a Black Belt in Judo, and a 2nd Degree Black Belt in Japanese Jiu-jitsu.

'2002 Competed in Reality Fighting Superfight Main Event' is probably a reference to the fight listed on Sherdog.

NAGA's online results archive only goes back to Aug, 2004 - but I suppose that his medal claims will be checkable, should one be so inclined.

http://www.nysbjjfederation.com/adults1105.php
    A reference here to him taking a second place in the New York State BJJ Federation New York Open, Nov 2005. This may be what he's referring to when he states '2005 NYC Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu Tournaments- SILVER MEDALIST'.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/04/2010 5:44pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    i think OP is suggesting that his 4-1 MMA claim is verbal, at the gym.

Banzai Buddy

Posted On:
    11/04/2010 6:10pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I've emailed NAGA with regards to the various medals Mr. Ferrara states that he won at their events from 1998 onwards. If I receive confirmation/denial from them, I will post it here.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    11/05/2010 11:46am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    His BJJ lineage is legit, but went from 4 stripe purple to BB in 9 months. Mr. ferrara claims to be a judo BB , he said a local teacher gave him a black belt. This teacher is no longer in the area to verify this. Jim Hrbek is the teachers name. He IS a 5th or 6th degree judo BB. I have trained at his school 5years ago when a friend of mine was training there. I only went there a dozen or so times sporadically. Mr. ferrara was never there that I or anyone else saw. His Japanese JJ BB was as he says " given to him by a 3rd degree BB , after he and 2 other guys in the school beat the JJJ bb repeatedly on the ground." One of the other guys is Jay Russell(found to be a fraud here also) who said the JJJ bb never promoted anyone and, only said that the guys were really good. This guy also had a habit of beating up drunks while his friends were bouncing. he wasn't even working at the bar, just hanging out. My contact with him is hardly at all, don't like or respect him or the fact he lies to people to make money off of the lies. Fact is; he never trained in judo or JJJ and got a BB yet he uses these claims to get people in the door at his MMA school.
    Last edited by real faixa roxa; 11/05/2010 11:51am at .

Banzai Buddy

Posted On:
    11/05/2010 1:01pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by real faixa roxa View Post
    His BJJ lineage is legit, but went from 4 stripe purple to BB in 9 months. Mr. ferrara claims to be a judo BB , he said a local teacher gave him a black belt. This teacher is no longer in the area to verify this. Jim Hrbek is the teachers name. He IS a 5th or 6th degree judo BB. I have trained at his school 5years ago when a friend of mine was training there. I only went there a dozen or so times sporadically. Mr. ferrara was never there that I or anyone else saw. His Japanese JJ BB was as he says " given to him by a 3rd degree BB , after he and 2 other guys in the school beat the JJJ bb repeatedly on the ground." One of the other guys is Jay Russell(found to be a fraud here also) who said the JJJ bb never promoted anyone and, only said that the guys were really good. This guy also had a habit of beating up drunks while his friends were bouncing. he wasn't even working at the bar, just hanging out. My contact with him is hardly at all, don't like or respect him or the fact he lies to people to make money off of the lies. Fact is; he never trained in judo or JJJ and got a BB yet he uses these claims to get people in the door at his MMA school.
    What did Mr Hrbek (now 7th dan) say when you emailed him to ask whether he had, in fact awarded Mr. Ferrara a Judo black belt?

http://universaljudo.com/hrbek_judo_resume01.html
    http://universaljudo.com/contact.html
Page 1 of 6 1 2345 ... LastLast