Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    11/07/2010 10:46pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by RumbleFish View Post
    This is my first time watching TUF, so I don't know about how they go about the editing and the marketing and the what-nots, but do you guys think maybe some of that nonsense is scripted? I don't really buy into "reality" shows.
    Been years now since I've seen it, but ISTR that Koscheck was an ass in season one when he was a contestant. His behavior now isn't that surprising.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/07/2010 11:44pm

Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Koschface's hilarious sillyness aside: did anyone else notice Dana's significant man-boobs at the quarterfinals discussion? Looks like he's been laying off the boxersice for a bit too long.

Posted On:
    11/07/2010 11:59pm

Style: None

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Monsieur View Post
    Koschface's hilarious sillyness aside: did anyone else notice Dana's significant man-boobs at the quarterfinals discussion? Looks like he's been laying off the boxersice for a bit too long.

If you're going to start ragging on Dana's appearance, at least have the decency to start with the shoes he stole from Mr. Rogers.

Posted On:
    11/10/2010 7:57am

Style: Sub-Grap/MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Finally watched this episode.

There's no way Marc Stephens should have been given that wildcard. I think the producers had a massive influence on this especially considering they put him in a match that stylistically should have suited him perftectly.(thankfully he still lost)

"Maybe Josh Koscheck is'nt gay but his mouth has 219 reviews on Yelp."

BJJ wins again!

Posted On:
    11/11/2010 4:25pm

supporting member
     Style: Guns

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    OK, I just watched the video that people said made Koschek look better. I don't really see it.

Basically, the medic did everything Koscheck does, and he did it all a little bit better. He comes off as a loudmouth who should have shut up and walked away, but Koscheck looks no better.

Koscheck has suddenly decided that there's a line? And you cross it if you talk **** to the fighters, because they made sacrifices to be there and they're chasing a dream?
    Did the fighters on the other team not make sacrifices? Are they not chasing their dream of being The Ultimate Fighter (tm), so it's OK to treat them like **** as part of your half-assed strategy to get into their coach's head?

Sevak has suddenly discovered that it's not gentlemanly to make fun of someone who speaks English with an accent? When his entire team was doing it to GSP, it was all in good fun, but when it happens to him we're suddenly threatening to knife somebody? And it's too much trouble for Koscheck to turn around and say, "Sevak, cool it with that knife stuff. We're just talking here."

The self-serving dishonesty of Koscheck to sit down with that medic and tell him the whole thing was the medic's fault because he talked about the fighters, and he could say anything--ANYTHING, bro!--to Koscheck, but just never ever to talk about the fighters . . . . anyone can watch the tape and see what makes Koscheck lose it, and it' the 5th-grade level taunting about the knee. There's no way to take that as aimed at anyone but Koscheck. The guy is just lying through his teeth.

The thing I have so much trouble getting through to middle-school students from the ghetto is the same thing Koscheck and Sevak and the rest are having so much trouble with: you can never beat people up badly enough to make them respect you. If you act like an asshole, that's exactly what you are. If you're in the wrong, but you beat up the guy who was in the right (or stab him, or shoot him) you don't become right and he doesn't become wrong. You just become the asshole who was such an asshole that he beat on someone just for being right.
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456