Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 891011 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/09/2010 3:43pm

Style: In transition

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thank you for taking the time to respond, Mr. Hardy.

Unfortunately, the issue now lays not with your system but with your coaching methods. The investigation cannot be finalized and a write-up done until some questions are answered by those you've trained.

However, you've greatly expedited the process, so once again, thank you for responding.

Administrator

Posted On:
    11/09/2010 4:45pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by helmutlvx View Post
    The investigation cannot be finalized and a write-up done until some questions are answered by those you've trained..
    That's where you are wrong. All the admissions, in the earlier post, answer enough to finalize an article. The only thing really necessary is verifying that this is indeed the instructor.

Banzai Buddy

Posted On:
    11/09/2010 5:30pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Nothing - yet

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If I could just echo the others in thanking Mr. Hardy for signing up and posting here...

Is there any chance that you could stay and answer a few more polite questions for us? It would be really useful in terms of getting this situation clarified and addressing some of the concerns (e.g. with regards to your placing of students into MMA competition) that have been raised in this thread.

Banzai Buddy

Posted On:
    11/09/2010 6:58pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    With regards to the Martial Arts Masters World Federation, Inc. - whilst they appear to be gone from the internet now, I've found the archived version of their website.

(this is the most recent version)
    http://web.archive.org/web/200801101...sterssite.com/

I can confirm that Mr. Hardy is indeed present on their World Registry.
    http://web.archive.org/web/200712150...d_registry.htm

>VIRGINIA - John Bam Bam Farrar, Judo, Va Beach - Jack Meservey, Martial Arts, Norfolk - Lonnie L. Sherfey, Tae Kwon Do, Maurertown - Joseph A. Capps, Hapkido, Richmond - Frederick W. James Jr., Isshin Ryu, Woodbridge - Oscar Thrower, Taekyon, Alexandria - Lauren D. Basham, Kano Ryu JuJitsu, Alexandria - Jack Meservey, Tang Soo Do, Nor Folk - Douglas Turner Jr, Free Style Ju Jitsu, Charlottesville - William Wilson, Kenpo Karate, Hampton - Zachary S. Pennington, Guju Ryu, Harrisburg - Abraham Hardy, Hacomtaewesdo, Hampton - David Everson, Chifuka Ninjutsu, Alexandria - Guy Green, Combat Style, Troy - Hector Musa, Jujitsu, Fredericksburg - Preston A. Spicely, Jujitsu, Hampton - Hector Musa, Jujitsu, Fredericksburg - Garry N. Klaus, Goju Shorin karate, Alexandria - Rob Williams, Noshinjutsu, Williamsburg - Ross Kaplan, American Free Style Karate, Alexandria- William E. Willson, Kenpo Karate, Hampton - Steve Elliott Montesinos, Taekwondo, Chester -
    This is their order page, for the record:
    http://web.archive.org/web/200712180...rtificates.htm

Make of that what you will. They do state at the top "The Federation does not issues Certification of Rank to anyone, it only Recognizes Legitimate Ranks" but it doesn't look to me as though there was a whole lot that was stopping people from just filling in whatever they wanted in terms of rank when it came to applying and submitting their payment.
    Last edited by Larus marinus; 11/09/2010 7:07pm at .

Administrator

Posted On:
    11/09/2010 7:12pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    One organization can't legitimize all styles from around the world.

Doctor, PhD, in Martial Arts Martial Arts Philosophy or Martial Arts Science Recognition Certificate.Twenty years minimum of active Martial Arts practice is a requirement
    from the recipients of this unique designation. A complementary listing in to The World Martial Arts Doctor Faculty is included with this Magnificent Certificate, 11x17 top of the line ready to frame and display, delivered in cylindrical protective container to avoid damage during shipping.
    Monk Status The Ultimate Credential, traditional decor throughout this Monk Status Recognition Certificate, colorful, oriental decor, one of a kind, rare find, 11x17 imprinted on top quality high gloss photo type paper and delivered in protective cylindrical container to avoid damage during shipping.
    There are more but , these two say it all for me.

pro nonsense self defense

Posted On:
    11/09/2010 7:33pm

supporting member
     Style: FMA, dumbek, Indian clubs

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    One organization can't legitimize all styles from around the world.

There are more but , these two say it all for me.
    My eyebrow raised at Official Sokeship, guru/yogi, and American Ninja Secret Society.

Banzai Buddy

Posted On:
    11/09/2010 7:45pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by CodosDePiedra View Post
    My eyebrow raised at Official Sokeship, guru/yogi, and American Ninja Secret Society.
    On their Top Rank Recognition Certificate, there were a bunch of titles that I've never even seen used in the martial arts before (e.g. Sosho/Osho/Kaiso). You can select multiples too.

Administrator

Posted On:
    11/10/2010 1:59am

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by CodosDePiedra View Post
    Yes, those are silly, but IMO, they are not in the realm of a PhD or insulting people who have actually been ordained as Monks.

Banzai Buddy

Posted On:
    11/10/2010 12:59pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I see that Mr. Hardy has put up a video in response to this investigation thread, showing us (in resolution sufficient to read) and explaining many of his certificates and qualifications.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z-sijj_w-ME

Detailed thoughts will follow, but I'd like to thank Mr. Hardy for being open with us on this matter. If more of the guys we look into on this site were willing to do this, I daresay that many of the threads on here would be much shorter.

Banzai Buddy

Posted On:
    11/10/2010 1:16pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    In the video, he overtly states that WUMA officially accepted him and recognized him as the youngest African-American headmaster in their history and a founder of his various arts/systems in October 2004 as a result of showing them the 'internationally recognised' certificates he obtained from Martial Arts Masters World Federation, Inc. prior to this date.

WTF 1st dan - seems reasonable, I don't think that this was ever seriously disputed to any great extent.

TKD 2nd dan from WUMA - dunno. He's in the US, they're in the UK, so video testing, perhaps?

Membership of Combat Sombo International, signed by Chris Anderson. Doesn't look like it's a proof of anything in terms of rank - just that he's a member of the org.
    Last edited by Larus marinus; 11/10/2010 1:23pm at .
Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 891011 ... LastLast