11/08/2010 8:10pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Nothing - yet

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Take a look at these videos, posted on the Hacomtaewresdo Facebook page
    (dunno if these will embed or not)

Quote Originally Posted by Hacomtaewresdo Facebook wall
    Headmaster Abraham Hardy trannig Jeff "Shujaa" Richards. Jeff fights MMA currently out of the Hampton Pitfighters but has had HM Hardy come on to supplement his training, specifically his standup with my system of Shootboxing. HM Hardy has been working with him for a couple months now, and Jeff is headed into his second MMA fight in one week.
    http://www.facebook.com/video/video....5850759&ref=mf

http://www.facebook.com/video/video....3652954&ref=mf

http://www.facebook.com/video/video....7847809&ref=mf

http://www.facebook.com/video/video....1686405&ref=mf

So, I looked for more info on the 'Hampton Pitfighters' and found this article:

http://www.examiner.com/high-school-...e-at-the-beach

Quote Originally Posted by the link above
    Washington is also highly regarded as an amateur MMA fighter, and is currently training at Pit Fighters in Hampton, Virginia. Chris "All Good" Wood is the founder of Pit Fighters and likes to classify the fighting style as "purely instinctive." Washington was in good spirits after the fight with Barnett, and he will definitely become a better fighter as a result of such a war.
    If you remember, Chris "All Good" Wood is one of Hardy's (former, I guess now) losing fighters from the videos earlier in the thread. So, he's basically training one of his buddy's guys by the looks of it.

A "purely instinctive" fighting style? That description could hide a multitude of bad ideas, couldn't it?

Seems that the Pit Fighters team will be fighting at this event (MG13: FALL BRAWL!) on Nov 13th...
    http://www.moderngladiatorsfc.com/in...206&Itemid=236

I see a Chris Wood - Pit Fighters, Newport News VA and Jeff Richardson - Pit Fighters, Newport News VA. I suppose that the latter may be the guy in the videos with Hardy.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/08/2010 8:50pm

Style: In transition

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quick note: This thread is now result #1 when searching Abraham Hardy and/or Hacomtaewresdo

I've also sent a message on YouTube asking Mr. Hardy again to join this thread and present his credentials.

Banzai Buddy

Posted On:
    11/08/2010 9:39pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by helmutlvx View Post
    Quick note: This thread is now result #1 when searching Abraham Hardy and/or Hacomtaewresdo

I've also sent a message on YouTube asking Mr. Hardy again to join this thread and present his credentials.
    Great.

Yeah, I was hanging back, thinking that Searcher might want to do that (but maybe Hardy has stopped listening to him).

For the record, I have attempted to make contact with Chris 'All Good' Wood, through both YouTube and Facebook (I wanted to ask him about his training under Hardy and whether he felt that in retrospect, he had been adequately prepared for his MMA fight), but at this point, he has not responded.

Edit:

Oh yeah - I found this comment from Wood on this video (which appears to be an alternate angle of the fight previously posted).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_9NaVETb2u0

ALLGOODMMA
    5 months ago

bro i have never been to prison !!!!ever!! and i have only trained for 4 months with no background at all with anything...that was my debut at 170..i weight in at 164 and since you fight with gary then you know his weight,so you tell me have you ever gave anybody in the cage at a event 40pounds on you and more than 13years of training on you, my debut..like i said i want him again when i get my game up and im coming soon check me out soon i will post one i did friday that was under 2min
    So, it could be inferred that what we're seeing in there is pure Hardy...
    Last edited by Larus marinus; 11/08/2010 9:45pm at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/08/2010 10:11pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Larus marinus View Post
    So, it could be inferred that what we're seeing in there is pure Hardy...
    Certainly, but it would be better for Mr. Wood to state that clearly for the record. Have you made any attempts to contact the other fighter, Richardson?

Banzai Buddy

Posted On:
    11/08/2010 10:15pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Certainly, but it would be better for Mr. Wood to state that clearly for the record. Have you made any attempts to contact the other fighter, Richardson?
    Haven't found any contact details for him yet. Working on it...

(I messaged Wood last week, before I knew of the 'Pit Fighters' thing)

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/08/2010 10:28pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Oh, pffft.

Jeff Richards is tagged in the Facebook video Hardy put up.
    http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000239087531

Banzai Buddy

Posted On:
    11/08/2010 10:34pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Oh, pffft.

Jeff Richards is tagged in the Facebook video Hardy put up.
    http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000239087531
    Ah. I was looking for 'Richardson' (as listed on the fight card). Found a guy too - may be an alt. page for him.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/08/2010 10:54pm

Style: Karate-knockdown, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I have tried multiple times to get Hardy to come on here and lay out his credentials, but he openly refuses to do so. I am hoping someone else will have better luck than I have.

Posted On:
    11/09/2010 3:22pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Hacomtaewresdo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Clearing the air ; Mr. Hardy response to thread

I have been made aware multiple times of this thread here. It was my intention not to reply, for the sake of any back and forth which i honestly dont have time for. I neglected to actually reply till i actually was read the thread by a friend and student who told me i should. I will try my best to respond to all the pertinent things in the tread to answer all questions, then all i can do is walk away from the situation and get back to my work.

I will first asnwer the general questions i saw in the thread.

- My father passed away at age 82. He was a WW2 war vet. Given his age i never saw any of his discharge papers or anything so i know what he told me and trust in that as truth. To my knowledge he was a Sgt in the U.s Marines. My godfather was a sniper and expert marksman in the US Army and he was a Sgt.

- I formally trained under Brad Tinnon for about 4 years. i attained a 1st Dan from him in WTF Taekwondo. As part of the training for higher belts there was basic Hapkido for self defense, and some advanced belts worked a tai chi form. I picked up the Hapkido from Mr. Tinnon and The Tai Chi form from fellow students. I later recieved my 2nd Dan in Taekwondo from the Taekwondo branch of the WUMA

- At Universal Fighting System Academy (Kecoughtan Rd, Hampton V.A) i trained in many arts. This is sensetive to me as i was close to Mr. Anderson (my instructor, now deceased) whom trained me during a hard time in my life. He was a mentor to me and taught me alot about life in general. I will admit my fault at the misunderstanding of listing myself as an instructor under him. I have to this day a hand typed letter ( it is water damaged but readable) and a handwritten letter from him ( dated feb 1, 2000) in regards to me "assisting him in duties at his school" as one letter says, the other mentions me assisting him in intruction from time to time. He wrote me these as letters of refrence cause i had taken an intrest at the time in sercurity work. He worked as a bouncer himself and was head of sercurity at more than one bar if i remember right, and that is how that came up. Eventhough He knew those letters would help me. Given that, i do think now it was in bad judgement to list myself as a assistant intructor cause it would me misinterpreted, so that i will have to correct.
    I trained with Mr. Anderson for about two years and a half. I trained in Sombo, Jeet kune do, Fillipino Kali, and Muay thai during this time. the following is directly from my myspace

"I trained under Chris Anderson of Universal Fighting Systems Academy about 3 years in Jeet Kune Do, Muay Thai, Fillipino Kali, and American Combat Sombo. I did not get alot of physical rank in these arts, but I learned alot and gained alot of experience which was my goal."

I leave no room for misunderstanding at all other than i said i trained 3 years which was including time i had trained with breaks in my training. I Tested once in each Muay Thai and Sombo as far as rank promotion goes.

- I trace the lineage of my arts to Aforcentric roots and all the knowledge i have comes from many authors and sources. Those that have problems with that can see the autors of those works and study on your own, i have seen the links on this site so they are availible to show where i attained such knowledge. I trace my arts to Afrocentric sources cause i am African American. My arts are my "familys" fighting arts, so i traced my lineage to my family tree. I haooen to be of Moorish decent , therefore the Afrocentric nature of my arts.

- Being a system founder and of such a young age having so much rank has garnered much attention in my martial career, positive and negative. People tend to be stuck on my rank as i have so much for my age which is unheard of in martial arts. People keep overlooking that i am a system founder. Taking what i learned informally from family members and my experience from defending myself as a youth in the streets is my base. That is why what i do is my "familys" system of martial arts. Their teacinhgs and my own experience is my base. From there i add the best aspects of my formal studies to it and alot of my own innovation. When others look at what i do, i do not od things the same way. There is slight variations or differences in how i do what. Alot of that is to the way i prefer to do things, or more or less lots of informal training which i do have just as much of as formal studies. I learn alot form those i have come in contact with over the years, as well as self study and research of many arts.
    I am what some call "self promoted" cause i am a system founder.
    Not all system founders are self promoted, but plenty are. I hold rank certificates as the founder of my fighting arts and at the Dan ranks i list on my sites. They came from the Martial Arts masters world federation inc. I do not even know if the assocaition is still around, but i have my masters certifications and founders cert through them. Their company provided services specifically to system founders to people who are forming arts. Their certs are recognized internationally and aid founders in getting started among other things. How i formulated what ranks my systems have was based on all the curriculum i teach and broken up over levels to be able to be progresively learned. The end result was what i have, there is nothign more to it. this includes martial arts techniques, but also all the history, philosophy, and fighting concepts i studied and formulated over the years. Only i know how long and hard i studied so that is not sometihng i can prove. I arrived at the title of Headmaster Instructor for mymself to differentiate me from students who one day become Master instructors. That is it.
    The ranks and belts mean nothing to me, i built what i do from nothing so i had to establish a system for everything in order to teach it. It is all about the art and what i have to share with others. I been teaching and training in the martial arts since age nine, that makes 18 years. Me and my familys fighing arts are here to stay and for every detractor i have a fan and for every fan i will have a student. Cause those that follow me do so for a reason. My students see and know the benefits inherent in what i share with them.

As far as rank and all these things go, i have my certifications and proof of all these things, so i can not fret what other think, feel, or say about me positive or negative. I step forth with positive intentions to my students and truthfully as a person. I think out the box and will always. People have attacked me due to what i do in my path in life not meeting their approval. They have in their mind something should be done this or that way but that is for them. I walk my path and others should walk theirs. No disrepect to anyone, but i feel people focus on titles and belts and all that too much. I have these things yes, but cause it is necessary. I want to strengthen minds and bodies with what i do. I have seen my videos and comments up here. This all strives to make me better. The mistakes or gaps in my knowledge i will fill, i am not perfect and still learning as we all are. I will continue to better myself as an instructor and my students. The reason i have put my work before the world is so i could attain feedback, positive and negative. The negative forces me to fix what is wrong and come back better for my sake and those that follow me, cause my students are the most important ones in this matter.

I made a user here just so i could reply to the topic as i have been repeatedly asked. I have shared al the information to all the questions i could find and have nothing more to say on the topic. Nothing more i can say. I leave you all with blessings and in peace, and i hope you can do the same for me and my familys fighitng arts. Peace be upon you.

Administrator

Posted On:
    11/09/2010 3:30pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thanks for the reply and explanations. Respect to those of your family and friends that have died.

That's why this website exists. Tai Chi is comepltely different from Hapkido and it shows in your videos. Personally, there is nothing advanced, concerning Tai Chi, in those videos.

I appreciate your honesty but, a pay for play ranking system doesn't mean you are ranked in all of those different systems. They basically defrauded you by allowing rank when you spent minor time in many arts or, you defrauded them by providing erroneous information about the time you spent in said arts.

Sorry, by the definition and your own explanation, you would be considered bullshido.

- I trace the lineage of my arts to Aforcentric roots and all the knowledge i have comes from many authors and sources. Those that have problems with that can see the autors of those works and study on your own, i have seen the links on this site so they are availible to show where i attained such knowledge. I trace my arts to Afrocentric sources cause i am African American. My arts are my "familys" fighting arts, so i traced my lineage to my family tree. I haooen to be of Moorish decent , therefore the Afrocentric nature of my arts.
    I will not touch this because, it will lead to a huge derail.
Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 78910 ... LastLast