Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 123 456713 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/05/2010 9:08am

Style: Karate-knockdown, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I posted some request for information on Mr. Hardy's youtube account and he has deleted them along with blocking me from posting any further on his videos or page. He is now starting to dodge my requests, and the repsonses he gives me don't actually answer my questions.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    11/05/2010 9:52am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If you want, I'll post the questions you want answered in on his videos...I'm sure I'll get blocked to, but it's worth a try?

Banzai Buddy

Posted On:
    11/05/2010 10:32am

Join us... or die
     Style: Nothing - yet

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by CarotidCrank View Post
    If you want, I'll post the questions you want answered in on his videos...I'm sure I'll get blocked to, but it's worth a try?
    Aye, give it a shot. Can't do much harm, I suppose.

When it comes to MAs, there seems to be some sort of odd correlation between the number of videos posted on YouTube and lack of openness when it comes to answering basic questions that any martial arts instructor might face from a potential student.

The answer to "Who awarded you your <nth> degree black belt in <art>?" should not be a secret, available only to trusted students. Or people who have travelled down to the dojo and met the guy for real.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    11/05/2010 2:35pm

supporting member
     Style: fitness

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    [decloak]

well, i'm definitely a novice grappler in every sense of the word. it looks like he's maybe taken a few classes but his technique is sloppy and unrefined to say the least. that's got to be one of the worst ude garami demos i've ever seen. also, his uke isn't even resisting which makes the quality of the technique even more suspect.

there appears to be little isolation of the shoulder joint. the angle of the rotation is weird and at some point in one of the videos he lifts his own body off the ground, i really have no idea what was going on there.

in short, i think one of the mid-level / expert grapplers on this site would probably just dismiss this guy as a joke and not waste time breaking down technique that is so fundamentally poor.

[reactivate cloaking device/]

pro nonsense self defense

Posted On:
    11/05/2010 2:41pm

supporting member
     Style: FMA, dumbek, Indian clubs

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I think before we campaign to sift through what's right and wrong in his 100s of videos, we should make sure that it doesn't overshadow looking up his actual credentials, ie who trained him, for how long etc.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    11/05/2010 2:44pm

supporting member
     Style: fitness

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by CodosDePiedra View Post
    I think before we campaign to sift through what's right and wrong in his 100s of videos, we should make sure that it doesn't overshadow looking up his actual credentials, ie who trained him, for how long etc.

that's an excellent point. i'm sure the resolution of that problem will effectively negate the need for critiquing his videos.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/05/2010 3:21pm

Style: Kenpo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I just viewed the stickwork video, and in no way does his footwork match his stances he should be doing for his strikes. That's just basic knowledge that it seems he does not have.

The age factor also does not match his rank. No way, just 28 years old and a 8th dan.

This is nothing but an African-American Coda Scott, plain and simple.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/05/2010 7:45pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hello all. I just got some private messages from Hardy via my youtube account. I will do my best to organize the responses and put them below.

First off, I made a suggestion for some of his students and the following is the information.

My suggestion:
    Keep your hands up!!! If you keep trying to catch those kicks and get against anyone with any skill at all, you are going to catch a shin in the mouth.  I take it that you are both new beginners(at least I hope you are), but it is a lesson you do not want to learn. If you are not getting coached on this, and I don't know if you are, then you need to go somewhere else. It is just my opinion. I have been training and teaching for over 30 years. Take it or leave it.
    YouTube - Taewresdo Kickboxing / Shootboxing sparring 9-9-2010 #1

His response:
    Have been telling them about keeping their hands up, but because i have them doing only body contact, they tend to want to carry their hands low at times. They wont for sure when the head contact comes into play. They are Green belts, but they are new to sparring. These guys are green belts. I start light cotact sparring at green belt cause at that level they know how to defend and attack properly as well as have enough skill set to even exchange with one another. That's my protocol.
    Followed by:
    These methods and more that i use may not make much sense to others , but in my methods they fit what i train students for. i cant be concerned with how other stylists view what i do, as long and my students know and understand, they are my concern. P.S my methods are gleaned form over 18 years of training.......
    YouTube - Ultimate Lutalo & Tigeress ; Taewresdo kickboxing - Basic Punching Combos

My advice:
    You need to work on your footwork, and stop dropping your hands, and tuck your chin, you are wide open to get KO'd.
    His response:
    I saw a drop of the hands but it was very slight. Footwork was there as much as she needed based on the padholders movement. Regardless i would say it was very good for a beginner who has not trained in over a year. Thanks for the advice though, will watch out for those things........
    My rebuttal:(I do get a little inflamatory)
    We must have very different ideas of what "slight" means when it comes to dropping the hands. I never allow any of my students to make that mistake. As far as footwork and overall, I just started training a new female and she is already far superior. And she just started training with NO previous experience.
    His response:
    my organization focuss on street self defense and combatives training, but we also train those who compete in MMA. I have had many testimonies of students using my art and conered quite a few fights, never got a complaint of someone i trained getting knocked out. The few seconds you see in a vid are not the sum total of our training. Believe that ............
    I then asked him for details abouthis training history.

His response:
    For a detailed training histroy see http://www.myspace.com/nubianwarriorking. I am a system founder of my familys fighting arts, so there is no way anyone could "give" me my ranks as if they matter. Martial artists and people in general become fixated on the material trappins and titles, i really dont care. I am who and what i am and that is all i can say. Many members of my family have been doing martial arts for generations preceeding me, i just happend to be the one to take it to the next level by adding to what was passed down and putting it all together to form something cohesive.
    I did not haphazardly throw techniques together and make a set of systems. My training began within my family with my father and godfather being my first instructors. My dad was a U.S Marine and boxer with intermediate martial arts background in Judo as well as some wrestling. My godfather was a Army Sniper and a expert at Wing Chun kung fu. I went on from there to train in many different fightign arts formally and using what i learned from within my family as a base, added the best aspcets of all my learning. There i founded my familys fighitng arts. I founded my own cause i wanted to teach what i felt was truth in combat based on my own application of using martial arts to defend myself as a kid in the streets. Altho i do train fighter for MMA and other competiton, everything i do is based in what i term "urban combatives " or street self defense. I have lots of formal and informal experience in many arts, but i do not teach "one art" i teach "my familys fighting arts", so in the end it does not matter. My training is not simply based on the "moves" i learned. It is based on the most effective aspects of what i learned underlaid with my real life fighitng experience of knowing what works how and when. What i teach and the way i teach is unlike others, so when others look for what they know within what i do, they jump to conclusions and assumptions. In my 19 years of training i never had a student confront me about my teachings being innefective. If so i would better my training or i would not be teaching martial arts and publicly placing my work before the world. Furthermore, Bruce Lee trained many people , but no one moved or could apply Jeet Kune Do the way he did. My students are learning the art, but they do not have the level of application in it that i do of course. People make assumptions of my ability based on my students. They move, have their own rythm, body language and so forth. That has nothing to do with my attributes ha ha ! Feel free to check out http://www.myspace.com/hcwurbancombativesassoc

And then about his information about Japanese history and the Ainu of Japan being from Egypt.

His response:
    My information foremostly comes from the Author Nijel Binnins. You will have to look it up, but his site is www.nijart.com if that does not pull up his site you can try this link
    http://www.nijart.com/Home.htm
    or

http://www.nijart.com/archivesarticle1.htm

The following is a link a site that has a article talking about the Ainu and African martial arts, which will answer more questions on knowledge of the Ainu. It is info i came across, not directly from my archive.

http://www.assatashakur.org/forum/gu...tial-arts.html

More knowledge and links on the African martial arts and related history and knowledge

"Scufflin"
    by
    Juma Mshabazi
    For those of us old enough to remember Count Dante and his famous "death matches" in
    Taunton, New Jersey, refereed by Kareem Allah by the way, many believed that this was
    the first of its kind; but that is far from the truth. I remember the case of a young boy
    who, in 1965, without a father or older brother, growing up on the mean streets of
    Brooklyn, asked his uncle C. Y. Williams to show him how to protect himself.
    Subsequently, he was told stories of a time on the plantations of Virginia how captive
    Afrikans were made to fight like dogs and cocks -- many times to the death -- where they
    suffered severe maiming. Indeed, he was also told that his grandfather (D. D. Williams)
    was a master scuffler and had shown him many moves.
    That boy eventually became a man and studied with a half dozen other great martial arts
    teachers. He fought in bare knuckle full contact matches -- not the Asian kind with no
    head punches (smile). He traced scufflin back to the Kongo and reclaimed both his and
    Scufflin's Afrikan name. For those interested in learning more about Scufflin and Afrikan
    Martial Arts, I recommend the following sources:
    1. The African Origin of Martial Arts by Wayne Chandler;
    2. African Origins of the Martial Arts by Nijel Binns www.nijart.com;
    3. Black Martial Arts III: Combat Games of the African Indian Ocean
    (mMadagascar, Comoros, Reunion) (2003 / 2006) Edward L. Powe;
    4. The Ancient Martial Arts of Egypt by Sheng Chi Kung Fu in Northern California;
    5. Urban Self Defense by Mahaliel Bethea;
    6. Nubian Black African Boxers or Gladiator -- www.ezbord.com;
    7. Broken Glass film by Daniel Marks;
    8. Slavery: The Burden of Slavery -- NI 337;
    9. ERBmania! Nkima Speaks / The Real Leopard Men -- www.erblist.com;
    10. All Tom Molineaux articles;
    11. Absolom, Absolom by William Faulkner;
    12. Weld's American Salvery TOC (S. C. Macy 1839);
    13. Roll Jordan Roll by Genovese;
    14. Life Under the Peculiar Institution by Norman Yetman;
    15. Weevils in the Wheat by Perdue, Barden & Philipps;
    16. Coming of the Hurricane a drama by Alvin Klein;
    17. Fifty Years in Chains by Charles Ball 1859;
    18. Narrative of the Life of Henry Bibb (1815-1854);
    19. Life of William Grimes, The Runaway Slave (1784-1865);
    20. Street Kingdom: 5 Years Inside the Franklyn Ave Posse;
    21. What Happened to Victor Belfort: www.ourhutch.com;
    22. Alabama Supreme Court on Slaves. State --v- Abrams 10 Alabama 928 (1847);
    23. Africans in America Part III / Narrative Conspiracy & Rebellions by Gabriel
    (1799);
    24. Memories of Childhood's Slavery Days (1909) Annie L. Burton;
    25. Finding A Way Out: An Autobiography (1921) by Robert Russa Moton;
    26. Uh Knock em ef uh Dead. ejmas.com;
    27. African Americans (1753) Gideon Carr;
    28. Ears Used to be Fair Game in the Ring; www.lasvegassun.com;
    29. I was Violently Assaulted by Another African American: (3/19/05) Musician
    Forums;
    30. Mandingo; a film
    31. Drums; a film

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/05/2010 7:58pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Mr. Hardy has questioned who I am and what my interest is in him and his system. I wonder if this is the time to make him aware of this thread?

See my tongue. SEE IT!

Posted On:
    11/05/2010 7:59pm

Business Class Supporting Member
      Style: BJJ, MT, TKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'll add in my two cents as well (in addition to CarotidCrank's comments)

Regarding this video:

YouTube - HCW Combative Science system - Guard defense submission chaining

0:30 - Arm Triangle: No lock, space between opponent's head and his, used bicep to finish as opposed to elbows to body

0:48 - Arm Bar: No arm drag, no hip movement (swings leg over), kicks over opponent because his hips aren't elevated

1:05 - Reverse Arm Bar / Arm Press: Shoulder is not isolated (need to unlock guard and isolate it between knees), using arms for leverage (pushing up on arm) won't finish it, arms locked too high on arm (as opposed to just over the elbow), nothing controlling posture (escape is easy)

1:24 - "Shoulder/Arm Crank" (no name that I know of): Setup is tedious, finish has no leverage, no posture control (escape is easy), body gets in the way of the finish. This 'submission' is... not good.

1:40 - Triangle: Setup is poor (attempts arm pin, then lets go and just swings leg), no angle, grabs wrong leg to secure, no hands on head (just about a necessity if you're not cutting an angle)

2:15 - Calf Splice: No posture control, base disruption haphazard, pivot non-existent

2:30 - "Push Over Sweep": No base disruption, core engagement (just pushed her over).

2:37 - Arm Bar from Mount: Waaaaay too much space, right foot on wrong side of shoulder (escape is easier)

3:37 - Half-butterfly Sweep: No base, no disruption of base, wrong angle for sweep, didn't isolate opponent's posting limb

4:36 - Americana / Straight lock / Kimura: Too much space, wrong angle on finish, over-extended (easy upa / bump escape or shrimp)

5:00 - Calf Splice: Non-existent submission. Completely wrong angle and leverage.

I know I missed a few, but the points above should be enough to give you an idea.

*ALL* of these things I mentioned are things that are mostly worked out of a white belt after about 6 months. She isn't really resisting so this is really a drilling round in which technique should be perfect to near perfect. As presented in this video, the techniques are all improperly set up and improperly finished.
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 123 456713 ... LastLast