Our Sponsors:

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3910111213 14 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/18/2010 6:09am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So, what you are saying is that belt rank is irrelevant when looking at one of Tinnon's students. The only way to judge is by looking at competition results. Which Abraham Hardy, founder of Hacomtaewresdo, has already admitted he does not have.

If he didn't compete then, by definition, he was not one of the 25%.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/18/2010 6:34am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I would agree with that. I know evidence weighs more heavy than opinion on MABS of course, but we've also established a first dan is under qualified to teach or test students for ranking.

Fear and bullets.

Posted On:
    11/18/2010 10:01am

staff
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Larus marinus View Post
    Fight video from Hardy's YouTube channel of Jeff 'Shujaa' Richards (white shorts) vs. Michael Key at the Modern Gladiators 13 event last night.

YouTube - Modern Gladiators 13 ; Jeff "Shujaa" Richards vs Micheal Key of VBAMMA round #1
    YouTube - Modern Gladiators 13 ; Jeff "Shujaa" Richards vs Micheal Key of VBAMMA round 2

Video description from Hardy's channel (bolding mine):
    I am unable to provide a meaningful technical analysis of the fight, but props to Jeff Richards for stepping up.
    I will provide analysis:

Round one:
    -Hardy's student attempts hip throw/cowboy roll takedown, and is immediately reversed and mounted. (37 seconds)
    -Hardy's endures pounding from under mount for about 20 seconds and then manages to recover to top guard.
    -Hardy's student is unable to pass guard, establish posture, or launch any meaningful offense from guard. Opponent makes a few sub attempts but seems content to hold in guard until end of round.

Round two:
    -Opponent does some striking including a decent head-level kick, but fails to connect with anything meaningful.
    -Hardy's student attempts same takedown as round one, but is immediately back-mounted and choked out in under 40 seconds.

Analysis?
    Opponent is a club-level amateur who needs to work on his guard and clinch game, but had significantly superior striking and ground game overall.

Hardy's student is probably a competent brawler, but was more or less ignorant of modern fighting innovations.
    And lo, Kano looked down upon the field and saw the multitudes. Amongst them were the disciples of Uesheba who were greatly vexed at his sayings. And Kano spake: "Do not be concerned with the mote in thy neighbor's eye, when verily thou hast a massive stick in thine ass".

--Scrolls of Bujutsu: Chapter 5 vs 10-14.

Pulling mount since '09

Posted On:
    11/18/2010 10:08am

Style: jits da variedade brasile

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrapper View Post
    I will provide analysis:

Round one:
    -Hardy's student attempts hip throw/cowboy roll takedown, and is immediately reversed and mounted. (37 seconds)
    -Hardy's endures pounding from under mount for about 20 seconds and then manages to recover to top guard.
    -Hardy's student is unable to pass guard, establish posture, or launch any meaningful offense from guard. Opponent makes a few sub attempts but seems content to hold in guard until end of round.

Round two:
    -Opponent does some striking including a decent head-level kick, but fails to connect with anything meaningful.
    -Hardy's student attempts same takedown as round one, but is immediately back-mounted and choked out in under 40 seconds.

Analysis?
    Opponent is a club-level amateur who needs to work on his guard and clinch game, but had significantly superior striking and ground game overall.

Hardy's student is probably a competent brawler, but was more or less ignorant of modern fighting innovations.
    If we are to assume the loudest voice from the corner is Hardy, then he is easily one of the worst corners I've heard. He said maybe two things that were semi-meaningful and relevant to what his fighter was doing. "YOU KNOW WHAT TO DO!" is not helpful or relevant. There was another voice that sounded like another coach for Hardy's fighter who was giving a much more relevant (and helpful) commentary.

Banzai Buddy

Posted On:
    11/18/2010 11:58am

Join us... or die
     Style: Nothing - yet

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Whacker View Post
    If we are to assume the loudest voice from the corner is Hardy, then he is easily one of the worst corners I've heard. He said maybe two things that were semi-meaningful and relevant to what his fighter was doing. "YOU KNOW WHAT TO DO!" is not helpful or relevant. There was another voice that sounded like another coach for Hardy's fighter who was giving a much more relevant (and helpful) commentary.
    Yep, the YOU KNOW WHAT TO DO! voice was Hardy's. I've watched enough of his videos over the past week to be sure of that.

Going from the video description, the other voice was probably that of Chris Wood.
    Last edited by Larus marinus; 11/18/2010 12:04pm at .

Banzai Buddy

Posted On:
    11/18/2010 12:29pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    On the subject of Chris Wood, he messaged me on Facebook the other day. I was hoping that he would sign up and elaborate on this for us (I've invited him to the thread twice now), but it looks as though he has chosen not to do this.

As this was his attempt at clarifying some things that had been mentioned about him on here, which presumably he wanted us to know about for the record - and as it seems that he's finished talking to me now, I'm going to post his comments in full.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Wood's PM to me
    Christopher Wood 14 November at 04:31 Report
    i never fought under ab, btake a look at that vid and the guy i fought wasnt the guy i was suppose to fight. my debut against a champion and he had 40 pounds..what is this ufc 1? about abraham he is has good teaching skills..never been in the cage but is honest and seems to help out..i dont know about the poet side of people why care what faze somebody is going through, we all tend to change here and there. thanks ALLGooD WooD
    This is the fight in question again:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hV5lpgm8MSA

The video description, written by Hardy (bolding mine):
    Chris Allgood Wood vs Gary LaBreck Feb 2010 at the Combat Sports Challenge. Held at the Hampton Convention center. Chris trained with Headmaster Abraham Hardy's Team ultimate Warrior prior to this fight and took this fight on 2 months of training/notice. Chris scheduled opponet did not show, and he took this fight on the spot with Gary LaBreck who outweighed him. ( Chris wearing the white Hayabusa shorts and has tatoos on his head).
    Mixed martial arts" Cagefighting "extreme fighting" shootfighting Pankration "Team Ultimate Warrior" Hacomtaewresdo "Combat Sports Challenge"
    My apologies to Mr. Wood if the above has been misinterpreted on here as him actually fighting under Hardy's banner, if it was actually the case that Hardy trained him *before* the fight but he actually fought as an independent fighter, or for someone else's team...

If Mr. Wood is still reading the thread, it really would be useful if he could sign up and clarify this issue. No-one is expecting him to denounce his friend and (business?) associate - we (or I, rather) would just like to ask him some questions about his training under Hardy and maybe his martial arts background prior to training with Hardy...
    Last edited by Larus marinus; 11/18/2010 12:35pm at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/19/2010 12:59am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Can anyone shed some light on "afrocentric"? I assume this to mean there are supposed to be African fighting roots in his style, yes? The one training video clearly shows two people bowing to each other, in blatant Asian style. What, if any, African-influenced fighting methods are in this guy's style?

Banzai Buddy

Posted On:
    11/19/2010 1:09am

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Crushing Step View Post
    Can anyone shed some light on "afrocentric"? I assume this to mean there are supposed to be African fighting roots in his style, yes? The one training video clearly shows two people bowing to each other, in blatant Asian style. What, if any, African-influenced fighting methods are in this guy's style?
    He lays it all out here, basically (long).
    http://hacomtaewresdowarriorarts.wor...2010/08/19/14/

Vid:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r9MmYRURXaM

According to Hardy, martial arts originated in Africa, were then spread around the world by Africans and people who'd been in contact with Africans - and all the MAs we see today can thus be traced back to their roots in Africa.

No idea if it's his own theory or that of someone else, which he subscribes to...

It's probably a topic that could take up 10 pages in itself and derail the thread to hell, if we were to discuss it here.
    Last edited by Larus marinus; 11/19/2010 1:18am at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/14/2011 4:35am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This might just be my opinion here but I think that teaching group fitness classes at the Y may be the lesser of two evils here. Hardy admittedly "trains MMA fighters", which to me is a gross overstatement. Teaching energetic kids and stressed out adults to drop some daily stress through Billy Blanks style cardio kickboxing junk is one thing. But training a student to compete in full contact competition is a recipe for injury with Hardy's lack of knowledge both as a competitor and a practitioner in these styles (besides the TKD, possible exposure to Hapkido and Tai-Chi).

I can only complain about the stand-up since I only practice Muay Thai, but if its ok with everyone here I can give a broken down assessment of what he professes are "Muay Thai" combinations. However, I dont want to derail the thread if those points have already been adressed (but it seems like only the grappling, stick-fighting and boxing have been examined in detail).

EDIT: **** I necro'd this thread I didnt realize that my MABS link was favorited to the third page of the section.
    Last edited by miraclemty; 1/14/2011 4:48am at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/14/2011 11:34am

Style: Karate-knockdown, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Go for it, I have not been able to make anymore headway in this investigation. If you want to perform an assessment, do it.

I am NOT giving up on this, I am just running into walls.
Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3910111213 14 LastLast