Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Banzai Buddy

Posted On:
    11/14/2010 5:08pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Nothing - yet

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Fight video from Hardy's YouTube channel of Jeff 'Shujaa' Richards (white shorts) vs. Michael Key at the Modern Gladiators 13 event last night.

YouTube - Modern Gladiators 13 ; Jeff "Shujaa" Richards vs Micheal Key of VBAMMA round #1
    YouTube - Modern Gladiators 13 ; Jeff "Shujaa" Richards vs Micheal Key of VBAMMA round 2

Video description from Hardy's channel (bolding mine):
    November 13 ,2010 Modern Gladiators 13 "FALL BRAWL" @ Khedive Shriners Center 645 Woodlake Dr. chesapeake VA. I ( Abraham Hardy) repping HCW Warrior Arts went is as Co-traininer and cornerman with Chris "Allgood" Woods Hampton Pitfighters MMA for Jeff "Shujaa" Richards fightat Modern Gladiators Fall Brawl. Jeff came out strong and dominated and controlled (won) the first round with some good ground n pound. Jeff was in control of the second, till on the... ground he turned the wrong way into a choke for the loss by submission.
    No shame for Jeff, cause he was controling, dominating and winning the fight. His opponet deserves alot of credit for a come from behind victory capitalizing on Jeff mistake. Jeff did a hell of a job. He listened, used what he knew, and most important of all he was winning the fight in bovious fashion. Skill set and ability has improved by leaps and bounds and i am proud to have had part in training him. I did not leave feeling like a loser by no means !
    I am unable to provide a meaningful technical analysis of the fight, but props to Jeff Richards for stepping up.

Edit:
    Quote Originally Posted by helmutlvx View Post
    That's certainly true.

But from the material Hardy has himself presented on YouTube and elsewhere, I would hope we can conclude he is not qualified to teach martial arts.
    Are there any WTF TKD practitioners here who would be able to confirm for us whether a 1st dan in the style is considered to be a teaching rank?

Administrator

Posted On:
    11/14/2010 5:25pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by helmutlvx View Post
    That's certainly true.

But from the material Hardy has himself presented on YouTube and elsewhere, I would hope we can conclude he is not qualified to teach martial arts.
    Nope.

He earned legit rank in WTF TKD outside of WUMA. There are 1st Dan WTF TKD instructors. He could teach the MA based on TKD.

IMO he is not qualified to teach many of the arts he claims.
    IMO he should have never created a new art based on his haphazard study.
    IMO he would be fine if he was only teaching TKD.

Stillness is death

Posted On:
    11/14/2010 8:43pm

Business Class Supporting Member
     NY Combat Sambo Style: combat sambo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    WUMA's unwillingness to stand up for their member speaks volumes. IMO it invalidates their certs as any kind of validation of skill or ability. I did think their certs offered any validation anyway...I mean they are UK based. When did Hardy ever even meet with them in person? He paid his dues and got his papers. They made some money off another rank collector. They won't even stand behind their own certs or pretend to give the appearance that they care...LOL. Those WUMA certs are not worth the paper they are printed on.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/14/2010 8:59pm

Style: Karate-knockdown, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    IIF-I have a cousin who has a 2nd Dan in WTF TKD and he told me you had to be a 4th Dan to teach and have your own school. He would assist with classes, but could not promote or teach on his own. I will make an attempt to talk with his instructor, but I am not sure if he is still around the area.

Banzai Buddy

Posted On:
    11/14/2010 10:15pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by searcher66071 View Post
    IIF-I have a cousin who has a 2nd Dan in WTF TKD and he told me you had to be a 4th Dan to teach and have your own school. He would assist with classes, but could not promote or teach on his own. I will make an attempt to talk with his instructor, but I am not sure if he is still around the area.
    Yeah, I was under that impression too. I may have read about it on here, actually.

I've had a look on the Kukkiwon's website (which is a nightmare to navigate, being both slow *and* broken) and although I couldn't find it stated specifically, there is this:

http://www.kukkiwon.or.kr/english/ex...mination08.jsp
    Article 20 : Gup Promotion Test The instructor who holds 4th Dan or higher Dan has a right to test the Gup promotion and issue the Gup certificates by his name for his students. By-laws for Gup promotion test will be made up separately.

Stillness is death

Posted On:
    11/15/2010 11:49pm

Business Class Supporting Member
     NY Combat Sambo Style: combat sambo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yep...4th Dan to teach/test on your own (own school). I recall that back in my TKD days. I have 1st Dan WTF. Was supposed to, but never took the 2nd Dan test because I did not want to pay the rip off fees. I left the club instead...LOL

Valiant Monk of Booze & War

Posted On:
    11/16/2010 12:08pm

supporting memberstaff
     Style: BJJ/C-JKD/KAAALIII!!!!!!!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    Monk Status The Ultimate Credential, traditional decor throughout this Monk Status Recognition Certificate, colorful, oriental decor, one of a kind, rare find, 11x17 imprinted on top quality high gloss photo type paper and delivered in protective cylindrical container to avoid damage during shipping.
    WHAT?!?

Valiant Monk of Booze & War

Posted On:
    11/16/2010 12:34pm

supporting memberstaff
     Style: BJJ/C-JKD/KAAALIII!!!!!!!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    Yes, those are silly, but IMO, they are not in the realm of a PhD or insulting people who have actually been ordained as Monks.
    Is this worth digging into in a separate investigation?

Banzai Buddy

Posted On:
    11/16/2010 1:40pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by DerAuslander108 View Post
    Is this worth digging into in a separate investigation?
    Possibly. Their site's been gone for more than two years, but Google says that there are a few soke types still repping the 'Martial Arts Masters World Federation'...

Administrator

Posted On:
    11/16/2010 3:18pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I think it would be, but there have been changes. It is more about discrediting the Certificates they gave out at this point. I haven't been able to find any trace of the org existing under a new name yet.

As to the other stuff, we are not on the same page. Unfortunately, I was unclear. You are right about the WTF org exclusively. He has legit rank and a few school owners teach as first dans when they are unaffiliated. Do I think he should be teaching? Nope.
Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 11121314 LastLast