Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/27/2009 9:56am

Style: Karate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Hi I bumped a MABS thread with the Street vs Sport argument

All I can say is wow........what a story.......

Posted On:
    11/03/2010 12:23pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Hilarious

Quote Originally Posted by OZZ View Post
    We really don't want to have our club associated with these dummies in any way, shape or form - even if it is through exposing their lies and such.
    We do not, as a general rule, like to have tapes of our fighters 'out there' for our own reasons. We do not allow the public to tape our demos either.
    If people want to see what we do, they can come to the club or to a TD.
    Since none of them would fight, including the GREAT GRANDMASTER, there was nothing worth taping anyways, really.

Ok I have to comment. I was a student of Gus' up until around 6 years ago and there is something that needs to be clarified here. Black Arts training is primarily for military applications. Although it is taught to Police and security groups as well what they learn is a slightly watered down version of the military training, after all not many police officers need to do things like sentry take outs with a combat knife. As to people challenging Gus in an MMA style of fight this is just ridiculous. Sport fighting is just that, sport. What Gus teaches is of use in any real combat situation. I wouldn't walk into an MMA competition and rip an ear off a guys head or bleed him out in under 12 seconds with great knife technique any more than an MMA fighter would be seen in a live fire zone trying to punch bullets out of the air with his fists, it's comparing apples and oranges. I have had the extreme pleasure of spending time with some of the fine military personelle that have come through Gus' club and they are as hard as they come. So if you think the Canadian Special Forces are a bunch of wimps because they might not perform well in a MMA event with rules and gloves well who cares quite frankly. Military gets a real job done and you ladies into your sport fighting do what you do.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/03/2010 1:27pm

Style: Watching from the stands

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hi davenhein, welcome to Bullshido. T3h d3adl3y is covered in the stickies at the top of the page, please give them a read and if you feel like it start a thread in Newbietown and introduce yourself.

Administrator

Posted On:
    11/03/2010 2:04pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by davenhein View Post
    Ok I have to comment. I was a student of Gus' up until around 6 years ago and there is something that needs to be clarified here. Black Arts training is primarily for military applications. Although it is taught to Police and security groups as well what they learn is a slightly watered down version of the military training, after all not many police officers need to do things like sentry take outs with a combat knife. As to people challenging Gus in an MMA style of fight this is just ridiculous. Sport fighting is just that, sport. What Gus teaches is of use in any real combat situation. I wouldn't walk into an MMA competition and rip an ear off a guys head or bleed him out in under 12 seconds with great knife technique any more than an MMA fighter would be seen in a live fire zone trying to punch bullets out of the air with his fists, it's comparing apples and oranges. I have had the extreme pleasure of spending time with some of the fine military personelle that have come through Gus' club and they are as hard as they come. So if you think the Canadian Special Forces are a bunch of wimps because they might not perform well in a MMA event with rules and gloves well who cares quite frankly. Military gets a real job done and you ladies into your sport fighting do what you do.
    Did you read this before you hit the reply button?

This is to idiotic for words. MMA punching bullets out of the air? Yes, then explain how the deadly ear rip is going to work on an object with no ears. You know, those same bullets.

MMA works in real life as well. Quit being an ass.

Cull:

BS Black Arts Fiasco in London, Ontario - No BS MMA and Martial Arts
    Last edited by It is Fake; 11/03/2010 2:09pm at .

Posted On:
    11/03/2010 2:13pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Nice Try

I was trying to point out that there is a difference between military training and sport fight training. As for calling me an idiot it doesn't bother me, I am not an egoist. I am also obviously not very good at analogies either but I think you still get the point. Sport fighting is inherently different than live combat scenarios. I'll leave the analogies to those that are trained in writing next time lol.

Posted On:
    11/03/2010 2:18pm

Style: mma /boxing/muai thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I was trying to point out that there is a difference between military training and sport fight training. As for calling me an idiot it doesn't bother me, I am not an egoist. I am also obviously not very good at analogies either but I think you still get the point. Sport fighting is inherently different than live combat scenarios. I'll leave the analogies to those that are trained in writing next time lol.
    You are correct military hand to hand fighting is a secondary concern at best and they are not vey good at it.

Sports fighing hand to hand is a primary concern and they are experts

Posted On:
    11/03/2010 2:21pm

Style: Siling Labuyo Arnis

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So if you think the Canadian Special Forces are a bunch of wimps because they might not perform well in a MMA event with rules and gloves well who cares quite frankly. Military gets a real job done and you ladies into your sport fighting do what you do.
    Funny then, that all the JTF2 guys in Ottawa train in Sambo.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/03/2010 2:30pm

Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Even the best super-secret-sacred-commando-CIA-special-black-ops military training won't prepare you for the lava.

So, there.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/03/2010 2:33pm

Style: TKD/ TSD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Military gets a real job done and you ladies into your sport fighting do what you do.

Posted On:
    11/03/2010 2:34pm

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I live in San Diego you know where they train the SEALS have one at my BJJ gym had one at the Judo place I use to go also my brother was army special forces he spent time in Honduras training anti-Sandinista forces. All this crap about special forces H2H is just that crap. They really don't spend much time on it at all. Also from what I have gathered they prefer to shoot people as opposed to sneak up behind them with a knife(that is mostly a movie thing). Yes you can stealthy shoot people.
Page 1 of 5 1 2345 LastLast