Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Merry Christmas! shitter's full...

Posted On:
    11/04/2010 11:21pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ/Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    being very experienced working with children, the little girl looked like she had stage fright about getting in the ring. her behavior tells me she likes the activity (training that is), likes spending time with her dad, and likes winning, but has nasty stage fright.

the boys appear to be super gung ho for the sport. however, i cannot see how putting a child in a ring to take head shots at full contact will not result in brain trauma.

now, the problem with a child getting brain trauma, is that a child's brain is very plastic. let's say the language area of the brain is damaged. for any of us, it would be catastrophic as we might lose significant ability to communicate. but with a child, their brain can just assign language to another area. thus, the manifestation of the brain damage would take years to appear, and there is no telling how they will be affected.

so, as far as the no head shot, shin pad, glove and bogu fights go, i wouldn't put my kids into those fights. but that's just me. i can't speak for parents of other children.

but damn, just put your kids into wrestling/judo/bjj. they get the chance to compete, travel, have fun, and not get punched/kicked in the fucking head.
    --------

Quote Originally Posted by it is fake View Post
    yeah, normally i'd get a quote, but couldn't be bothered.

Posted On:
    11/04/2010 11:30pm

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by STB'A View Post
    but damn, just put your kids into wrestling/judo/bjj. they get the chance to compete, travel, have fun, and not get punched/kicked in the fucking head.
    This statement I completely agree with.
    STB'A do you know at what age does the skull start to harden up enough for the majority of people to start taking head shots?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/04/2010 11:51pm

Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    i dont think its medicaly correct to ever be able to start 'taking' headshots !

i would guess late teens ? dont we keep growing until at least mid twenties ? off topic, apologies.

Posted On:
    11/05/2010 3:23am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by goodlun View Post
    This statement I completely agree with.
    STB'A do you know at what age does the skull start to harden up enough for the majority of people to start taking head shots?
    let me try to rephrase your question for you.

at what age is the skull firm enough to give adequate protection from bludgeoning injuries?

my answer is, sometime in the teens.

however, the more i learn about traumatic brain injury, and the more i learn about the effects of concussions, the more i'm glad that i'm legally blind and can't do hard contact striking work anymore.
    --------

Posted On:
    11/05/2010 3:27am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    put your kids in the booj-y-con. they will never take a head shot, ever.

EDIT: /sarcasm
    --------

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/05/2010 8:23am

Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by STB'A View Post
    being very experienced working with children, the little girl looked like she had stage fright about getting in the ring. her behavior tells me she likes the activity (training that is), likes spending time with her dad, and likes winning, but has nasty stage fright.
    Agreed. She wouldn't even look at the camera during the interview in her living room. She whispered that she likes "the trophies" and "winning" into her dad's ear.

If my parents had tried to put me in a ring (or anywhere) in front of that many people when I was her age, I probably would have cried, puked, and embarrassed the hell out of them.

WTF is with Mum putting makeup on her before a fight, though?
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234