fist first Philosopher

Posted On:
    11/16/2010 9:31am

Join us... or die
     Style: Savate (LBF/SD/LC) - BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Katriona1992 View Post
    Yeah...the muay thai gym near me doesn't have belts though (except the ones you win in actual ring fights) and there aren't any sambo schools either (there isn't a SINGLE sambo school in HK)...

thanks for your suggestions though :thumbsup:
    Savate (French kickboxing) !, not SAMBO.

I don't know if there are Savate schools in Hong Kong, there are in S-Korea (since the kicking has got more incommon with Taekwondo than with other styles of Kickboxing).

....do Yudo!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jiujitsu77
    You know you are crazy about BJJ/Martial arts when...
    Quote Originally Posted by Humanzee
    ...your books on Kama Sutra and BJJ are interchangeable.
    Quote Originally Posted by jk55299 on Keysi Fighting Method
    It looks like this is a great fighting method if someone replaces your shampoo with superglue.
    The real deadly:

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/16/2010 9:28pm

Style: TKD & JJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by DerAuslander108 View Post
    The ITF does not exist anymore, so no, they will not be merging, despite what the bullshit peice of trash North Korean propoganda rag known as TKDTimes may tell you.
    All the more reason why it might happen. Easier to mergethe NK faction with the SK group than the ITF V group that has no interest in a merger for political purposes.

Of course we may, if we live long enough see NK and SK merge before an ITF faction and the WTF / KKW

Posted On:
    11/17/2010 12:54pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: goju ryu, boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    My teachers teacher was a former ITF turned WTF isntructor and he taiught a mix between the two. I think its gives you more variations and different perspetives and what not but a better tkd will be made by by not neglecting training the hands and sparring realistically.

Valiant Monk of Booze & War

Posted On:
    11/17/2010 1:09pm

supporting memberstaff
     Style: BJJ/C-JKD/KAAALIII!!!!!!!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Merging style /= merging organization.

Day Tripper/Dream Weaver

Posted On:
    11/19/2010 3:15pm

supporting member
     Style: Shorei-ryu & Kumdo & TKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    First off we need to distinguish something. When you speak of ITF & WTF merger are you talking strictly sport rule merger? If you are looking at stylistic merger it would be between ITF & KKW. WTF is solely a sport entity and does not control how the system of KKW TKD is developed. So the real question is if the ITF, whichever faction, would even consider coming back into the fold of the KKW. This I highly doubt.
    Jeremy M. Talbott

Quote Originally Posted by Phrost
    "Bullshido isn't just a place to hang out when you're browsing the net. We really are trying to accomplish something fucking extraordinary here that nobody's ever had the balls to do before."
    Quote Originally Posted by D.Murray
    "Which is better, to learn the truth, or to enjoy the illusion of being right when you are not?"
    Quote Originally Posted by hangooknamja88 View Post
    My definition of Ki is our energy. it's rather hard to explain it in words. It's not some mystical type of energy like white people...

SUPPORT BULLSHIDO!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/19/2010 8:54pm

Style: TKD & HKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by miguksaram View Post
    First off we need to distinguish something. When you speak of ITF & WTF merger are you talking strictly sport rule merger? If you are looking at stylistic merger it would be between ITF & KKW. WTF is solely a sport entity and does not control how the system of KKW TKD is developed. So the real question is if the ITF, whichever faction, would even consider coming back into the fold of the KKW. This I highly doubt.
    Wait, so you are DerAus' doppelganger with boobs right? If so, sweet. That guy is pretty cool.

Also, I agree. All the ITF factions are busy making their own chunk of change and are absolutely not willing to share some of it with KKW. It is less of a "stylistic" issue and more of a "money-grubbing political" issue. And those never get resolved.

Day Tripper/Dream Weaver

Posted On:
    11/19/2010 11:46pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by monkeypoo8762 View Post
    Wait, so you are DerAus' doppelganger with boobs right? If so, sweet. That guy is pretty cool.

Also, I agree. All the ITF factions are busy making their own chunk of change and are absolutely not willing to share some of it with KKW. It is less of a "stylistic" issue and more of a "money-grubbing political" issue. And those never get resolved.
    Hey Der donseng....I'm a doppleganger with boobs.

You are new here aren't you monkeypoo?
    Jeremy M. Talbott

"Bullshido isn't just a place to hang out when you're browsing the net. We really are trying to accomplish something fucking extraordinary here that nobody's ever had the balls to do before."
    "Which is better, to learn the truth, or to enjoy the illusion of being right when you are not?"
    My definition of Ki is our energy. it's rather hard to explain it in words. It's not some mystical type of energy like white people...

SUPPORT BULLSHIDO!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/20/2010 12:58am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yes, please don't hurt me. I'm making my baseless assumptions off of the past three posts I have read. Again, please don't hurt me. Both of you seem to have an immense knowledge of tkd and a keen eye for stupid. Again, be gentle plz.

Day Tripper/Dream Weaver

Posted On:
    11/20/2010 9:59am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by monkeypoo8762 View Post
    Yes, please don't hurt me. I'm making my baseless assumptions off of the past three posts I have read. Again, please don't hurt me. Both of you seem to have an immense knowledge of tkd and a keen eye for stupid. Again, be gentle plz.
    Yew got purrdy teeth boy. Time to make you squeel for that mistake.:XXpig:

Well..I guess being Der's doppleganger isn't a bad thing. No I don't have boobs. Luckily I have been working out again and lost my my man boobs...in the process.

I am just a how shall we say....a Korean MA enthusiast. I have been absent for a few months searching through, what I have been told by the government, this rising enconomy trying to find, what I have been told by the government, one of the plentiful jobs available. After 10 months I found one.
    Last edited by Miguksaram; 11/20/2010 10:02am at .
    Jeremy M. Talbott

SUPPORT BULLSHIDO!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/20/2010 10:36am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by miguksaram View Post
    Yew got purrdy teeth boy. Time to make you squeel for that mistake.:XXpig:

Well..I guess being Der's doppleganger isn't a bad thing. No I don't have boobs. Luckily I have been working out again and lost my my man boobs...in the process.

I am just a how shall we say....a Korean MA enthusiast. I have been absent for a few months searching through, what I have been told by the government, this rising enconomy trying to find, what I have been told by the government, one of the plentiful jobs available. After 10 months I found one.
    Ah, I see my mistake now. Four rum & cokes plus the "i think i have a crush on you" post, and your avatar and I made an assumption that put me in this current situation.

Congrats on the job.

As far as the ITF goes, I know DerAus said it was dead, but isn't there a few ITF groups still around like ITF-Canada, Austria, and North Korea? Other than that, the only other group I can think of would be ATA.

This has probably been discussed to death before, so I don't necessarily need a history lesson on the orgs. I was just curious what other groups could be considered in a "unification theory".
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 123 45 LastLast