Our Sponsors:

Page 1 of 3 1 23 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/02/2003 10:06am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    In my never ender search of finding a good MA school in VA I found this school
    http://www.ustma.com/
    The TKD sounds like everyone elses But what is Tuk Kong Moo Sool?
    Anyone know anything about it?

Thanks

Your skills are EXTRAordinary; You have our Gratitude.

Such as thou art, sometime was I.

Posted On:
    6/02/2003 10:35am

supporting member
     Style: Brazilian Jiujitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    T'euk Gong is Korean for Special Forces. Moo Sool means martial arts. I've never heard of these words combined.

Anyway, T'euk Gong is what South Korean SF people say to each other when they salute. It sounds pretty cool the way they do it.

"If you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - for ever."
    Normally, I'd say I was grappling, but I was taking down and mounting people, and JFS has kindly informed us that takedowns and being mounted are neither grappling nor anti grappling, so I'm not sure what the **** I was doing. Maybe schroedinger's sparring, where it's neither grappling nor anti-grappling until somoene observes it and collapses the waveform, and then I RNC a cat to death.----fatherdog

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/02/2003 10:49am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    "It's techniques borrow from Tae Kwon Do, Hap Ki Do, Judo, Kung Fu, Akido, and many others."
    "Grand Master Yong Gil Song, himself an 8th degree black belt in Tuk Kong Moo Sool"

It sounds like Song has a some kind of dan ranking in Hapkido, which is essentially (in appearance and technique) a mix of "Tae Kwon Do, ---, Judo, Kung Fu, Aikido" and has re-named it and gave himself an 8th dan.

Posted On:
    3/20/2008 12:30am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Tae Kwan Doe

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Tuk Gong was was created by Grandmaster Chang Soo Ok. It earned it's name of being the special forces martial art after a nation wide tournament held by the president of south Korea at the time it is no more then 40 years old and it's take downs if executed properly have no need for any further ground work. These guys train hard

Posted On:
    3/20/2008 12:38am

Style: Ronin wannabe

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Testyourmight
    and it's take downs if executed properly have no need for any further ground work.
    This bothers me.

"If executed properly?" Does that mean you incapacitate your opponents every time with these perfectly-done throws? What throws are they doing exactly? Does it matter what surface it's on?

Perhaps most importantly (though I fear I already know the answer), do they take this assumption into their training and thus, not train any groundwork after a takedown?

Monkey Knife Fight!

Posted On:
    3/20/2008 3:12am

supporting member
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Testyourmight
    Tuk Gong was was created by Grandmaster Chang Soo Ok. It earned it's name of being the special forces martial art after a nation wide tournament held by the president of south Korea at the time it is no more then 40 years old and it's take downs if executed properly have no need for any further ground work. These guys train hard
    One of my wifes friend was a member of the Korea's navel special forces (UDU), and trained in Tukgong Musul. He told me that it was pretty much a full contact style of hapkido. He also learned BJJ so I'm doubting the whole no need for ground work.

Valiant Monk of Booze & War

Posted On:
    3/20/2008 6:43am

supporting memberstaff
     Style: BJJ/C-JKD/KAAALIII!!!!!!!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Can we move this out of MABS & into the KMA forum?

Posted On:
    3/20/2008 10:28am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Tae Kwan Doe

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by KenshinBt10
    This bothers me.

"If executed properly?" Does that mean you incapacitate your opponents every time with these perfectly-done throws? What throws are they doing exactly? Does it matter what surface it's on?

Perhaps most importantly (though I fear I already know the answer), do they take this assumption into their training and thus, not train any groundwork after a takedown?

No they put you in positions where your apponent is locked down and you are in a good striking position. ANd no they do not take this assumption into their training. I should be less rash when I speak on here I forget that I am posting towards such distiguished individuals.

Valiant Monk of Booze & War

Posted On:
    3/20/2008 11:10am

supporting memberstaff
     Style: BJJ/C-JKD/KAAALIII!!!!!!!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yes, you should, especially with a SN cobbled from Mortal Kombat.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/20/2008 2:04pm

Style: Censorship

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Edit. Wrong forum.
    Last edited by TroyForum; 3/20/2008 2:44pm at . Reason: wrong forum
Page 1 of 3 1 23 LastLast