Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Thumbs up!

Posted On:
    11/06/2010 3:04pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo,MT,Boxing,BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeah, and didn't K1 ban/gimp clinch knees as well? Surely there can be some kind of unified Sanda/MT ruleset that allows both clinch strikes and throws.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/06/2010 9:30pm

Style: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Conde Koma View Post
    Surely there can be some kind of unified Sanda/MT ruleset that allows both clinch strikes and throws.
    I hope that ruleset turns out to be MMA. Which would lend even more reason for Thai fighters to start training grappling. Pro Muay Thai fighters would make awesome MMA fighters if they added takedown defense to their game at a minimum, or even better just added some grappling style to their training.

They are catching on though. Fairtex Bang Plee now has a grappling instructor, BJJ brown belt Eric Gerber. And I know of at least one Muay Thai fighter, Rambaa Somdet, who has started competing in MMA. I know these are only isolated examples, but it's a start. China is still way ahead of Thailand in MMA, for sure.

Posted On:
    11/06/2010 10:01pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Conde Koma View Post
    Yeah, and didn't K1 ban/gimp clinch knees as well? Surely there can be some kind of unified Sanda/MT ruleset that allows both clinch strikes and throws.
    How about MT with all the standing grappling/wrestling restrictions removed or pro sanda with unlimited clinch time.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    11/07/2010 6:09am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lindz View Post
    How about MT with all the standing grappling/wrestling restrictions removed or pro sanda with unlimited clinch time.
    That would be the best "MT vs Sanda" matchup IMO, since it allows the full range of MT and Sanda techniques, while not allowing anything else.

Quote Originally Posted by Bahuyuddha View Post
    I hope that ruleset turns out to be MMA. Which would lend even more reason for Thai fighters to start training grappling. Pro Muay Thai fighters would make awesome MMA fighters if they added takedown defense to their game at a minimum, or even better just added some grappling style to their training.
    It could be a good idea, but such a matchup would no longer be purely "Muay Thai vs Sanda". I mean GnP and triangle chokes aren't part of both arts.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12