Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    11/15/2010 9:10am

Style: Trad Ju Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by KidSpatula View Post
    That reminds me of Emmanuel Stewart's comments about Freddie. Basically he said that Freddy Roach is no better than any other halfway decent boxing coach and anyone with half a brain and a little boxing knowledge and disciplinary skills could train Manny to be what he is today. Of course, Stewart seems to have the opinion that he's the only exceptional coach out there from the impression I got when I met him lol.

Perhaps it was jealousy that he (Steward) wasn't PacMan's trainer and getting his percentage. I'm reminded that he took a rather high percentage of Thomas Hearns' earnings - yet The Kronk foundered for want of money and intended a Benefit.

Anyway, moving on...PacMan v Margarito was on Sky PPV at 2AM but not accessible to me. So...I saw a very short clip or 3 on the News and I marvelled that when Manny was looking at the Ref to stop it, he didn't. So, now I know. It's bad enough having a Brave Manager but a Brave Ref?!!

Unless he was Cotto's undeclared cousin - 4 times removed.

Fingers crossed I see the Playback eventually on Eurosport (may be).

Go Manny.

Gnarly King of Half-Guard

Posted On:
    11/15/2010 9:21am

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Surely the point of having corner-men is that they pull you out of fights like that? Last three rounds were painful to watch,

Posted On:
    11/15/2010 11:18am

Style: Trad Ju Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by PointyShinyBurn View Post
    Surely the point of having corner-men is that they pull you out of fights like that? Last three rounds were painful to watch,
    You must be thinking of The Great Eddie Futch.

Yes, that's what a GREAT Cornerman is supposed to do - protect the boxer from his (or her) own Bravery.

The Brave Manager lets you get beaten to a pulp. Most recent (best) example. Jeff Lacy ruined by Joe Calzaghe because Gary Shaw didn't intervene correctly, when everyone knew it should have been stopped.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/15/2010 2:57pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    props to Manny for not killing him and allowing him to finish the fight. And yes...his corner and trainer should be fired for not throwing in the towel. That dude could not see at all. Both eyes swollen shut and a huge flapping gash on his face. This reminds me of the frazier fight. Joe was pissed that they stopped the fight, even to this day. So why did they stop the fight? Because frazier could not see ali at all. His visibility was zero.

If you love your fighter, you stop that damn fight! There was no way he was going to knock out manny, much less even land a punch. Manny took his foot off the gas and let him finish.

Gnarly King of Half-Guard

Posted On:
    11/15/2010 7:17pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Pacquiao's speed is fucking ridiculous. When he throws a five-punch combination I honestly couldn't tell what the shots were unless they showed it on the slo-mo.

I mean, I watched the fight drunk and sleep deprived in a Manchester youth hostel full of Scots David Haye fans shouting incomprehensibly, so I wasn't quite up to my usual standards for seeing clearly, but still.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    11/15/2010 7:43pm

supporting member
     Style: Short Fist Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I watched a pretty grainy , hijacked HBO signal on my brother- in- laws TV via his home computer. He is the one I turn to when I need to get movies downloaded etc. He's a whiz at finding things online. He had the Sky PPV channel as a back up too..but it got yanked right when the main event started, so thank god the one he had didn't peter out on us because the only other one he could find was in Spanish and it was very poor quality.
    Yes, I cheaped out and didn't pony up for the PPV. *hangs head in shame*
    It wasn't HD or anything, but it was still pretty damn good considering it was free. It was almost like watching television from the 1970's or something.
    " If one wants to have a friend one must also want to wage war for him: and to wage war one must be capable of being an enemy." - Fr. Nietzsche 'On The Friend' Thus Spake Zarathustra

On hiatus

Posted On:
    11/16/2010 4:37am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I don't get it. If you wait a day, you can get these fights by torrents. Which has damn fine quality. Why go through all that trouble for a grainy video, just to see it live?

(tab) Forum > Forum Actions > General Settings > in Thread Display Options > Number of Posts to Show Per Page: 40

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    11/16/2010 12:17pm

supporting member
     Style: Short Fist Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tranquil Suit View Post
    I don't get it. If you wait a day, you can get these fights by torrents. Which has damn fine quality. Why go through all that trouble for a grainy video, just to see it live?
    I didn't want to wait because I would have found out the outcome beforehand. I would have had to wait about two weeks to see it on TSN.
    It really wasn't that bad.
    " If one wants to have a friend one must also want to wage war for him: and to wage war one must be capable of being an enemy." - Fr. Nietzsche 'On The Friend' Thus Spake Zarathustra
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234