An American Hero!
Posted On:10/29/2010 8:36am
TryKickboxingNow.com - Free Internet Marketing for Kickboxing Programs! Style: BJJ
This will be an in-house tourney right after Thanksgiving. Everyone will be guaranteed at least 2 matches (No-Gi & Absolute No-Gi) but we will be doing as many matches as we can afterward just for fun.
ADULTS ONLY, there are no Kid's or teens divisions.
Competitor - $30 for 2 Divisions (No-Gi & No-Gi Absolute)
Spectator - $5
THERE WILL BE LIMITED ROOM FOR SPECTATORS. This is an event meant for the grapplers, there will be some seating but mostly standing room only.
Beginner - Under 3 years; White Belt
Intermediate - 3 - 5 years; Blue Belt
Advanced - Over 5 years; Purple or higher
Lightweight - Under 150lbs
Middleweight - 150 to 175lbs
Heavyweight - 175lbs to 200lbs
Super Heavyweight - 200lbs or more
MORE WEIGHT CLASSES MAY BE CREATED IF WE HAVE ENOUGH GRAPPLERS AT A SPECIFIC WEIGHT.
1) This is a No-Gi tournament. Mouthpiece required, cup is optional.
2) Beginner division - Only straight leglocks (Kneebar & Straight Ankle Lock). Intermediate & Advanced - All submissions are legal. For full rules go to: http://strongislandgrappling.com/rules/
3) All matches are 6 minutes.
4) There will be no points awarded during the match, only a submission will end the match.
5) After 6 minutes, if no submission has been made the match will enter overtime. Competitors will be stood up in a neutral position. The first to score 2 points under the IBJJF scoring system will win the overtime and advance in the bracket.
11AM Grappling Starts
Beginners first, Light through Superheavy followed by advanced. The Absolute division will compete after all other grappling has finished. After the Absolute division has completed, we will run make-up matches.
There will be LIMITED room for spectators.
There will be 2 rings.
The NY SUBMISSION OPEN II - June 19th, 2010 Info & Pre-Register HERE
Posted On:10/29/2010 9:16am
I want to do it, I just have to get my fat ass in shape again
Posted On:10/29/2010 9:25am
Don't worry about it as much, it's a small in-house tourney for $30, not a NAGA or ADCC lol.
Articles and Reviews
Tools and Info