• Register
Our Sponsors:

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12 345 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    10/27/2010 12:07pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thank you for your help Snake. I see that he has some mma fights and I have no discrepancy over his Brown Belt in Kenpo. But isn't it kind of wrong to call yourself a "Black Belt" in a fabricated martial art.

Posted On:
    10/27/2010 12:16pm

Style: self defense

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

To Jamesaikido55 re: az defense academy

If you"re looking for just self defense, check out REACT. They have a few locations and are affiliated with Krav Maga World Wide and Darren Levine. Kinda pricey. But the real deal.

When I Get Back

Posted On:
    10/27/2010 12:16pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesaikido55 View Post
    But isn't it kind of wrong to call yourself a "Black Belt" in a fabricated martial art.
    It depends on what level of training he has had and what he is doing with it.

Chad has been involved in the fighting arts in some shape or form since his first day entering a dojo. He has studied Shuri Ryu (an Okinawan based form of Karate) and has studied Chinese Kenpol. He has trained with various individuals in many different styles ranging from Judo, Submission Grappling, Boxing, and Wrestling.
    what is his grading in Shuri Ryu (I'm guessing Trais lineage since he is in AZ)?
    Chinese Kenpo?
    Judo?

There is no grading in Sub Grapple, Wrestling and Boxing, so if he is training all these in some manner of fight preparation training for fighters, then he has "created" his own "hybrid" training system for his fighters.

Do I think he should have or grant ranking in this? No, I think he and his fighters should stand on their own merit and win/loss records, but there are several legitimate people who have "created" their own style based on their previous training.

When I Get Back

Posted On:
    10/27/2010 12:19pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by sammy fights View Post
    If you"re looking for just self defense, check out REACT. They have a few locations and are affiliated with Krav Maga World Wide and Darren Levine. Kinda pricey. But the real deal.
    Seriously, if you are looking for training in Phoenix, do you really need to look beyond Megaton?

Posted On:
    10/27/2010 12:23pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I agree with you and think that there is nothing wrong with creating a hybrid system but I think it is wrong to market this system by claiming to have a certain belt and promote to belt levels. And thank you sammy, I think I will look into React, Krav Maga is proven to be legitimate. Thank you snake, lots of good info.

When I Get Back

Posted On:
    10/27/2010 12:32pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    seriously, you are looking at Krav Maga over this?

why am I getting the impression that you two guys are affiliated with this Krav Maga school and are concerned that a fighter who is a former millitary guy with a legitimate competition record is also offering play-soldier training?

pro nonsense self defense

Posted On:
    10/27/2010 12:39pm

supporting member
     Style: FMA, dumbek, Indian clubs

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Why am I getting the feeling that those two guys are actually just one guy?

Posted On:
    10/27/2010 12:47pm

Style: self defense

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

To Snake

Sorry to break up the conspiracy theory, train at THE LAB. Just trying to help the guy (jamesaikido55) out, saw the postings on craigslist and forwarded info. Would have suggested THE LAB, but he lives out in mesa. I do agree, AZ Combat is awesome and I know a couple of the instructors, Varner, Rosenberg. I'm way out on the west side, they're way out in east.

When I Get Back

Posted On:
    10/27/2010 12:52pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by sammy fights View Post
    Sorry to break up the conspiracy theory, train at THE LAB. Just trying to help the guy (jamesaikido55) out, saw the postings on craigslist and forwarded info. Would have suggested THE LAB, but he lives out in mesa. I do agree, AZ Combat is awesome and I know a couple of the instructors, Varner, Rosenberg. I'm way out on the west side, they're way out in east.
    Well, you both have the same join date, both are posting on this thread only, both have the same number of posts and both are posting from Scottsdale (IE: THE EAST SIDE) Cox cable within pretty much the same building.

http://www.maxmind.com/app/locate_de...=98.191.105.22

http://www.maxmind.com/app/locate_de...=68.231.90.112

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/27/2010 1:53pm

Style: TKD/ TSD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12 345 LastLast