Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 8910 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/21/2010 9:45pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'd be interested in coming along to the TD.
    I can only do Sydney though.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/21/2010 9:54pm

Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    looking forward to it wherever it is. majority rules is fine by me.

Here to kick your ass.

Posted On:
    11/22/2010 8:05pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Jubo NOOB, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rickko View Post
    Hi Syberia.just wondering what's happening with the TD.
    Hey Guys.

Sorry about my absence. I have been working a shitload and have pan pacs this weekend so I've not been on much.

Okay, so by the list I have, like I said, Gold Coast and Sydney are pretty equal. So at the end of the day it's sort of picking at random.

Gold Coast.
    I need a holiday. ;)
    Sydney people, if you can't make it, then feel free to have one of your own, or orginaise a meetup to plot vicious revenge.

But, seriously, with additional people a couple of guys said they could bring and with people able to travel Gold Coast wins out.

Early Feb is the best time to do this for most people, so give us a shout over either the 5/6th of Feb or the 12/13th of feb.

As for what we need:
    Whatever you want to bring.
    Personaly, I'm bringing my MMA gloves, shinguards, no-gi gear, gi, mouthguard and my sense of childlike wonder.

People who havent been to a TD before they pretty much run similar to this:
    We arrive and get to know each other. I like taking photos first, too, before my hair gets all messed up and in case someone needs to leave early.
    We warm up and get strait into it. That is, pair up and have a light roll or spar with someone, ruleset and how hard you go is completely up to you, disucuss this with your partner before you begin.
    If anyone wants to share a few techniques or experiences (I'd personally love to learn a bit of Judo if I can) then they are welcome (nay, encouraged) to share on a one on one basis or to the entire group.
    A few hours later we get sick of it, we head back to our hotel/houses etc and shower and change and then we go to a nice place and wreak a bit of havoc.

The most important factor of the TD is attitude.
    None of us really know each other and we are coming together to learn and to experience. We range in level and ability and confidence.
    Your ego stays at the door and we deal with everything on the mat like sane adults.
    If you're a noob and worried about getting into it then you are encouraged to take part, but not forced.
    If you and your partner want to go full contact under a particular rule set then that's fine, too. There'll be a waiver removing the facility and BS from any liability, I imagine.

I am level two first aid and CPR trained and am happy to act as such on the day, depending on the facility.

Wow, long post.
    A few last things:
    Is there anyone coming who will be under 18 at the time of the TD?

Does anyone on the GC know any facility that's cheap to book with appropriate matting? I'm going to look into it, but I'm not a local, so some inside opinions would be fantastic.

Chaos
    ? Panic?... Disorder??

.........................My Work is done here... ;)

Here to kick your ass.

Posted On:
    11/23/2010 6:58pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    No response?

Chaos
    ? Panic?... Disorder??

Posted On:
    11/23/2010 7:16pm

forum leader
     Style: BJJ/ MMA/ MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I know of no gyms in Queensland, so I can't help you sybs, but the firmer the date, the easier it will be for me to get there.

Posted On:
    11/23/2010 7:41pm

Style: MMA, Yoga

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I have no idea about viable gym rentals sorry, living up at Maroochydoore these days so can't really swing by any and have a look either. I'm probably fighting late Feb so the earlier date would be better for me, hopefully my deferred exam doesn't land on that date.

Thanks for the lift offer Rowan, we're probably coming from a different direction though. Are you going to stay the night and come out for drinks? I'm thinking backpackers.

Do we have any pure strikers or TMA guys coming along? I'm trying to convince my full contact Kung Fu friend to come along and wipe the floor with everyone but i think he's fighting around then too.
    "Boxing is the art of hitting an opponent from the furthest distance away, exposing the least amount of your body while getting into position to punch with maximum leverage and not getting hit."
    Kenny Weldon

Posted On:
    11/24/2010 2:53am

Style: BJJ/Zumba

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sang View Post
    I have no idea about viable gym rentals sorry, living up at Maroochydoore these days so can't really swing by any and have a look either. I'm probably fighting late Feb so the earlier date would be better for me, hopefully my deferred exam doesn't land on that date.

Thanks for the lift offer Rowan, we're probably coming from a different direction though. Are you going to stay the night and come out for drinks? I'm thinking backpackers.

Do we have any pure strikers or TMA guys coming along? I'm trying to convince my full contact Kung Fu friend to come along and wipe the floor with everyone but i think he's fighting around then too.
    Oh yeah, no probs, Ian. Still, if you need a lift and can get to somewhere central I can grab you on the way or something. I guess I was thinking of crashing there for a night, could be fun. Haven't gone out on the coast ever, haha.

As for Gyms, really not sure about GC, alas. I know deadmeat should know at least that area pretty well Shindo (gym he's at) is located Southport/Robina, I think? I know of PUMMA as well, but don't know if anyone on here is training from there or if they rent out facilities/could help us out http://www.pumma.net/facilities/ -- seems like PUMMA and Shindo have a pretty full class schedule...

Maybe YMCAs in the area? We could steal their stupid gym mats and use those/Judo or something..
    Daniel: I don't know if I know enough karate.

Miyagi: Feeling correct.

Daniel: You sure know how to make a guy feel confident.

Miyagi: You trust the quality of what you know, not quantity.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/24/2010 8:59am

Style: JKD / Systema

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    God dammit.
    Is there a date yet? Cause out of pure luck I'll be in qld around feb.
    I've been waiting for this **** since that last sydney throwdown thread was made but if it isn't when I'm alrady goin I don't think I can do it. :/

Ps. I totally have a good reason for not being active for however long it's been...
    I shall think of that reason at a later date... -thumbs up sign-

Here to kick your ass.

Posted On:
    11/24/2010 4:11pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Seedle Avenger View Post
    God dammit.
    Is there a date yet? Cause out of pure luck I'll be in qld around feb.
    I've been waiting for this **** since that last sydney throwdown thread was made but if it isn't when I'm alrady goin I don't think I can do it. :/

Ps. I totally have a good reason for not being active for however long it's been...
    I shall think of that reason at a later date... -thumbs up sign-
    Either the 5/6th feb, or the 12/13th

Personally I'm leaning towards the earlier date, but if anyone has serious objections I can do the other one.

Maybe YMCAs in the area? We could steal their stupid gym mats and use those/Judo or something..
    I promise on monday I'll look into it.

Chaos
    ? Panic?... Disorder??

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/24/2010 4:19pm

Style: Kickboxing/BJJ/Wimp

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by syberia View Post
    Either the 5/6th feb, or the 12/13th

Personally I'm leaning towards the earlier date, but if anyone has serious objections I can do the other one.
    I'd personally prefer 12th/13th of Feb - the earlier date is pretty close to the end of school holidays, which is going to lower my chances of attending due to workload, but either way I'll try to make it.
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 8910 LastLast