Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/24/2010 10:32am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ & Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hedgehogey View Post
    The one at 18th and L NW next to Farragut North station? They hosted one of those alarmist people who thinks muslims are taking over the country so they're no strangers to crazy.e
    No, this is the one by Federal Triangle/Metro Center.

Posted On:
    10/24/2010 5:29pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Hung Gar, Choy Lay Fut

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I was catching an inter-island flight last week and someone had a pound of butter confiscated.
    Who needs a pound of butter on a 25 min. flight?

If it were the 5 hrs to California, ok then, sure.
    That's a little less than a stick an hour, perfectly reasonable.
    But c'mon folks, for interisland that is just a bit excessive.

Posted On:
    10/24/2010 5:39pm

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ChenPengFi View Post
    I was catching an inter-island flight last week and someone had a pound of butter confiscated.
    Who needs a pound of butter on a 25 min. flight?

If it were the 5 hrs to California, ok then, sure.
    That's a little less than a stick an hour, perfectly reasonable.
    But c'mon folks, for interisland that is just a bit excessive.
    Ok I have to ask was it some like artisan butter or are butter prices significantly different from one island to another? Why the hell would someone have a lb of butter with them?

Posted On:
    10/24/2010 5:57pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Hung Gar, Choy Lay Fut

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    All of our dairy is atrociously priced, around $7 for a gal of milk, butter is around $5 /lb. unless you get it on sale.
    The outer islands are a little more expensive, but this flight was coming TO Honolulu and it was the regular store branded salted butter.

On a related note, my co-worker was trying to take 1.5 lbs of poi on an earlier flight and they nixed him.
    He got out of line and sucked down the whole bag at least...

Posted On:
    10/25/2010 10:33am

Style: Trad Ju Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ungjaevel View Post
    Earlier today, I was browsing a B&N in downtown DC when I noticed a young man with nunchucks around the back of his neck.

What the ****? Where do these people come from? Who wakes up in the morning and decides that they're going to walk around in a bookstore a few blocks from the White House and that, oh yeah, they'll need their fucking nunchucks because that part of town gets pretty rough at 4 in the afternoon?

Perhaps more importantly, who decides that these nunchucks also need to be carried in a way so as to be in plain view? Are you trying to deter someone or are you just a massive tool? Probably the former. You get a lot of menacing types in bookstores.

Has anyone else seen **** like this? Like, useless weapons in places you'd never need them?
    Christ, I've been amazed by this Thread. Our bookshops have....books.

For info, I was in WATERSTONE's in Camden High Street, London, and added another 5 (including Liston and Ali by Bob Mee - oh joy).

BTW, I once had a set of nuns around my Neck and a 5th Dan TradJJ/3rd Dan Judo closed them around my Jugular/Carotid. I've never made THAT mistake since.

The photos of knives amazed me so much I thought it was a Glasgow shop windown.

:icon_shak

Posted On:
    10/25/2010 11:20am

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Hardon View Post
    BTW, I once had a set of nuns around my Neck and a 5th Dan TradJJ/3rd Dan Judo closed them around my Jugular/Carotid. I've never made THAT mistake since.
    What the hell did you do?

Posted On:
    10/25/2010 4:28pm

Style: Kyokushin Karate / BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Should have choked him out with them.

I've never seen that personally, I'd probably fall over laughing if I ever did. I always thought it was funny that people would wear their belts outside of their training area, I see that a lot.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/25/2010 5:59pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ungjaevel View Post
    Earlier today, I was browsing a B&N in downtown DC when I noticed a young man with nunchucks around the back of his neck.

What the ****? Where do these people come from? Who wakes up in the morning and decides that they're going to walk around in a bookstore a few blocks from the White House and that, oh yeah, they'll need their fucking nunchucks because that part of town gets pretty rough at 4 in the afternoon?

Perhaps more importantly, who decides that these nunchucks also need to be carried in a way so as to be in plain view? Are you trying to deter someone or are you just a massive tool? Probably the former. You get a lot of menacing types in bookstores.

Has anyone else seen **** like this? Like, useless weapons in places you'd never need them?
    In my local ninja weapon store I saw a guy with a book around the back of his neck. I figured it was because that area of town gets a bit academic at 4 in the afternoon.

Posted On:
    10/25/2010 6:03pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by JudoA View Post
    In my local ninja weapon store I saw a guy with a book around the back of his neck. I figured it was because that area of town gets a bit academic at 4 in the afternoon.
    something is a bit fishy about this story...wait a second someone that can read would never be in the ninja store
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345